Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

mummy123 i totally have felt the same as you. We started trying when corban was 6 months and we fell first month trying.... Dating scan found my cmp. I felt incredible guilt that i wasnt giving corban a brother/sister and my oh another baby. Even now at times i get upset specially around new borns and pregnant lady. Emotions with this are so confusing and even when you get your head around it all you still have bloods or urine to remind yov. Just remember your never alone up all us ladies understand your feelings exactly and we are all here to held you get through. Xxx

Is everyone here already TTC?? We still have over 4 months of waiting requested by my doctor... I really could use some encouragement that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I just want to put this all behind us. :nope:

Hi Trying after MC,

I know how you feel, but throughout all of this we have to stay strong and believe that everything will be OK. I lost my baby just over 8 months ago, and to be honest this has been such a nightmare, I really don't know how I have got through it, I am nearly there, but its so hard because I just want to move on with life, because, at the moment I am just waiting.

This forum is great though, because so many women either have their rainbow babies or are expecting. This gives me faith that it will happen for me an all of us.

:hugs:
Lotte
xx

TryingAfterMC,

You're not alone. I still have not gotten my HCG levels back down to zero yet. I went for what I thought was a routine ultrasound, only to find out there was nothing there but tissue. I was so devastated. I have a healthy 10 month old daughter and everytime I would look at her all I could do was cry knowing what I had lost. Then it turned to me looking at her and just being so happy and greatful she was here. They started checking my HCG levels and found how high they were and diagnosed me with a molar pregnancy. I had my D and C and it was confirmed to be a complete mole. I still couldn't and haven't stopped crying. Is it supposed to make me feel better that there was never a baby growing, but a mole instead? I could not wait to give my daughter a sibling and I just feel like a failure. I feel guilty because my husband didn't want to try yet, but after a month of convincing him, he was eager and excited to try and then for this pregnancy. Since my levels are not even back down to zero yet, the six months I have been told I have to wait after that seems like a lifetime. I also worry that this will happen and again and somedays don't even want to try for more kids. My emotions are everywhere....I wish everyone the best of luck trying! and only hope my feelings are a normal part of the healing process

I am also waiting for my hcg to fall back to 0. I didn't actually have a mole, but because its been so long, I am being treated at the gestational trophoblastic disease centre in London. Its a nightmare keep waiting. I got my latest result yesterday, and all morning I was a nervous wreck.

I also feel so guilty that I didn't give my husband a baby, and my emotions are all over the place, the other day I swore blind I didn't want to try again and that I couldn't go through this again, then an hour later it was the only thing I wanted!

I am glad you have found the ladies here, and we will all try to offer you all the support you need in the coming months

:hugs:
Lotte xx

How exciting lotte! Your gonna love new york! The buildings are sooooooooooooo tall....hehehe!!

xxx

Hi ladies, how is everyone? Im sorry I havent been on in a while, I have had a busy couple of weeks.

Mrswag amazing news, congratulations, im so happy for you :happydance:

Blakesmom lovely scan pick, hope your feeling ok!

Mummytocorban i cant believe your countdown is weekly now not monthly, im really excited for you :D

Tung sorry AF got you, another month another cycle, you will get those lines soon :)

Lotte good news on your levels hun, not long!

Dan-o congratulations hun

Avgabcon5 Im glad your finally getting a scan hun. It will be nice and big by then lol!

Sorry if I have missed anyone, I have serious babybrain issues :)

Afm I know what you mean dan-o about worrying about everything. Ive been fine and havent really panicked about anything apart from my scans but last thursday i started having really bad pains on the right side of my back and stomach, it was exactly how labour started with DD so as you can imagine i was terrified!! I ended up in hospital over night, they told me the tube connecting my kidney to my bladder was dilated from pressure from the pregnancy and this had caused a kidney infection and it wasnt labour :dohh: i felt like an idiot, but im glad i went in now. I have been in so much pain with it and they have told me they cant do anything for the problem as its 'mechanical' and its down to the pregnancy. All i can do is manage the pain, but Im to scared to take too many paracetamol lol.
I also had my 20wk scan on monday, everything is fine and he/she is perfect. it wouldnt stop wriggling making it harder for the technician to check everything properly so we got to see it even longer, and we had to go outside and wait for 10mins because baby's bladder wasnt full enough to see so we got to see it twice, not that im complaining lol!

