Moms of BOYS !

cnsweeney

Reaction score
Dh & I plan to try for a boy (fingers crossed but happy either way!) .. I've read things about diet could sway one way or the other . I know with my girls I had pretty poor diets . With my oldest I was young and ate rarely and drink a lot of alcohol . With my second I was on a diet a I didn't eat as many calories as I do usually . I read that with boys you can sway by having a higher calorie , higher nutrient diet . Also an alkaline ph. I used to eat a lot of acidic foods . They also say to eat bananas (potassium) & cereal (a lot of nutrients) . A study was done where 56% of boy moms ate cereal often before getting pregnant . The other 44% did not . Maybe coincidence maybe not . But I found it interesting to read that more boys are born in summer than average because it's natures way of taking care of them as they are more sensitive than girls . Which is also the theory for the diet .. girls are born more often in times of stress , low economy , & in poor regions with limited food . It's natures selection. Boys are harder to survive in troubling conditions .
Just getting some opinions . If you think it's crazy , that's fine . I know not everyone shares these theories .. I'm just patiently waiting for af to start our first cycle of ttc so I have nothing better to do . So please only answer with helpful insight :) TIA ladies !

Not really sure about this to be honest. At our 20 week scan we found it we were having a boy and the midwife told us that it's the males sperm that determines the sex... Apparently... The whole process is a miracle xx

We gender swayed for a boy this time and got one. We swayed with timing of BD and positions. We didn't factor my diet into it but coincidently, it was a lot like you described. And I was eating a lot of Cheerios with milk during that time so maybe it helps? He's due in the middle of winter though, no summer baby for us. It's too hot in Florida. :winkwink:

I haven't changed the way I eat but have 2 boys and this 3rd will be a girl. Also timing of the year pretty similar for all 3, the boys are both end of Jan and this girl will be Feb so not sure how much that really plays a part in what gender you have.

I've read things about what you eat swaying things but I think the most logical thing that sticks out for me was timing of sex.

As in the idea that female sperm survives longer than boy sperm once ejaculated and that they are slower so if you want a boy timing sex closer to ovulation should do the trick because male sperm is faster but doesn't survive as long. In my case with the boys, OH and I had sex within a day of ovulation and this time there was about 2/3 days. I wasn't gender swaying, just happened to be tracking :)

I don't really think that your diet would make much difference. Maybe try to have you dh change his diet since his sperm determine the sex. I also read about timing closer to ovulation for a boy.

I have a boy, and I'm preggo with a girl. I wouldn't say I've done anything different with my diet either way. But I would definitely look into the Shettles Method of trying to help improve your chances of having one gender or the other. I really wanted a girl, so I did everything suggested in the Shettles Method, and I'm having a girl!

Thank you everyone for your input ! :) congrats to those expecting !

I dont think a diet matters much. I had boy/girl twins. Obviously the same diet, same exact time and two different sexes. If diet was a big factor i dont think we would see so many boy girl twins. I think that people have had more success with timing and how many days before ovulation they bd.

I had a boy when I was 20, also kind of ate like crap, drank a lot of alcohol before getting pregnant. I was in uni and not ttc. Second time was planned. So I wasn't drinking much (just wine occassionally) and ate healthier, we had a girl. This time again, not planned but still not drinking much as I have 2 kids haha. The only thing I can say for certain was we conceived on ovulation day this time - which apparently gives you a greater chance of a boy. With our DD we were trying for months to conceive her so I'm not sure exactly when it happened. Good luck!

Currently pregnant with boy# 3 and all three diets were different. This pregnancy, we tried swaying for a girl and 4 days prior to OV, we cut BD off.
Guess it didn't help.
In a way, they probably will have all February birthdays (definitely not intended). :haha:

Coffee, get your oh to drink coffee it gives the boy sperm a kick start xxxx

Currently pregnant with boy# 3 and all three diets were different. This pregnancy, we tried swaying for a girl and 4 days prior to OV, we cut BD off.
Guess it didn't help.
In a way, they probably will have all February birthdays (definitely not intended). :haha:
Aw I'm sorry you didn't get your girl :( but I'm sure your 3rd little guy will be such a loving addition to your family and your other 2 little guys will just eat him up ! :)

I've heard that !

I'm a mum to 4 little guys and one girl on the way, dh has always been a coffee monster, but his coffee machine broke in jan xxx Also when we got our boys we were actively ttc, every other day for 3 weeks of the month, with dd she was conceived 8 days before ov:shrug:

I've heard that !

I'm a mum to 4 little guys and one girl on the way, dh has always been a coffee monster, but his coffee machine broke in jan xxx Also when we got our boys we were actively ttc, every other day for 3 weeks of the month, with dd she was conceived 8 days before ov:shrug:

Oh wow ! She hung out for a while ! Lol . So happy you got your little girl :)

I've heard that !

Oh wow ! She hung out for a while ! Lol . So happy you got your little girl :)

I know!! weird huh, must have ov'd early and had a "lucky lasting one" lol thank you, i wan't trying for her, was happy with my guys xxx but was desperate for her to be a girl when she was on her way xxx

How interesting, I hadn't actually thought about diet affecting gender before and so interesting about boys being born in summer. My boys are April and May babies and I was on slimming world diet when I conceived both. Who knows! Good luck with ttc xx

We're having a boy, but according to the shettles theory and the diet you listed above, we should be having a girl! He is also due in January :)

I don't think you can really truly gender sway, it's pot luck most of the time (IMHO anyway).

I do believe in gender swaying and have spent a lot of time reading about how to sway on another forum gender dreaming.

Looking at how to sway for a boy I can see that my lifestyle was very boy friendly. I changed some things in order to sway for a girl and it seemed to work although it's not 100% but I think if I did nothing different I would have been more likely to end up with another boy.

Gender swaying can definitely change your odds of having one sex or another - there is scientific facts behind it, such as boy sperm not living as long (hence the significance of timing) and preferring an alkaline environment (which leads to the diet methods).

I personally didn't gender sway and have 2 boys born Nov and Jan, but I now apparently have a girl on the way early Feb. There's always going to be exceptions (otherwise it would be called gender selection!) but there's no harm in giving it a go! Best of luck to you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->