Morning after pill.

Bernie

Reaction score
Well the other night me and OH got really carried away when doing the deed and i had the get the morning after pill yesturday morning. I took it about 13/14 hours after doing the deed. My question is when i took this pill about 5 years ago when we had this problem 1st time round i came on my period after i took it after a few hours later. This time ive not come on my period. Is this normal or is this a sign that the pill may not of worked? I read the leaflet and its not said anything about this.

Usually you come on your period a week after you've taken it (I have every time I've taken it) so I'm sure you're fine, try not to worry x

I had the morning after pill last monday and came on my period 8 days after.

I've had to take it twice before. Once it took 6 days to come on, the 2nd time took nearly 2 weeks (when AF was actually due) so don't worry :)

Phew thank god for that. Sooo dont want to ever hve to go down this road again:dohh:

Does it harm the body taking the morning after pill twice in the same week? x

Ladies, do you really think this is the best website to discuss this topic?

No, I meant a baby and ttc website, not this section in particular. After all, if you have fallen pregnant, the morning after pill is a termination procedure. Now I'm not normally judgmental and I understand that accidents happen and you would want to discuss the medical after effects of your choice; but the post about taking the pill twice in a week upset me. It's probably not my business though so I'm going to give it a rest and leave you to it.

The morning after pill is an emergency contraception to prevent pregnancy not terminate, which is why it's taken within 3 days of unprotected sex.
It takes longer than that for fertilisation and implantation to occur so pregnancy isn't given the chance to happen.

The morning after pill is an emergency contraception to prevent pregnancy not terminate, which is why it's taken within 3 days of unprotected sex.
It takes longer than that for fertilisation and implantation to occur so pregnancy isn't given the chance to happen.

and as a nurse I second that :D

No, I meant a baby and ttc website, not this section in particular. After all, if you have fallen pregnant, the morning after pill is a termination procedure. Now I'm not normally judgmental and I understand that accidents happen and you would want to discuss the medical after effects of your choice; but the post about taking the pill twice in a week upset me. It's probably not my business though so I'm going to give it a rest and leave you to it.

Its life hun i know i should of been more careful. I've never had a termination in my life and taking the morning after pill is no form of it.

This is not always true. The "morning after pill" works one of 3 ways; 1) It can prevent or delay ovulation, 2) It can prevent ferilization, or 3)It can alter the uterine lining, thus preventing a fertilized egg from implanting.

I think its important that people have the right to ask for advice without being judged, anyway, I took the MAP after a genuine condom tear and my AF came after a month, try not to worry :hugs:

I started this on a health and well being section. Its funny how people on here go round looking for an argument. I wanted advice so i came here and thanks to the ladies who did give me the advice i wanted. As for those few judging go else where please its not needed:nope:

I started this on a health and well being section. Its funny how people on here go round looking for an argument. I wanted advice so i came here and thanks to the ladies who did give me the advice i wanted. As for those few judging go else where please its not needed:nope:

Ignore them, hun. If they want to kick up a fuss about terminations or whatever, leave them to it. the MAP is not a form of termination. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->