More money down the drain! why do I test before AF due!

stardust22

3rd Tri after 4 mc's
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

just wanted to have a moan (about myself) and vent my frustration and my upset really.

I am on day 30 of a 30 day cycle and believe I ovulated around 17/18 (did OPK) its only my second cycle since my mmc in January and I have done 4 FRET this week and the last one being today as I was sure if I was pregnant it would show today.

BFN!!!!!!! every time and now I have wasted more money and made myself upset. I just cant help myself. Please can someone tell me they do exactly the same and its not just me that is obsessed here!

When I got my BFP in November I was 12 dpo and it came straight up, so I am going by this.

Sorry to moan, I just was hoping and praying I would get lucky but Its not looking good is it.
xx

you are not alone, every month since my MMC in Nov i have been testing like crazy, from really early on and even in the afternoons when I should know there is little chance.

I would say either bulk buy some cheapy early testers on ebay or don't buy any at all until you are late. I did the ebay option as I have no self control but at least I'm not wasting so much money each time i guess.

I know how hard it is when it is neg each month :hugs:

im the same. EVERY month i buy those STUPID 4 day early tests that cost about £14! only for it to be NEGATIVE and for me to come on my period a few days later. why do we do it? why cant we just wait till were due??? its because we convince ourselves we are every month...
i dont think thats a bad thing! if u give up hope and just be miserable...id rather have my hopes up every month and be happy for a little while, while i convince myself i AM pregnant. that make any sense???
its been 14 months since my MMC's... i had 2 within a few months apart. since then ive been trying but nothing.
Thats a few hundred quid on ovualtion tests and pregnancy tests down the drain...

https://ovulation-calculator.com/ticker/tickergen.php/450/Banner5/light/TickerBadge7/02-28-2010/0/28/3-14-2010/null/tickerImage.png

definatly invest in internet cheapies, you don't feel as guilty and silly by far :)
and i think it's worth the €4 a month to be able to pee on things during the 2ww

Its just human nature. I have very very little patience and when the time comes i'll probably be doing exactly the same as you. I bought cheaper ones from a website and cost a lot less.
Dont stress, you're normal! x

cheers ladies, I Will get myself some cheapo ones BUT still try and resist the urge until the day of AF or one day after. testing at 8dpo is just silly and I wont do it next month LOL!

Feel a bit down today, at work in the maternity unit and all the mummies have their mothers day cards and new babies and I just wish I still had my baby. Its not fair.

Sorry, I know you are all in the same boat and I wish you all lots and lots of baby dust
and sharmaine1234 (get loving LOL) today is the day for you :)
x

my goodness it must be hard to work there!
i work in day care and at times it is hard to see the pregnant mom's, the babies
or hear about yet another collegue falling pregnant, pfff

TINYBUTTERFLY: same here, i manage a baby and nursery shop! the amount of pregnant moms who get chatting to you and end up bringing there babies in to show off when theyve had em is horrible. but as long as theyre spending money i cant grumble!

STARDUST: ive been taking ovualtion tests and theyre all negative! whats goin on?!?!?!

STARDUST: ive been taking ovualtion tests and theyre all negative! whats goin on?!?!?!

I see from your ticker your ovulating today? but the sticks are not saying you are? maybe you are ovulating late? I am normally on day 17/18. Forgive me if I have read your message wrong and got the wrong end of the stick (long day at work) the brain is not in sync with my typing here
x

Sending you lots of baby dust for this month.

Get on amazon, the price of tests are very cheap and you get loads so it doesn't matter how many times you test.

Good luck.

Sending you lots of baby dust for this month.

Get on amazon, the price of tests are very cheap and you get loads so it doesn't matter how many times you test.

Good luck.

Thank you! I did order 7 digital ovulation ones from ebay for £12.99. I am going to do the sperm meets egg plan next month. Thats what I did last time and got pregnant the first time I tried, sadly ended in a mmc but now I am really ready to try again. We didnt try too hard 2 weeks ago and not surprised AF will come soon. I am 2/3 days late but negative test today.
xx

I would've been testing on 18th which would've been before my af was due based on 2 cycles since mc but my cycles seem to have swung back the other way and got it at 26/27 days so saved some cash.

But anyway - you can get 25 ultra early clear blue test strips for £4.50 on amazon which test at 10miu so at least you can save some pennies and they are extra sensitive :)

hx

Cheers HB1 I will DEFO be getting some of them from Amazon.! I think you are right, the mmc is obviously changing my cycle now too, Another thing to think about GRRRR.

Hope we both get out BFP's soon!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"