MMR tomorrow.. Anything I should prepare for??

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
DD has her MMR tomorrow and I'm terrified!! I'll be asking the HV questions anyway but is there anything I should prepare for either before/during/after and is there anything I need to look out for??

Over worried mummy here!!!

Aww she'll be fine... Ollie was slightly off colour about a wee after it he had nasty poo but that couldve been something different he was also a little moany then but again it might not have had anything to do with it xx

Nothing will happen during the jab -- it's simple.

Sometimes a week or two later, toddlers get a rash and fever. Not usually! But some do. Mine did. If that happens, just give ibuprofen to keep the temperature down, and make sure the rash blanches when you touch it. Lasts three days or so. Can always call the doctor if you want to describe the symptoms and make sure it sounds like a mild MMR reaction.

But most toddlers don't ever get that. But just mentioning it, cause mine did, and some others do.

She may just be a bit cranky. And have tylenol on hand. It's like us getting an Im shot. Your muscle might be a bit sore. My kids never had fever or rashes but some may get one slightly. Just think how many babies get these shots and are perfectly healthy. But we all worry, especially with our first! I brought my son to the dr with every sniffle and cough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->