Mobile baby frustration???

xSin

Mummy to Aria
Reaction score
HELP!!!!

Hahaha I love that my lil' girl is mobile, its great, really it is.

BUT!!!

Our coffee table + baby = BAD!

It's found, with a glass top, and a "shelf" underneath (all of 2 inches above floor leve)

She LOVES (she must?) crawling ONTO the shelf, and then screaming her head off. Does this MULTIPLE times per day. :dohh: Its getting REALLY frustrating! She knows how to get down from it, she's done THAT numerous times as well,... I don't know why she keeps on going up there if all she's going to do is be so sad that she's there?!?! She went there!!! We didn't put her under the coffee table... LOL

:shrug:

I have no idea how to get her to stop! She also likes crawling into corners and then crying. Yesterday I talked to her until she turned around and figured out how to get "out" of the corner... but I have no idea how to "Fix" the coffee table issue lmao

Mine is doing this too! She gets stuck under the coffee table and the jumperoo. She also hits her head on some part of the coffee table at least once a day. Hopefully they'll learn quickly. :haha:

Push the table off to the side and put something in front of it? There's no way to reason with them at this age so you kinda just have to restrict their access to areas that are safe for them, unless you're okay with constantly having to chase after them and get them out of trouble. I actually sold my coffee table because I couldn't be bothered, haha. Now I have a big leather storage trunk instead - it looks better and baby can't get stuck under it!

That corner bit made me laugh! Bless her! Could you block the coffee table shelf with books? OR *mean mummy alert* perhaps wrap cling film around the glass top and the shelf? :haha:

Cling wrap film is an idea. If it doesn't end up working I'm going to end up swapping the coffee tables back... (OH has a rectangular one with NO shelf underneath it... maybe she'd like that one better)

I would try stuffing a pillow in there! Ever since Noah learned how to crawl/pull up onto things, he couldn't care less for his toys and only cares about the DVD player (and knocking over the diaper genie :dohh:). I stuffed a blanket in front of the DVD player and temporarily outsmarted him! :happydance:

It's funny isn't it what they go for! I think of her as one of those wind up toys that u have to keep picking up and turning round to stop them going straight into the wall lol. Mine is obsessed with the fireplace (untill the fire guard comes mwahaha) and the filthy dog bed.. Especially when the poor dog is trying to sleep on it!lol. Xxx

LMAO

Aria was intrigued by the fireplace too, but we've temporarily outsmarted her with a giant stuffed raccoon... and a rocking horse. LOL

I wonder if Saran wrap around the entertainment / TV stand would still allow the remotes to work... intriguing idea for sure!

Putting stuff under the coffee table I'll have to try that too. Just not sure what. I used to keep a round dish under there with coasters and remotes, glasses and other things but now it sits on top of the coffee table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->