Montrealers anyone?

omg finally people from around my area. I just moved from valleyfield to huntingdon. originally from nord du quebec but lived most of my life on the west island. Mommy to a 2months old

omg finally people from around my area. I just moved from valleyfield to huntingdon. originally from nord du quebec but lived most of my life on the west island. Mommy to a 2months old

I live super close to Huntingdon! That's awesome!

Im Mary :) nice to meet you. can i ask how your finding being a new mom. I love it but ill tell you its something.. I actually live on the outskirts in godmanchester, but to me its all the same thing lol. what is her feeding and sleeping schedule like.

Im Mary :) nice to meet you. can i ask how your finding being a new mom. I love it but ill tell you its something.. I actually live on the outskirts in godmanchester, but to me its all the same thing lol. what is her feeding and sleeping schedule like.

I'm Tarah. its definitely something. I love it also but the sleep deprivation and the fact that I'm not with the FOB makes it difficult at times. I'm breastfeeding so I just feed on demand, but it seems to be every 2 hours or so, sometimes 3 or 4 in the afternoon cuz she sleeps longer.

at night her schedule is allll over the place. usually she's down by 9, wakes at 12, 3, 6, 8. but then she'll turn around and be up from 10pm-12pm and wake at 1, 5, 9.

Last night she went down at 11 after I fed her at 10 and she slept until 5! Woot woot.

I live in franklin! With my parents at the moment. Whats your LO's patterns like?

Do you guys ever go out to south shore area??? I'm in Saint Jean sur Richelieu

Well I tried to breastfeed but she had a hard time staying latched and my SO was nagging me about her crying so much. So being super discouraged I switched to formula.I agree that the sleep deprivation is probably the worst part. She is eating 4oz every 3 hours but usually she will have her last one around 9 pm and sleep from 10pm until around 4am so that has been great. but she has already slept a whole night.. Man did i feel good in the morning. She had eating at 6pm but took us a while to get her to sleep and she went down at 9pm and didnt wake up till 6 am that was amazing. lol isnt it so nice once they start to sleep more the night.. just that she doesnt sleep very much during the day. just a little bit here and thereé making it hard to get things done. I love the weekends as its like my little break and her daddy does most of the work. I cant believe how fast its gone so far.

aliss- i dont usually go out there. not even totally sure where it is. But more then happy to talk online if your looking for a buddy :)

Haha :) Well I'm about 15 minutes south of Brossard/Champlain bridge

Ah, no I dont get out there often, unfortunatly SO hates the city so only really there on a need to be bases. how do you find having a baby with a toddler.. is it hard, SO wont stop joking around that its time to make another one, I laugh and tell him hell stay home with them if thats the case. not sure I want another one before she starts school. I dunno seems like alot of work tow little ones at home at the same time.. just from seeing some of my friends doing it, I think I would rather wait a while. lol atleast a few year minimum you know.

I think it would be unbearable if I had 2 under 2, tbh! My oldest was 2.5 when his brother arrived and that made it much easier. I found that making sure he was old enough to climb himself into a toddler bed or grab snacks from a closet made life better.

Do you guys ever go out to south shore area??? I'm in Saint Jean sur Richelieu
I dont, but I know its not too far from chateauguay right?? I hear there's a movie theatre near brossard that plays english movies! My friends talk about it all the time

Well I tried to breastfeed but she had a hard time staying latched and my SO was nagging me about her crying so much. So being super discouraged I switched to formula.I agree that the sleep deprivation is probably the worst part. She is eating 4oz every 3 hours but usually she will have her last one around 9 pm and sleep from 10pm until around 4am so that has been great. but she has already slept a whole night.. Man did i feel good in the morning. She had eating at 6pm but took us a while to get her to sleep and she went down at 9pm and didnt wake up till 6 am that was amazing. lol isnt it so nice once they start to sleep more the night.. just that she doesnt sleep very much during the day. just a little bit here and thereé making it hard to get things done. I love the weekends as its like my little break and her daddy does most of the work. I cant believe how fast its gone so far.

