monsters!

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
so 2 weeks ago i went to my MIL and SIL was there with her 4 year old daughter, Annabelle and E (niece) were messing about under the stairs and my sis in law who was directing her comment to her own daughter said " quick the monsters will get ya" well Annabelle really appeared frightened! she ran to me and kept saying monsters get ya!
im not sure if complete coincidence or not but every night since then she has been hysterical going to bed, like petrified of going to bed! she is very clever and i have used the supernanny techinque of putting her back to bed reassuring her then just straight back in but she will not stay in her room so i have taken to holding the door handle! i know some of u may think this is wrong but she will run riot and her room is right at the top of the stairs so it is safer to do this!
anyway tonight OH was taking her to bed, the first time since weekend and she was saying no bed no bed, so i asked her why to which she replied monsters bite me bum!
i have sat her down very lighthearted and explains that monsters arent really they only pretend but this is hard with a 2 year old, i have put a lamp in her room, i didnt say it was anything to do with monsters but said it was so she could make sure out cat didnt sneak into her room, she seemed really impressed but is currently screaming like someone is murdering her up there!
im completely at a loss as to what to do, i dont know if its pure coincidence that the monster thing happened as she hasnt mentioned it before tonight!
we have also started this past 2 weeks more so this week with terrible 2 tantrums so any suggestions welcome

Lou
xxx

my hubby did the same thing with a skylight, saying there were monsters, scott didnt like it at all. We put on monsters inc the dvd and made monsters from play doh and pasta (wouldnt even look at them) but it worked and now loves them!

My 3 year old started acting scared of the dark/monsters around 2 1/2, what we did was start leaving the hall light on while he was going to sleep. This seemed to work for him. I have heard of making a "monster spray" to spritz around the room while telling LO that it will keep the monsters away. Basically you just put water in a spray bottle and if you want you can put a lavender scent in with it to help with falling asleep. Also, if you go around the room with LO checking all the places a monster could hide might help. I would very dramatically fling open the closet or flop down on the floor to look under the bed and say "nope, no monster in here!" Tiarnan seemed to really like this and would look in all the places with me. All of this will just reassure LO that there are no monsters in her room and that you won't let any monsters in to get her. This is a phase that all kids go through and I am sure it will pass quickly for you. IMO, the worst thing you can do dismiss her fears so please try not to do that. Good luck!

Something ive seen on Super Nanny aswell is to play a game with banishing the monsters. Use props like a fairy wand and glitter for magic dust etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->