Month Before First IUI

alwaysannie

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been away for a while...I always find a need a break from the boards every so often. Been TTC my first for 2.5 years. Had adverse reaction to Clomid over the summer (visual disturbances that apparently signal the medication could give me a stroke...who knew!?) Anyway...next cycle will be our first IUI, probably with injectables. Going to the RE tomorrow for details.

I'm CD 29 today...no clue how many DPO...my chart is all messed up. I had tons of EWCM from about CD 17 - CD 22 (ish) but my temps are sort of weird...no symptoms at all to speak of...I'm pretty much just looking forward to CD 1 to get the ball rolling with IUI :)

Anyway...just looking for some words of encouragement an advice as I prepare for this next big step! Thanks!

Hi all,

Been away for a while...I always find a need a break from the boards every so often. Been TTC my first for 2.5 years. Had adverse reaction to Clomid over the summer (visual disturbances that apparently signal the medication could give me a stroke...who knew!?) Anyway...next cycle will be our first IUI, probably with injectables. Going to the RE tomorrow for details.

I'm CD 29 today...no clue how many DPO...my chart is all messed up. I had tons of EWCM from about CD 17 - CD 22 (ish) but my temps are sort of weird...no symptoms at all to speak of...I'm pretty much just looking forward to CD 1 to get the ball rolling with IUI :)

Anyway...just looking for some words of encouragement an advice as I prepare for this next big step! Thanks!

Hi Alwaysannie -I too have been TTC for almost 3 years. I am sorry to hear about the Clomid episode. Glad you found out before anything major happened to you. I completed my first round of medicated IUI last month. I did Follistim injections + low dose hcg + trigger shot (Ovidrel) + monitoring + 2 IUIs back to back + progesterone vaginal suppositories. Now just to let you know, I am terrified of needles so it was a huge step for me to give myself injections nightly. It was more mind over matter. We are currently 6+3wks pregnant.
I recommend monitoring if your insurance covers it or if you can afford it.
Good Luck and FX! :dust:

Thank you so much for responding and congratulations to you!

Just met with the RE this week and the plan he suggested sounds almost identical to the one you described so I hope we have success. Of course we are very cautiously excited about this.

I'm not too bad with needles as a rule, though the thought of giving them to myself is a bit overwhelming.

Anyway...was there anything specific about the weeks leading up to the IUI and the weeks following that you think would be helpful knowledge to someone about to embark on the same journey? If yes - I'm all ears! Thanks again!

You're welcome! Thank you!!

We felt the same way @ cautiously excited about the journey of IUI. You can have someone else give you the shot, but my DH said nope cant do it. My GF said she would give it to me but the injections had to be given b/w 6-8pm. I thought that would be too much to ask of her since she works fulltime, has a 8yr son and married. My sister offered but she no expert. So after process of elimination I went with myself. LOL

There was nothing really specific leading up to the IUIs.
Of course I gave myself injections nightly, then 2days before trigger shot (Ovidrel) I had to inject lose dose hcg for 2 days, then once I did the Ovidrel on a Thursday then Friday (Halloween) we went in DH gave sample, we left grabbed breakfast went back w/in hour. We went in room, they had me check the sample to make sure it had my name on it and then they inserted and injected sperm. I laid there for 20 minutes. Then Saturday same process. Then Sunday I started the progesterone suppositories and still on them until 1st Trimester ends.

We are very excited and nervous, but feel blessed to be pregnant. It will happen for you too!

I hope the information helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good Luck! Sending you baby dust!! :dust:

Hi! I also took a break from the board but I'm glad to see you back and moving along with a plan!
After several attempts with meds +TI we also decided it's time to move on to IUI. Ideally it's not what I want but I'm willing to try it.
I hope its successful for you! I'm looking forward to hearing about your results. :)

I've been trying for 2.5 years on cd 17 now. But will be doing iui next cycle. Excited/nervous just like you! I will be doing femera days 3-7. Hcg trigger shot. And progesterone suppositories after ovulation. Only one shot at home. But very nervous about it. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->