Moby v BabyHawk?

Im wearing mine now on my back (just hoovered the house lol) and its fab!! Not so great sitting down but walking about feels brill. Nath had to help me get Layla in though... I was too frightened she'd fall if I started faffing about putting her on my back lol! xxx Thumbs up from me :D xxx

I know what you mean - I tried putting Deri in the Moby on my back the other day but got too scared without OH here! Mind you, I'm sure I'll be trying to put Deri on my back tomorrow when I get the BH...can't wait!!!!

I'm so excited I want to order a custom one already :dohh:

Scatterpatch (sorry I can't remember your name) - thanks for the info. I'm hoping the BH will be more comfy than the Moby, however, I found the Moby brilliant!

I saw that BH on ebay but it looked a bit too used for me as I contacted the seller and asked for more pics :D

xxx

i missed this thread completely :dohh:

i think BHs are better for bigger babies.. ffion is just under 20lb and shes great in the moby, rhys is 22lb (but very long) and he is better in the BH.

i would def choose a BH over a moby for a heavier child or a toddler (theres also the toddler hawk..)

No worries hun! I almost bought a ToddlerHawk but decided I wanted Deri more snug iykwim! I'm going to see how I get on with it...if I feel he needs the ToddlerHawk then I'll order a custom one in that size :D

xx

Oooo...I'll look now :D

I'm not overly keen on the pattern but I just couldn't decide when I ordered....will get one made custom perhaps?

I put it on early this morning (with OH's help :blush:) and it bloody killed my shoulders....I'm such an idiot with everything....again I must've done something wrong :cry:

Aww no!! Like I said in the other thread, have a look on utube or ask some of the girls on here who have more experience of them. Maybe its just not quite sitting right. x

Heya gosh thats early post yayy

Try spreading the straps out towards you shoulders, is it tied apron or non apron ?xx

Thanks Girls! :D

I think I needed to pull it tighter tbh but as Deri is so heavy I was struggling! It was early and we'd had next to no sleep last night as Deri stirred all night :-( Try again soon!

I think it's an apron? :shrug:

Maya - BH have videos on their website...was watching them last night but will check you tube too, thanks :thumbup:

x

***Update***

Just been for a walk to the park with Deri in the BH and had no problems, put it on better this time without OH too! :D

I was slightly umcomfortable on my right shoulder and the right hand side of my back but Deri always leans that way for some reason so maybe that's why? :shrug:

All in all though, very impressed...just want a fancy one too now :blush: haven't got another spare £50 though :nope:

xxx

Save up? :happydance: I really want ours but we got a custom one and I have to wait like another two weeks or so. :cry: I want it nooooow!

How did you find tying it? Easier/harder than the Moby?

I'll be selling a few bits on ebay I think :winkwink:

Tying the straps was about the same as the Moby, but obviously a bit different (ie. the material is stiff rather than soft). I've only put it on twice so can't give you a 'proper' verdict just yet....with Deri's weight the carrier stayed just where I put it, rather than moving down a bit with his weight, although I couldn't fault the Moby at all :D

Just need to learn to get him on my back now (without OH) xxx

yay laurie you got 1 :happydance: hope you manage to figure it out. Let me know what it's like! :hugs:

yay laurie you got 1 :happydance: hope you manage to figure it out. Let me know what it's like! :hugs:

Really pleased with it so far hun! :thumbup:

Had Deri on my back earlier (OH had to help me get Deri in!) but I have to say I personally prefer him on my front....I guess it's just practice etc!

I might be selling mine for a custom one (mine is black with a black/white/grey design on one side and plain black on the other)...so if you haven't bought one by the time I get another...look out! :D

Let us know if you do get one!

xx

glad you figured it out and it felt better second time round. My pink one arrived yesterday morning and its lush! Will post pics when i get a minute. I like her on my back for long periods of time when she is awake but love snuggling up to her when she is on my front

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->