mobile at 4 weeks??

lupi

Reaction score
My 4 week old baby Austin had his first night in his cot in his own room last night, we had our movement monitor set and nervously went to bed. He settled and slept well. When I went to feed him at 3 he had managed to move 90degrees and had his head facing the bottom of the cot where his feet had been. I could understand if he had been thrashing about his legs if he was crying but he had only just woken up. Has anyone else has this or found a soloution? I was worried that he had kicked off his blanket and was face down. Our cot has the bars at the side and solid wood atthe top and bottom. If he had been much closer his face would have been in the blanket. Any suggestions welcomed- almost feel like getting him back in moses basket to stay safe although he slept well.

Hi Lupi, i'm surprised he slept in his own room. My Jen is 5 months and she still sleeps in our room in her cot. I would recommend moving the cot into your room if possible. It will make you feel better too. Jen did move around and i saw her push herself from the foot of the bed to the bars, she nearly bumped her head!! So we still keep her in the room with us until she is around 6 months. Also try and get a sleep suit, the usually hook over the shoulder so he can't kick them off. Also there are the kind that zip up as well, a sleeping bag so to say!!
Hope this helps!!

There is no reason a young baby cannot be in there own room , its good for them and the parents ..even though they like to be near us we need breaks too ..my son was in his room at 5 weeks and slept so much better :)

Anywhoo regarding your mobile question my son is like this hes what you call a "cot travler" lol hes always moving around ..we've tried the anti-rollover pillows , swaddling and sleeping bags nothing worked lol till this day hes got his bumpers on as hes always bumping his head when moving around

Joseph has been doing this recently and we've found no way of stopping him. All we have done is put him in a sleeping bag and then put him at the top of the cot where the bumpers are, that way he won't hit his head on the bars. We gave up on blankets coz he just kicked them off!

Oliver is happiest in his own room. It gives you all some well deserved space.
have you tried the sleeping bags? It means that at least he can't wriggle under blankets and won't matter where he manages to navigate his way to in the night, he'll still be safe!
Good luck x x

Jasmine has been sleeping in her own room since a week old, in her her crib too.

I swaddle her legs (she likes her arms loose) and then I use 2 rolled up receiving blankets and wedge them on either side of her, then she gets her topblanket tucked in tight on either side. Its worked for us and still does and she is 2 months. She hasnt moved or rolled over once.

Oh I also have a special crib wedge that elevates her head, so she cant really push herself up at all either. She sleeps good and is exactly right where I leave her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->