Mom rant!!

Jaxvipe

Mom to Avianna
Reaction score
Ugh I'm just so sad about this. I knew my mom wasn't going to be "happy" about me being pregnant with #2 and her initial reaction was better than I thought. She was more in shock rather than mad. But today I talke with Her and she says she is just concerned.

She is a NEAT freak and I am just not like that. She starts laying into me about how I can't even keep my house spotless with 1 child how and I going to manage with 2. I told her that my house doesn't need to be spotless for my family to be happy. She also doesn't think we will be able to afford it. But we will manage just fine. I have never asked my mom for money bc i know she would bring it up all the time.

Im 27 years old I've been married to OH for 4 years now. I just graduated with a degree in accounting. It's not like I haven't done something with my life. She just always has to be so negative about everything.

Sorry for the rant it just makes me so sad that she can't just be happy and that she has to get down on me for having another child. I love my mom with all my heart it just hurts that she acts this way.

There are so many things more important than having a clean house! I would rather spend my time playing with my child, having fun with my husband, and doing activities that make me happy than worrying about having a spotless house. I also think it is healthy for kids to be in houses that are less than spotless, being exposed to germs is necessary for them to develop a healthy immune system. Obviously a really dirty house is not healthy, but having a sink full of dirty dishes and laundry that needs to be done is not unhealthy and does not mean that you should not have another child.

I once saw one of those signs that you put up in your house that says "Sorry about the mess, but we live here". I thought that was awesome.

Exactly! My house isn't dirty it just isn't neat and organized all the time bc I have a 3 year of who gets into everything. I would rather spend time with my family then run around after my daughter making sure everything is in its place.

I just wish she would understand that but I guess I'll just have to live with the fact that she never will :(

My mother sounds very similar. Her obsession with tidiness stops her really having any relationship with my kids already and it was a struggle growing up with her. She just says she's not a child type of person. She's also deeply disappointed that I gave up work (which I hated) to stay at home with the kids. I was dreading telling her about number 3, and she was okay but I feel like it was a bit of a nail in the coffin for our relationship. It's disappointing, I'd love to have the type of mum who I had a close relationship with but I have to just accept that's just not who she is. She has many other qualities, but we will never be close 'friends' in that sense, there is just too much of a gulf between our personalities and priorities! I feel for you, it's a bit miserable, especially when you have your own kids. It's a shame there isn't a foster a mum network out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->