Morning After Pill....

lovehearts

Reaction score
Morning,

OK - Done something stupid :(

Last night the OH couldnt control himself and came inside me. Iv been off the BCP for 4 months now and im on CD14 (not sure how long my cycle is as last month i was 10 days late!) We sat down and had a talk after, he knows i want to stop putting all these abnormal hormones in to my body and said what will be will be but we booked our holiday at the weekend and we are going in May 2010 which is when we were going to try for a baby!!! As much as i would LOVE to fall pregnant now - he isnt ready yet!!!! We have been sooo good using condoms over the last 3 months - last night was just...well...an accident.

So i decided to take the morning after pill. I obv dont want to, but what would be the chances of falling pregnant now when we have booked out first ever abroad holiday together and prob our last as a couple rather than a family!!

Do you ladies think im silly?

Also anyone that has taken the MAP - How badly did it affect your cycle? where you early or late and did you slip back in to your normal cycle soon after? Sorry for all the questions - i have read info on the net but i just want some personal experiences.

Thank you

:(

xx

I took it once when Morgan was tiny and the condom split. I bled the next day for about 3 days, the cyle did go a bit off track. Its yours and your OH's personal feelings on being pregnant right now that matters. Day 14 in the "normal" 28 day cycle would be very fertile. I know some people who have fallen pregnant even after taking the Morning after pill, so you need to take it as quickly as possible to give it a good chance!

this time last week falling pregnant now wouldnt have been an issue but we have booked the holiday and set a date to TTC next year.

I feel totally foolish! :(

Sweetie, don't feel silly or foolish. It happens. Like you said OH got a bit carried away.
The morning after pill just changes the lining of the womb. Neither of you did it to conceive so it's logical that if it isn't the right time, to try and prevent it.
And if it still happens, then it's meant to be.

Awww don't feel foolish it's so easy to make mistakes and carried away in the 'heat' of the moment ;-) ... I have taken the MAP on 2 or 3 occasions and TBH, the last time had no effect on me that I could see. It used to be a 2 pill thing - one now, one 12 hours later but the last time I took it (right before going backpacking for a year!) it was just one pill and I didn't notice anything, cycle was totally normal etc. You can get it free too from your local NHS walk in centre or GP. It's up to you really, I'm sure you could cancel your holiday / bring it forward if necessary? It sounds like it doesn't feel like quite the right time for you 2 though.....

Thank you for your replies - i have taken the MAP now. I went to my local boots and paid £26.50 :O shocking!!!

Neither my partner or i belive in abortions - its just our personal decision and have always agreed that i would never have one (unless extreme circumstances!) Iv read a lot on the net about women falling pregnant even though they have taken the MAP. If this happens to me then i know it was meant to be.....

we did discuss just going with the flow and bringing the holiday forward and any other options but the one we both agreed on was the MAP.

Thank you xxxx

Hey hun, I don't think it's that bad tbh. I took it once and I don't remember it having too much of an affect on me. And there's a long time between now and May for your body to readjust if it does have any affect x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->