Here is a picture :kiss:

IMAG0918.jpg

Rachel - Love your scan its super! Perfect little bubba! Sorry you been poorly though and hopefully your not to uncomfortable. I cant believe my ticker is on weeks now either! Feels amazing though

xxxx

Thanks Laura, Im ok, been signed off from work for another week because the job I do puts too much pressure on my back and would make it worse. Im uncomfy but I am not complaining, I am so grateful to be where I am I would take any pain thrown at me as long as the baby was safe!! only 3 weeks and I reach the stage where the baby is considered viable if anything were to happen, until then, I dont think I am going to relax much lol! xx

Fab scan pic rachieroo! Sorry you've been poorly though, sounds awful! :hugs:

rainbow baby is gonna be fine but i guess it Will ease your mind once baby is viable. Have you thought of names yet honey? Xxx

TryingAfterMC,

You're not alone. I still have not gotten my HCG levels back down to zero yet. I went for what I thought was a routine ultrasound, only to find out there was nothing there but tissue. I was so devastated. I have a healthy 10 month old daughter and everytime I would look at her all I could do was cry knowing what I had lost. Then it turned to me looking at her and just being so happy and greatful she was here. They started checking my HCG levels and found how high they were and diagnosed me with a molar pregnancy. I had my D and C and it was confirmed to be a complete mole. I still couldn't and haven't stopped crying. Is it supposed to make me feel better that there was never a baby growing, but a mole instead? I could not wait to give my daughter a sibling and I just feel like a failure. I feel guilty because my husband didn't want to try yet, but after a month of convincing him, he was eager and excited to try and then for this pregnancy. Since my levels are not even back down to zero yet, the six months I have been told I have to wait after that seems like a lifetime. I also worry that this will happen and again and somedays don't even want to try for more kids. My emotions are everywhere....I wish everyone the best of luck trying! and only hope my feelings are a normal part of the healing process

I have heard so many people saying they only had to wait 6 months some even 3 months... it just makes me feel like my wait is even longer since I had to do the whole 12..... I always thought you only had to wait a year if you had to have treatments... but undoubtedly that's not the case and all doctors are different. My time won't be up til this coming September. Not sure if emotionally I will be ready to try even then but I really hate being on birth control it kills my sex drive almost completely so sometimes I sit and cry wondering what's the point. :cry:

Actually we have thought of a few, and by we I mean they are all DH suggestions :o For a boy we have Jack or Ethan. James as a middle name either way, This is really bad, but we did have another name for a boy and 3 girls names, but I cannot for the life of me remember them :shrug: this babybrain is playing havoc with my memory haha! All i can remember is the middle name will be Rose for a girl, which is DD, mine , my mum and my nans middle name and some cousins too, so its a family tradition lol!

Tryingaftermc... Why is it that you have to wait so long, have you had treatment? and as for contraception couldn't you use condoms for now? at least that way your cycles will return to normal for when your ready to ttc and your sex drive will come back. With me and my hubby, i never went back on the pill for long, only for a month or so to finish my packet after the pmp, but we just used the 'pull out' method, i know its not reliable but, its never failed us (unless we meant it to) lol! xx

Actually we have thought of a few, and by we I mean they are all DH suggestions :o For a boy we have Jack or Ethan. James as a middle name either way, This is really bad, but we did have another name for a boy and 3 girls names, but I cannot for the life of me remember them :shrug: this babybrain is playing havoc with my memory haha! All i can remember is the middle name will be Rose for a girl, which is DD, mine , my mum and my nans middle name and some cousins too, so its a family tradition lol!

Those are lovely names! Your scan looks lovely :thumbup:

I hope the next few weeks go quick for all of us - you to get to viability, and the rest of to start ttc again!

xx

tryingaftermc- do your doctors say why you need to wait a year? I had treatment and i was told i had to wait a year but the chance of it happenening again are so small and with all the research ive done i made the decision to wait 6 months. Also why dont you try condoms? Me and my oh have used condoms and charring cross have been happy with that instead of going back on the pill. Im sorry you feling so upset please come and chat to us and we will support you

Rachie - love rose for a middle name! All our boys will have a middle name john (both me and oh lost our dads to cancer and both are called john) and all girls will have the middle name grace like my mum, nan etc Loving Ethan too :) i get chemobrain still so im with you on being forgetful!! Hehe!

xxx

I remember now, they are Sophia, jenna or carys and the other boys name is owain. I can't believe I forgot lol Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->