More brown discharge very worried.

Quick update. So after fearing the worst is inevitable I stuck a pad on got a hot water bottle and tucked myself up at 8:30pm. I was prepared to be woken by sever cramps and lots of blood. But no, nothing. No blood, no cramps and other than tiredness from the worry, I feel fine. I wiped after going to the loo and still a streak of brown discharge but not as much and definitely no red. What could this mean? Spoke with hubby and we're definitely gona pay for a scan just for peace of mind. But I feel more positive than last night. Don't want to get my hopes up though. There's still a long way to go.

Sorry you're going through this. I had no spotting the entire week that I would have had my period, then had pink spotting and brown discharge everyday for about 2 (maybe even 3) weeks. Do you have any twins in your family? Twin pregnancies are more likely to cause actual bleeding - bright red vs the usual pink/brown. Good luck at your scan!

I had heavy brown discharge for a week and all was fine you should definitely get a scan through the nhs so don't bother paying for private. Ring your midwife again and tell her you're really concerned and also tell her about loss of symptoms, if she doesn't offer a scan ask for one.
Some early pregnancy units or self referrals but some you have to be referred by midwife or doctor. I went to the doctors once I had it for a few days and got a scan for the day after so you could try the doctors too? Wishing you the best x

I agree go to the doctors and they will refer you to the epu. With the blood being bright red they will refer you. Hope everything works out for you

Mine got more red yesterday night and I was really sure I was losing it but today it has stopped. My mw at the epu, (I phoned direct) told me that if it lasts less than a day not to worry but I'd check yours says the same. They told me they would scan me I'd I had it for more than a day but Fx it's stopped, Fx yours is stopping to but remember lying down will reduce what comes out because of gravity so keep an eye on it

Well it's now 11am and definitely no more red blood. Brown discharge is still here, although it's now more very dark brown / black and it's thick like a mucus more than just a tinge. I still have no cramps but I do feel a bit sickly and have a bit of backache. Got a scan booked for 12:30 tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's not bad news but I'm fearing the worst x

Hi ladies just another update for those that are interested. Spent the past hour or so sat at the doctors. Bleeding has become heavier and now very definitely red. Period like pains are making me think the worst is about to happen. Doctor examined me and tried to book scan at EPU. unfortunate no appointments until Friday am so I'm gona have to wait it out. Needless to say I've cancelled my private scan for tomorrow. I would not wish this upon my worst enemy. Emotional roller coaster :(

So sorry to hear this xx

You're in my thoughts & prayers xx

Oh no, I'm very sorry to hear this :hugs: I have been in your shoes and understand the heartache...went to my appointment and was told baby had gone to sleep almost 2 weeks prior. Then waiting and wondering for days what it would do. I think he knew I was scared of a D&C because the night before my procedure, he passed all on his own.

So Sorry MrsJones. I am going through a similar emotional roller coaster now. It sucks!!!!!

So many big hugs and loving thoughts being sent your way, and your little bean's way… I have been in almost exactly your same shoes and it is AWFUL! No one ever tells you how difficult the first trimester can be until you have a rough go weeks along. You are absolutely correct in that it is a situation and experience that you would NEVER wish upon anyone, not even your worst enemy. I am here for you if you want to talk. :hugs:

I wish you all the best for Friday.

For future reference for people in the UK I have been fobbed off time and time again during pregnancies that ultimately ended negatively. There are NICE guidelines for bleeding on early pregnancy and I always contact EPUs directly now. My experience is midwifes don't want to know.

Here is the website https://www.earlypregnancy.org.uk/FindUsMap.asp

If your nearest one won't take you ring the next nearest one. Ive had a hospital 30 miles away tell me if no one closer would see me I should go there. I've also rang one and asked to speak to one of their doctors (they DO have) and explained over the phone and asked them to 'refer' me in when there's no self referral.

Please don't take no for an answer if you're worried.

Mine said 6 weeks is early and some bleeding is normal, I was bleeding yesterday then it stopped for most of today but started again early evening. It's quite light, some brown but some red, this evening I have a bit if a general tummy ache. I'm so worried. They have said to call back tomorrow if I'm still bleeding, and I think they will see me same day. Could this be ok or is it bad news for sure?

My heart goes out to you, sending hugs your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->