• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

modest clothing

Maybe title the thread a bit differently or put muslim/for religious reasons in the FIRST post so you get more hits from like minded people?

I am not muslim or any other religion but dress modestly(compared to general non amish/muslim/...) just not very fashionable:) I wear long loose fitting shorts and a t shirt in hottest weather and mostly lounge pants in house. Though I do LOVE to go topless in the house lol.

With a basic undershirt you can pull many styles off. Though recently been seeing many woman in burkas. Ramadan may have influence on that/visiting relatives.

Asda George has a lot of really nice maxi dresses and skirts, Sainsbury's is good too xx

Hello Soph...Ill give you an idea of what i like to wear (more so once babies arrives, cos right now, im wearing anything that fits :lol:).

I have a few pairs of these:

https://www.pic.sabaito.com/185/00049/185000004900200012-FB1.jpg

I team them with long fitted vests that go over my bum and a cardy, not too long tho.

I wear a lot of maxi dresses, my fave style is this:

https://www.rarelondon.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/384x576/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/a/maxi_sto.jpg

I wear them with a cardy, usually hip length or ill wear a cotton top underneath, the stretchy ones from Primark that never lose there shape.

Love white linen shirts, like this:

https://www.strawberryshirts.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/1/21-10-2010_0323.jpg

I wear them with skinny jeans or slim fit pants.

And the usual white/khaki etc linen trousers with long fitted vests with cardies...Basically i LOVE cardies :lol:

Maxi skirts are amazing and there are loads on the market that are so pretty.

Oh and i also love palazzo trousers and chinos and i wear them like this:

https://cdn1.blovcdn.com/bloglovin/43640c004de0e243f34c7899aa48157e93f32a98/n/aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRmRheXNvZmRvbGwuZmlsZXMud29yZHByZXNzLmNvbSUyRjIwMTMlMkYwNCUyRjIwMTMwNDI3LTEyNDcxNi5qcGclM0Z3JTNENDkw

Sorry for the lengthy post, but i would def follow Dina Toki-O on YouTube/FB/Instagram...she dresses amazingly and i love picking bits and pieces of what she wears, but because shes hijabi, its always modest and loose.

There are a few more hijabi/Muslim bloggers/fashionistas that you might wanna take a look at, let me know if you want the names :)

I love the maxi dresses in new look and also the maxi skirts, primark do maxi skirts too x

OP explained what she meant, can you please keep the thread back on track.

Zara has a nice collection if long blouses & shirts.

This is what I'm wearing today. I'm on phone so can't get the pic right :p

When working in a school i wear alot of dresses which are knee length maybe slightly shorter, teamed with leggings so i can still get down on the floor with children...

Also OP, I know you said you're not too in to traditional dress, but it's so much of it is so beautiful! Plus perfect for the heat.

Modest does mean many things to many people, being Mormon we are similar standards to you, skirt and trousers should be below knee, we don't show our stomachs, or our shoulders or tops of arms, in this heat it's a nightmare! I look at all the other mums at the school gates and wish I could just wear a vest top lol!

I keep seeing lovely maxi dresses but I would have to wear a cardi or t shirt underneath and in this heat people would think I was crazy! Lol

Modest does mean many things to many people, being Mormon we are similar standards to you, skirt and trousers should be below knee, we don't show our stomachs, or our shoulders or tops of arms, in this heat it's a nightmare! I look at all the other mums at the school gates and wish I could just wear a vest top lol!

I keep seeing lovely maxi dresses but I would have to wear a cardi or t shirt underneath and in this heat people would think I was crazy! Lol

I used to find it hotter when I wore vest tops and stuff like that. There's a reason why most hot countries have historically worn loose, quite covering clothing even in pre Islamic/Christian times. It's cooler to wear a cardi over a dress than a top under it in my experience, those jersey waterfall cardis don't look too mad in the summer and are quite cool to wear, bizarrely the best ones I found were in the ladies sportswear bit in Asda-not sure why they were there as they aren't sporty looking at all. I also tend to mainly wear abayas these days not just for religious reasons but its much much cooler than wearing several layers of less loose clothing, I can just wear something really lightweight underneath, throw the abaya on and go xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->