More time off work =[

Cashewnut

Mum to Abigail
Reaction score
As much as Im not fond of working at the moment, I now have to take more time off work. Ive been having awful headaches, dizziness and sickness, I finally got a doctors appointment today, and have to go to the hospital tomorrow for blood tests, again =[

I feel like a bit of a let down, I said id be in work this week, and now I wont be until next thursday at the soonest. Plus in my head im thinking of all the money im missing.

So if anyone else is having headaches etc, please go to the doctors!

Aw sorry you're not feeling good. I got signed off today too with bad back, and work aren't too thrilled, but all I keep reminding myself is it's more important for me to be fit and healthy for when baby arrives than to keep work happy. Hope you feel better soon x

Sorry your not feeling better hun... hope your back in tip top shape soon!!!! Just try not to worry too much about the time off... I know it's hard, I felt guilty calling in sick for 2 days cause I came down with a horrible cold... I've almost used up all my sick time this year! eek... but you need to take care of yourself, it's priority #1 right now.

:hugs:

If your illness is pregnancy related your company has to pay you.

As much as Im not fond of working at the moment, I now have to take more time off work. Ive been having awful headaches, dizziness and sickness, I finally got a doctors appointment today, and have to go to the hospital tomorrow for blood tests, again =[

I feel like a bit of a let down, I said id be in work this week, and now I wont be until next thursday at the soonest. Plus in my head im thinking of all the money im missing.

So if anyone else is having headaches etc, please go to the doctors!

I am exactly the same. I have lost count of the amount of days off i have had over the past couple of months. First it was due to being sick or feeling really sick (to the point where i dare not move incase i was sick), & now its constant tiredness an constant tension headaches (and when i havent got them i have got regular headaches!). Drinking plenty does help a tad sometimes. But if i get any more tension headaches i am going to the doctor because they are unbearable. None of my bosses or co workers have kids an none of them have any maternal instincts so they dont understand what i'm going through. They seem very tolerant an understanding as to why im so ill all the time, but i cant help but feel like a let down an a pain in the arse you know??

I hope the doctors can help you out hun =] get the feeling i will be making a trip to mine.. in a years time when they can eventually fit me in! lol:thumbup:

Took me forever to get the appointment, I had to call up crying on the phone and hope for a sympathetic receptionist!

I know work have to pay me, but Im fed up of being on the sick, and losing out on all my over time hours, which is almost twice my contracted shifts. =/ work arent overly thrilled, because of the amount of time i was putting in, i was actually helping to hold things together=/

Off for all my tests in the morning, I was trying to sleep, but downstairs are having a party, and I have a raging headache :(

I hope you feel better soon!! :hugs:

I'm the same, i seem to be off at least one day a week with this horrible persistent sickness :(

I hope you get sorted xxxxx

don't worry about time off work hun just worry about looking after you & bubs :D i've been off like a month now because my pulse & BP is too high :haha: man it's gonna suck when i go back next week :haha: hope you're feeling better soon xx

I'm the same way! Having horrible headaches that are making me dizzy and not able to do anything. I've missed 2 days this week and although I really don't feel up to going to work tomorrow, I feel guilty like I should go and "tough it out". The ladies at my work are so nice about everything, and seem so understanding, but I still have that guilt.

Hey! I know exactly how you feel! I have been signed off for the last two weeks and have another week to go! I like u am worried about the money! They dont have to pay you for being off sick, only for antenatal appointments. If they don't offer sick pay you could apply for SSP?! Im gutted given that we have just bought a new house etc- but mine and babys health is more important! Especially with how ill I have been :( x

Either way i hope you are feeling much much better soon! Xxxx

Ive been signed off since I was about 14 weeks with severe headaches they stopping me sleeping :( I'm just exhausted! X

it's horrible when you are feeling rubbish, i am one of the lucky ones, i have a great employer and the ability to work from home, during the 1st few months i went down to 2 days from home, it was a godsend, now i am struggling with headaches and bad back i fell i will have to request it again so, but trying to hold out for as long as i can.

just a wee word of warning though, as if you are down to ssp while off sick it might affect your smp entitlement, you need to be earning a certain amount to qualify and i have read a few girls not making it as they were off sick and only finding out when they went to withdraw money on payday during maternity.

i get 6 weeks full pay 6 weeks half pay when on sick, so i'd be all right, but so far not had to use any days yet and have been told if i don't use sick days i will get them as additional maternity pay as an incentive, i will of course use them if needed, but for now, i just come in and winge at my boss all morning till he sends me away with my laptop and mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->