moms with new babies or LO's born within last couple years

With my babies, the typical scans were a viability scan at about 7-8 weeks, an anomaly scan at about 20 weeks and often a last scan at 36-37 weeks to check baby before birth. I had extra scans with my son for complications (falling down the stairs and pre-term labor) and with my daughter due to changing doctors and being "high-risk", but if all is well you likely won't need any more.

I've had my babies in two different places in the US and they don't take baby away unless something is wrong. My babies were both premature so they had to take vitals first, still in the delivery room where I could see them, then the baby got skin to skin with me. Unfortunately, my daughter was in the NICU all but 3 hours of my time at the hospital and my son had to be taken out of the room for testing a few times in the two days after birth, but this was due to complications and is not the norm. Hopefully, you will have a better experience this go around!

Excuse my naivity but when I watch programme like FRIENDS- in the episode when Rachel has her baby (which was what- 12 years ago now. Goodness) its shows a room where a load of babies are kept? Has that ever/does that ever happen in real life? I know it doesn't here in the UK but of course this is the USA i'm talking about.

I hope people know what I mean!

When you walk onto the l&d ward in my hospital there is a huge window with a bunch of bassinet type beds with lights on them and alot of times there are new born babies in the beds with nurses caring for them. So you can see other peoples newborns through this window. I dont know if I would say " a bunch" of babies in the room. Ive nver seen more than two through that window at one time. T.v. tends to exaggerate.

With my babies, the typical scans were a viability scan at about 7-8 weeks, an anomaly scan at about 20 weeks and often a last scan at 36-37 weeks to check baby before birth. I had extra scans with my son for complications (falling down the stairs and pre-term labor) and with my daughter due to changing doctors and being "high-risk", but if all is well you likely won't need any more.

I've had my babies in two different places in the US and they don't take baby away unless something is wrong. My babies were both premature so they had to take vitals first, still in the delivery room where I could see them, then the baby got skin to skin with me. Unfortunately, my daughter was in the NICU all but 3 hours of my time at the hospital and my son had to be taken out of the room for testing a few times in the two days after birth, but this was due to complications and is not the norm. Hopefully, you will have a better experience this go around!

I fell down the stairs a couple weeks ago and they still didnt do a scan! I feel like the doctors in this town have no clue what they are doing. I live in a very small town now and there is only one ob office here which is in the hospital. So I cant change doctors (there arent anymore) I feel stuck. Everyone in this town says the doctors here are horrible. And the nearest town is 3 hours away. Im so nervous. I have a pop appt 12/8 so hopefully I can get some questions answered.

I Am in the UK but here they don't whisk baby away, they put baby on your chest right away, unless of course there is a serious problem.

Also here the 20 week scan is the last scan, unless there is a medical reason for anymore.

This s what the girls here are saying. That they get skin to skin time for an hour or so. I hope this is the case in my hospiital.
I LOVE your new pic btw! You look so beautiful!

Excuse my naivity but when I watch programme like FRIENDS- in the episode when Rachel has her baby (which was what- 12 years ago now. Goodness) its shows a room where a load of babies are kept? Has that ever/does that ever happen in real life? I know it doesn't here in the UK but of course this is the USA i'm talking about.

I hope people know what I mean!

You are referring to a nursery. It varies by state and hospital. The rooms are still there for testing of babies and if mom needs a break for some reason (medical, physical, emotional, etc). Otherwise the baby is kept in the same room with mother, and in some cases father can stay in the same room too. That is how it was last time for me and will be again this time.

I love the birthing rooms at my hospital there is a pull out bed couch for dh. And the room is absolutely huge! The bathrooms are huge too. It is as big as a hotel room if not bigger. I know we will be super cozy. And im so happy that dh can be there with me and baby the whole time.

I Am in the UK but here they don't whisk baby away, they put baby on your chest right away, unless of course there is a serious problem.

Also here the 20 week scan is the last scan, unless there is a medical reason for anymore.

This s what the girls here are saying. That they get skin to skin time for an hour or so. I hope this is the case in my hospiital.
I LOVE your new pic btw! You look so beautiful!

Oh thank you jz :hugs: I didn't get skin to skin for an hour as my daughter had difficulty breathing, so it was literally on and off for me and they whisked her off. I'm hoping it's not the same situation this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->