Mixing Bottle & Breast

Mango

Reaction score
Did anyone mix breast feeding and bottle feeding? I have to go back to work after 6 months and won't be able to breast feed through the day :( so I'll have to get lil one use to bottle feeds. I was wondering how early to begin mixing bottle and breast so that lil one gets use to it in time?

I have heard that if you are going to do both you should wait at least six weeks before introducing a bottle, to allow the breastfeeding to become established.

Once the BF is established. We started at 5 weeks. But if you start, whatever you do don't stop - they forget and then refuse it!

Actually I've seen it done plenty of times. I did also! You can do both! Breast feed as much as possible, but use a bottle plenty too! Its nice anyway because then others can feed baby too! My SIL does this with her daughter, and even though her LO prefers mom to the bottle she still takes a bottle just fine! There are a lot of different types of bottles and nipples out now that are similar to mom's breast. Check out the different types! I did both breast and bottle, but also had to supplement with formula anyway because I had trouble producing milk (and found out it was so bad I was basically starving my LO!!!). So eventually I had to switch to ALL formula. No fun.

for the first 2 weeks i breast fed, but after that i use 2 give my baby 1 bottle b4 bed and it was great cause when i was out i knew he was ok with bottle and wouldn't b starving.

I breastfeed during the day but introduced a bottle for the last feed at night as this way I managed to get a bit more sleep. If you want to continue to breast feed as well as bottle feed I would suggest that you express the milk that is not used as this way your supply will remain as breast feeding is supply and demand and also this will help stop painful, engorged or leaky boobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->