Moby v BabyHawk?

lauriech

Reaction score
Which do you rate?

I'm loving my Moby but takes me a few mins to get on and get Deri in and have been wanting a BabyHawk for a while (easier to put on when jumping in and out of the car I imagine! :D)......thing is, as Deri is quite heavy, I struggle with my shoulders :dohh:

With the Moby, Deri's weight is so evenly distributed I don't have a problem at all but am a bit concerned the BH might hurt?

Which do you girls rate for a heavy baba?

xxx

I have a heavy baby and I find it much easier to carry her in the babyhawk rather than the moby. The weight goes on your hips.

Can't see the BH hurting, as the weight it on your hips. I've never tried one though. My moby takes me less than a minute to get on now as it's comfy for me.

Can i ask how heavy deri is? Just i been wondering on weights n sizes etc myself!

Sure - he's over 24lbs now! He's so tall - if I'm carrying him (in my arms) people always think he's at least a year old!

Thanks for your replies girls! I didn't realise that most of the weight was taken on your hips with the BH, hence why I asked the questions!

Sam - are you pleased with your BH? Have you used it for long periods or just now and then?

Any other opinions?

x

wow, correct me if i'm wrong but is he about 6 months old? You have no ticker but thought i remembered reading somewhere :blush:

My LO is only 70cm and about 20 maybe getting to 21lbs now. Petite baba though she has just had a growth spurt!

Yes he is just over 6 months - you're right! I get so many comments about his weight (not to look at him - when people ask what he weighs) but I know many babies who take a lot more milk than him and a lot more food....he's just big, it's in his genes as OH was a BIG baba too (I wasn't :blush:)....he's starting to slim out now as he keeps getting taller and taller but he has proper chubby thighs bless him.

Can't wait for some more reviews on the BH and Moby - hopefully from people who have used both.....c'mon Tezzy....get online! :D

xxx

Yeah Im really please with the babyhawk I can use it for ages. Meadows really comfy in it too. With the moby I found she really fidgeted in it and I ended up trying to adjust it all the time.

Brill - I haven't heard anyone says they don't get on with the Baby Hawk (or other Mei Tai's) unless their LO's are very small still.

Sam - Deri loves being in his Moby....mind you, he loves most carriers tbh...I just struggle with my shoulders!

Mmmmm...I feel like shopping :blush: (no Laurie....no!)

do it! They are well worth the money. Im thinking of getting another one in a more manly colour for OH to use as he wont use the pink one.

I stopped using my moby when Niamh was about 5 months as it wasn't supportive enough. I tried a few Mei tais at our sling meet but in the end i went for a Connecta which is a soft structured carrier. It fastens with buckles and is very quick to get on. I've just ordered a ring sling for short trips. If you like wrapping have you thought of a woven wrap? They are more supportive.

i haven't looked into colours too much but they have some gorgeous ones on ebay from america.

Don't tempt me Sam!!!! :winkwink: tbh, I've just been looking online and can't decide on the colour I want (I love your pink one but don't think it's very appropriate for a boy :haha:) I was thinking black with a pattern on one side and plain on the other (so OH can use it too) and with winter coming up I thought black would be a good colour choice but am loving some of the other colours! Just can't actually decide :dohh: no change there though! :D

Bex I find my Moby supportive enough as long as I put it on tight to start with, so I almost struggle to get Deri in but then we're both really comfy, however, I haven't used it for hours at a time, just about 30 mins/an hour at a time really. I don't particularly want a wrap, am just impressed with how they don't hurt your back/shoulders at all. Also, I'm not an expert at putting them on yet (without the use of a mirror) so would like something that's easy to put on to get in and out of the car. I think I looked at the connecta when I bought my Moby and Patapum.

x

i haven't looked into colours too much but they have some gorgeous ones on ebay from america.

I may be too impatient to wait for one from the US but I have a feeling I know what I want and I can't get it here :blush: so may have to order from America!

x

i really like these colours

gossip tree raspberry
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BabyHawk...in_0?hash=item5d2475d106&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

bohemian blue
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BabyHawk...in_0?hash=item5d21f10d63&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

circle patch blue
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BabyHawk...in_0?hash=item5ad244493f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

:blush:

i really like these colours

gossip tree raspberry
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BabyHawk...in_0?hash=item5d2475d106&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

bohemian blue
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BabyHawk...in_0?hash=item5d21f10d63&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

circle patch blue
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BabyHawk...in_0?hash=item5ad244493f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

:blush:

Nice! :D I'm sure you can get some of those colours from UK shops online though hun...save you waiting for one and getting hit for import duty! x

laurie did you see my post about rental from slingjax? only £12.99 for 2 weeks and would help you make your decision!

I did thank you hun :thumbup: but was put off by the deposit amount :blush: I totally understand why they do it but it's a lot of money!

I love the print that OH and I picked when we ordered ours last night! It's in my thread that I posted in here as well. :)

I have a Cuddlywrap (like a Moby) but it's pink, and my OH refuses to use it. He'd carry her around in the Bjorn, but she's a big baby and she's outgrown the weight/size limits. So we decided to get a Babyhawk for him to use. I get to use it too though, that was a stipulation! :rofl:

We won't get ours for another 2 weeks or so, I can let you know the difference between them if you haven't already gotten one yet.

:)

I love the print that OH and I picked when we ordered ours last night! It's in my thread that I posted in here as well. :)

I have a Cuddlywrap (like a Moby) but it's pink, and my OH refuses to use it. He'd carry her around in the Bjorn, but she's a big baby and she's outgrown the weight/size limits. So we decided to get a Babyhawk for him to use. I get to use it too though, that was a stipulation! :rofl:

We won't get ours for another 2 weeks or so, I can let you know the difference between them if you haven't already gotten one yet.

:)

Thanks hun! I read your thread and have been on the BH website today as I wanted a black BH with skulls too (love the pattern you chose!) but now I've seen so many different skull patterns I don't know which one to go for :dohh: ha ha! Also, not sure I can wait for it to be made and shipped - could be ages?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->