• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

modest clothing

sophxx

Reaction score
What type of things do you wear in summer when its hot but still being modest? Any good websites?

No, I struggle to much to find modest summer clothing.

I love those maxi dress skirts with big chunky belts that fit across your waist so hide mummy tums really well. Loads of ditsy patters and a tucked in loose fitting white top works fab. Maxi dresses are a given.

These are my fave pair... https://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/skirts/burgundy-ditsy-floral-belted-maxi-skirt_287231969

Boyfriend shorts and a tee. I have dungarees which I LOVE and they are boyish and not at all revealing. They cover the tops of my legs right down to the tops of my knees and are loose.

:) I love summer.

I love maxi skirts but my hub hates them, im wearing alot of allsaints and lagenlook things but still finding it hard as i need myshoulders covered and most things are strappy vests

Maxi dresses, long skirts and vest tops, leggings and loose, baggy tops.

Maxi dresses (you can get the t-shirt style ones at the top), midi dresses, linen trousers, crop top with a chiffon cover up over the top - keeps you nice and cool but still covers you up, long top and 3/4 leggings

Well I suppose it depends on what you mean by modest :-/ I don't think I dress like a slapper?

(pics removed since soph has explained it's a religious issue)

Its not my place to think any one dresses kike a slapper. Were muslim and quiet religious butni dont want to wear the traditiinal clothes like some ladies so shorts are a no go unlessnover knee and vest toos or crop tops no, injust madebthis thread thinking someone might have some links to nice fashionable clothes.

My uni friend is muslim, and she always looks fantastic and covered up, I'll ask her where she gets her clothes from hun xx

Oooo she also wears maxi dresses with a long sleeve t shirt underneath xx

Its not my place to think any one dresses kike a slapper. Were muslim and quiet religious butni dont want to wear the traditiinal clothes like some ladies so shorts are a no go unlessnover knee and vest toos or crop tops no, injust madebthis thread thinking someone might have some links to nice fashionable clothes.

Well you didn't explain that it was a religious issue or what your specific criteria was.

You just said "modest". So to me, I didn't think I was dressed immodestly given that my boobs and bum were not on display.

I havent said you were i dont thinkni have to expksin i dont know ehy your trying to pickna fight but your posts arent comeing across very nice, all i was looking for was websites for clothes,

Well you didn't explain that it was a religious issue or what your specific criteria was.

You just said "modest". So to me, I didn't think I was dressed immodestly given that my boobs and bum were not on display.

Alicecooper's post didn't come across like she was picking for a fight. I think you mis read it.

When she said she doesn't think she looks like a stripper in her op... I think that was tounge in cheek. Nothing to do with you or anyone else. I think her response in both posts have been fine. :shrug:

I havent said you were i dont thinkni have to expksin i dont know ehy your trying to pickna fight but your posts arent comeing across very nice, all i was looking for was websites for clothes,

You have to remember that the meaning of 'modest' varies from person to person :flower: If you'd have explained in your first post, we'd all have understood what you were looking for xx

Asos always good or some of the other catolougues like Maridoutes or Littlewoods...as they have a broader range for all ages/styles.

Or shops for ladies like Monsoon, Wallis & Marks and spenser lots of floatly pretty long dresses.

Alot of Muslim ladies I know do alot of layering so they might wear a cotton long sleeved top with a trendy t shirt or vest over the top. I've only ever seen them wearing a long skirt or trousers. They usually wear lovely sparkly shoes too.

Difficult when its hot!

thanks ladies. Yes I wasn't looking to pick a fight. i just didn't realise the OP's criteria for 'modest'.

I'm not sure how much you need to cover but I don't like to be too on show and often pair a t-shirt with a maxi skirt. I like original 50s dresses too as they often have modest necklines and below knee skirts. I also have a boho style kimono that gives a lot of coverage over skimpier things. You could also try lightweight trousers, which can be quite cool especially if they're silk or thin cotton. I love ankle grazing ones as they're really flattering- Whistles have some nice ones.

Vintage clothing is always a good place to start as hemlines seem to have been getting shorter and shorter in my experience (Topshop is the worst for it at the moment). Rokit always has plenty of below knee length dresses. Joy can be quite good for a longer hem too. American Apparel often have good midi - maxi stuff and nice jeans but the prices are astronomical these days (if you join their mailing list though, it can be pretty good - they had a 50% off sale on everything on April Fools day)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->