Thats too bad :( I'm thankful in that sense that I'm alone! FOB can't complain or nag about my choices! I can imagine that it's not easy to hear LO crying though. We do the best we can, right!
Man that must feel nice! I feel great on the days she sleeps long.
must be hard to get stuff done! Leyla stays up only a few hours a day and even I find it hard to get stuff done.

Chateauguay is about 20 min from here and only a few minutes from the theatre. Yes, it's Dix30 right on highway 30/highway 10, plays the original movies (some dubbed ones, but English always available). Are you guys anglophone? I am... nobody speaks English here in Saint Jean though, it's entirely French.

Yes it is super nice to sleep in.. Cant wait till shes on a regular schedule and does her nights ever night lol. I know what you mean sometimes hes a pain in the ass and i think it would just be easier by myself, but he is still a help and he loves his little girl.

Yea I am anglophone, Well in a sense, my mom was an inuit and my dad is french quecbecer but we spoke english at home as my mom didnt speak french but i am billingual. my SO is french so dont speak english very often anymore, just when im with old friends. huntingdon is pretty english though, only a small percent of people speak french here.

Chateauguay is about 20 min from here and only a few minutes from the theatre. Yes, it's Dix30 right on highway 30/highway 10, plays the original movies (some dubbed ones, but English always available). Are you guys anglophone? I am... nobody speaks English here in Saint Jean though, it's entirely French.
That's still pretty close! Chateauguay is only 45 minutes from where I am anyway approximately.

I'm anglophone but my dad is mostly french. We all speak english in the house though. Is it hard living in a very french area? There's a lot of french here but like Morm said the surrounding towns (huntingdon, ormstown) are very english!

Yes it is super nice to sleep in.. Cant wait till shes on a regular schedule and does her nights ever night lol. I know what you mean sometimes hes a pain in the ass and i think it would just be easier by myself, but he is still a help and he loves his little girl.

Yea I am anglophone, Well in a sense, my mom was an inuit and my dad is french quecbecer but we spoke english at home as my mom didnt speak french but i am billingual. my SO is french so dont speak english very often anymore, just when im with old friends. huntingdon is pretty english though, only a small percent of people speak french here.
I cant wait too for Leyla to sleep through. whats ur daughters name? (I dont know if I asked! baby brain :p)

That's so weird to me as I'm from Vancouver so I didn't know of any English areas out here, tbh I feel quite isolated (I'm at a really rudimentary French level as we don't really learn it in British Columbia). It's very hard living here as an anglophone. People are nice but it is hard to learn when I'm already 28!

Maybe I will take a trip out there lol and just hang around as I'm kind of homesick lol. My OH is French.

Yeah Foxy, Dix30 is really worth the drive. It's a really nice shopping area, even has spas & hotels, upscale restaurants etc... It's worth a night's stay.

lol her name is Melyna. she just turned 2 months yesterday, they just flew by.. I went to see a house in franklin, but it wasnt what we wanted, so now we are in a semi detached in godmanchester. it was a hard move as it was done 2 weeks ago. Still going through Melynas clothes to sort out the sizes as it all got mixed up while i was packing.

I cant imagine having to live in a place where i can barely speak the language. I dont blame you for being home sick.. most of my friends live out in ile perrot so when im not alone with the little one im with my OH and sometimes it can get pretty boring...
I dont know how you do it Foxxy franklin is even more isolated then huntingdon. and im bored here. lol
I wanted to move to ile perrot but my OH works in st stan and st anicet the summer so would have been to much of a comute for him. Anyways we are here until the end of august atleast. much better then the last place we were in.. and we get along with our nieghbor here so thats a plus.. lol not that we see them often.

That's so weird to me as I'm from Vancouver so I didn't know of any English areas out here, tbh I feel quite isolated (I'm at a really rudimentary French level as we don't really learn it in British Columbia). It's very hard living here as an anglophone. People are nice but it is hard to learn when I'm already 28!

