More brown discharge very worried.

MrsJones1986

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I posted a similar thread last week about brown discharge and you all have good advice and suggest I contacted midwife (which I did) she didn't seem unduly worried and said just to monitor it. All seemed ok and disappeared within 24hrs. Ever since then I've just felt different. I don't know how or why, but just like I'm not pregnant anymore. Today the discharge is back, this time worse. Not enough to show in my pants , it's just when I wipe. I had an overwhelming fear of dread and just burst into tears. I rang the midwife again (whilst crying down the phone to her-what an idiot!) only to be told not to worry its normal etc etc. I asked about an early scan to which I was told "if you have the money to pay for one that could be an option!?!" Be honest ladies am I completely being over the top by worrying so much and is it "normal" or should I be concerned. First time mum and a natural worrier! X

Many doctors seem to think brown is ok. This happened to me, I wiped and saw some brown on the toilet paper. I called my dr and she wanted to see me that day. She did an internal check and an ultrasound (they have machines at their office, not great ones, but still). It happened a second time and she still had me come in that same day. She pretty much said that anytime blood comes out to give her a call.

I hate being that person that gives bad news because I see many, many times on here that it is nothing at all and baby is healthy and fine, but I never trust brown blood, especially if I didn't do anything to irritate myself down there. I had it with my mmc and it just got heavier and heavier.

My doctor feels the same way. Spotting can be normal, but anytime I have any they want me to call. I spotted for almost 2 weeks and had an early scan.

No mention of wanting to see me. Definitely did not seem worried in the slightest. I just feel like I'm overreacting and being a nuisance!

I don't know how it works in other countries, but if she won't see you or is unable to scan you at her office, can she refer you to one? Are they expensive out of pocket? Or could you go to emergency and tell them you are bleeding, technically you are? I would think they would scan you.

Have you had any scans at all yet?

Don't feel like your being a nuisance Hun your worried which is natural, I can't really advice as I'm only 5 plus weeks and with my previous pregnancies I didn't get brown blood I did at the beginning of this pregnancy but doc putting it down to IB which took its time to come out, I see and hear everywhere that brown blood is old blood so could just be real old blood coming out, I'm really not sure what to say Hun, I'd just go with my instincts and book a scan for reassurance, wishing you all the best Hun, hopefully everything is fine and the bleeding is nothing xx

Thanks ladies. No I haven't had any scans yet. In the UK these don't tend to happen until 12 weeks so not got a date for my appointment yet. I know of a couple private places where you can pay for an early scan, they're around £60. The money isn't an issue but I'm not sure whether to go for one or not. It seems brown discharge is relatively normal from what I've read online and the midwife didn't seem at all phased by it. I guess I'm just in need of a big hug and some reassurance!

I've had this today, I'm 6+1 and phoned the mw in tears and panic but she said IB can happen up to about 8 weeks as it takes a while to come out. She said if it lasts less than a day, is brown with no bright red, no blood clots, no pain then nothing to worry about but if any of those things happen they want me in to check me over. I'm sure you'll be fine hun.hugs.

i got told any blood when pregnant is not normal and to call a and e i went to a and e and got a scan the next day at epu early pregnancy unit i am in the uk x

If money is not an issue then pay for a scan... piece of mind is priceless... x

Update, just been to the loo and blood had now turned bright red. No looking good :(

I haven't had this, although I've read it can be fine, and other times leads to something more sinister.

If it were me, I'd pay for the scan, or I'd go to the emergency room.

I hope everything is ok x

I am soooo sorry you are going through this. It REALLY sucks to have the brown spotting and be worried about your little one! I had brown spotting starting in week 5 and it never stopped. I called the midwife and she had me get serial hCG quants, but after a certain point in the first trimester, s scan is more accurate at determining what's going on.

Brown spotting can be completely normal, but it might not be either. I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma, which can cause brown spotting and if it gets torn a little more, then maybe that's the reason for the bright red blood. I know that some women have subchorionic hemorrhage (lots of bright red blood), go to the ER, get scanned and the little bean is okay. For me, my brown spotting turned to bright red, but I think they were unrelated. The brown was from the subchorionic hematoma and the bright red was from a non-viable pregnancy. But I started passing clots and having horrible cramping. Is your bleeding accompanied by cramping and clots? If so, that's not a good sign. Otherwise, there is still hope! Go to the ER. Get a scan. Peace of mind outweighs cost. I really hope that you are able to be seen and get some answers. I am sending out positive vibes into the universe for you and your little one! I am here for you, along with all these other women. You can always talk/cry/vent/laugh with me. Please keep us posted and I hope with all my heart and soul that all turns out well for you and your little one! Big hugs.

You sound like you're in the same position as me FX for us both

Fingers are crossed for you both! I agree, go to urgent care if it is feasible for you.

Quick update. So after fearing the worst is inevitable I stuck a pad on got a hot water bottle and tucked myself up at 8:30pm. I was prepared to be woken by sever cramps and lots of blood. But no, nothing. No blood, no cramps and other than tiredness from the worry, I feel fine. I wiped after going to the loo and still a streak of brown discharge but not as much and definitely no red. What could this mean? Spoke with hubby and we're definitely gona pay for a scan just for peace of mind. But I feel more positive than last night. Don't want to get my hopes up though. There's still a long way to go.

Well that's some better news. Good luck with the scan xx

Quick update. So after fearing the worst is inevitable I stuck a pad on got a hot water bottle and tucked myself up at 8:30pm. I was prepared to be woken by sever cramps and lots of blood. But no, nothing. No blood, no cramps and other than tiredness from the worry, I feel fine. I wiped after going to the loo and still a streak of brown discharge but not as much and definitely no red. What could this mean? Spoke with hubby and we're definitely gona pay for a scan just for peace of mind. But I feel more positive than last night. Don't want to get my hopes up though. There's still a long way to go.

Sorry you're going through this. I had no spotting the entire week that I would have had my period, then had pink spotting and brown discharge everyday for about 2 (maybe even 3) weeks. Do you have any twins in your family? Twin pregnancies are more likely to cause actual bleeding - bright red vs the usual pink/brown. Good luck at your scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->