Mood Swings?

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hello! Another question I feel like I should know the answer to since this is my second pregnancy :haha: But I feel like I forgot so much of my first pregnancy.

I'm 18 weeks and lately, specifically today, I just feel so moody. Is there some sort of hormonal surge around this time of pregnancy that could be the culprit? I'm sitting here feeling unmotivated and just like I want to burst into tears but there's no real reason for it.

Thanks!

PS - I was going to post a separate post but I don't want to flood the boards... I'm also an "introvert" personality-wise. I do like socializing and I love my friends but I feel drained when around people too much and get my energy from being alone, being in nature, etc. So I think part of my moodiness might be me being really hard on myself for not bringing my son to more play dates, play groups, playgrounds, etc. We have a playground in our own backyard, pool and nice quiet neighborhood we take walks in so we're really active, and he used to have constant daily interaction with kids and babies of all ages at daycare but I recently became a stay at home mom and I am not a very outgoing, go-out-there-and-make-a-ton-of-new-mommy-friends type of gal... so I guess I feel really hard on myself for being tired, pregnant, and introverted, like I'm failing my toddler. His second birthday is coming up and we're just having a small get-together because I have anxiety when we have too many people over at once and so does my son - but I don't want him to take social cues from me! His father is an extrovert and I hope that balances things out. Anyway - Any other moms who are introverts here who are also pregnant and feeling too tired to go out an initiate new friendships, anyway? (New friendships needed for me because I'm the first of my old group of friends to have kids and we just grew apart since then as a natural result of our vastly different lifestyles... sad but true!)

Could use some reassurance!

I am very moody too and I don't think it's all because of pregnancy, I think partially cause unlike a first pregnancy you are taking care of another human and we are so hard on ourselves and often feel like we aren't doing enough.

I'm also an introvert (I don't even like talking on the phone let alone hanging with new people) and it makes me feel so so guilty that I don't take my son to more play dates and things like that, he is often so bored and I'm tired and I feel very frustrated with myself.

Maybe have him do more of the outside stuff with his dad on his free time? Or just do more stuff outside that revolves around just you and him? I wish I had more suggestions but I wanted to reassure you and tell you that you're not alone mama. I'm sure so many other ladies on here feel the same way.

My husband and I were just talking about this. I didn't have mood swings first trimester. This trimester I am an emotional roller coaster. I'm an introvert myself, but lately I've been really lonely in my days off when hubby has to work o_o I just lost a necklace that he got me a couple years ago and have been crying all day! Lol he's just sitting there like...no big deal

I can totally relate as well. I am very moody as well, mostly when I am hungry and I have to wait a while for food, I turn into a total monster! lol

Poor hubby knows this yet last night when I totally flipped out on him because I have been waiting almost 2 hours longer to eat than our normal time, he goes and tells me I need to eat more at work during the day so I can calm the shit down when we eat a bit later. I was like, how dare you! Are YOU growing a baby in there!! are YOU on an emotional rollercoaster!! are YOU taking care of a hungry 3 year old as well!! NO YOU ARE NOT!!

lol, it wasn't funny then but now I laugh at the horrible mood swings I get. But it is worse this trimester. I am an introvert as well so I prefer my own space too and luckily hubby gets this so he is happy if we don't go out to much or socialize too much at this stage. I would also get moody if we are out for too long and I want to go home..

Pregnancy makes me a bit irrational too so you are not alone in this!! :dohh:

Thank you ladies! It's good to know I'm not alone.

I also STARTED throwing up this week (just like with my last pregnancy, my morning sickness started in first tri with all day nausea but only started actually vomiting in second tri). So I've been even more a zombie. My husband thank GOD has been helping more to take care of the baby as I'm crashed out on the couch with a puke bucket and saltines. The disastrous state of the house isn't helping me feel great about myself, either. I live in a sort of Stepford Wives, Pintrest Perfect community of outgoing moms and I see all these pics of them exercising while pregnant, traveling, working, living life as usual and I'm just over here proud that I changed my son's diaper today and kept down that banana I just ate. Frustrating:dohh: I know its important not to compare yourself to others but when I'm home sick and baby's napping and I hop on social media it's hard to not compare myself to all the "perfect" moms I see at play dates, birthday parties, get togethers, hair and make up perfect, gaining only like two pounds in their perfect pregnancies. I may be a tad jealous lol. Anyway glad to know I'm not the only introvert mom here feeling even more down on myself for having even less energy to devote to doing things with my toddler now that I'm pregnant!

Take it easy Skywalker. It is hard when you have an "image to uphold". But listen its okay to be lousy at the pregnancy thing... I know I am and we also live in a similar community. A person cant be perfect 100% of the time in everything you do.

Hope the vomiting ends soon for you and that you have more energy but in the meantime its okay to be on the couch haha! Its hard growing a little human!

Ps: I totally get feeling jealous of all those other people that makes pregnancy and life in general look so easy! I get jealous too! :flower:

I've been really emotional this pregnancy compared to last time but less angry mood swings so far. Not sure which is worse!

Oh.. I'm definitely a lot moodier this pregnancy. I can't tell if it is pregnancy related or if it's just b/c I'm taking care of a 3yo and 1yo lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->