Maybe I will take a trip out there lol and just hang around as I'm kind of homesick lol. My OH is French.

Yeah Foxy, Dix30 is really worth the drive. It's a really nice shopping area, even has spas & hotels, upscale restaurants etc... It's worth a night's stay.
I don't really like to speak french despite knowing a little so I know how you feel, and all my friends live in montreal because I met them when I was in college. Its really isolated here but luckily my mom gives me full use of her car as long as there's gas in it, so sometimes I take a drive out to the coffee shop in ormstown just to have some coffee.. and people are always more than willing to coo and aw over Leyla..even if they're all old! lol.

Oh that sounds wonderful.. I do love shopping haha

lol her name is Melyna. she just turned 2 months yesterday, they just flew by.. I went to see a house in franklin, but it wasnt what we wanted, so now we are in a semi detached in godmanchester. it was a hard move as it was done 2 weeks ago. Still going through Melynas clothes to sort out the sizes as it all got mixed up while i was packing.

I cant imagine having to live in a place where i can barely speak the language. I dont blame you for being home sick.. most of my friends live out in ile perrot so when im not alone with the little one im with my OH and sometimes it can get pretty boring...
I dont know how you do it Foxxy franklin is even more isolated then huntingdon. and im bored here. lol
I wanted to move to ile perrot but my OH works in st stan and st anicet the summer so would have been to much of a comute for him. Anyways we are here until the end of august atleast. much better then the last place we were in.. and we get along with our nieghbor here so thats a plus.. lol not that we see them often.
I think you chose well! I dont think I'd want to live in franklin if I could choose, I'd much rather huntingdon area, I think there's more people!!

I know quite a lot of people in west island and some from ile perrot! I wonder if we know any of the same people haha!

lol yea more people for sure.. I want to see if they still have space in there parents and babies group here. Ït would be nice to have something to do even if its only once a week. I think i will try and call tomorrow.. I have our 2month apt tomorrow so Im sure Melyna is going to be a cranky little girl afterwards.. my foster mom(very long story) is coming to get us as OH works and has missed so much already. atleast his boss is good about it. :) I love how cute old people get when around a baby, i like that my little girl just brought a little joy into there lives :)

lol yea more people for sure.. I want to see if they still have space in there parents and babies group here. Ït would be nice to have something to do even if its only once a week. I think i will try and call tomorrow.. I have our 2month apt tomorrow so Im sure Melyna is going to be a cranky little girl afterwards.. my foster mom(very long story) is coming to get us as OH works and has missed so much already. atleast his boss is good about it. :) I love how cute old people get when around a baby, i like that my little girl just brought a little joy into there lives :)

The CLSC worker keeps encouraging me to go to the baby groups as well! I think I'll wait just a little while longer though, until she's not so newborn-y anymore.

do you work? LO seems less cranky on the days that we go out. its very weird. if I stay in all day she might very well scream bloody murder all night. I slipped down to the familiprix in ormstown today and now shes out cold and quiet.

do you have facebook?

No I was sapposed to start a job but when i found out i was pregnant i declined the offer, as i didnt want to have another MC.. SO works on a farm not far from here and usually the golf course in the summer. So money is a little tight, but we manage to make ends meet..
yeah I have facebook you can add me if you want, Mary-Donna Morisset :) What about you are you working. I know what you mean Melyna tends to be more calm the days we go out in the car, When we are home alone together shes usually wind awake and wanting my attention. We had our two month apt today she is a whooping 10lbs already and 58cm, 10 more then at birth. She got she two shots, and barely cried a minute, I was impreased. Everything seems okay, doc was just concerned that she is not turning her head all the way towards the left. So said to stay on her left side when having her look at me. Worst case scenerio is a little bit of psycio to lengthen the muscles in her neck. So we go back in one month to check how that is going. other then that everything looks great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"