Morning routine when working

baby09

Reaction score
Hi everyone just wondering what everyone's routine is in a morning if you have to be out early? I start a job in sept and need me and 2 girls ready and the house tidy by 8am - I'm apprehensive lol x

Our routine is this:

6am -I get up. Shower etc.
6:20ish - Choose what i'm going to wear, go and iron it.
6:45ish - Dry hair and style.
7:00 - Put make up on, jewellery etc.
7:20 - Wake DD up slowly (she is NOT a morning person). Get her dressed slowly in bed whilst she wakes. Kick DH out of bed at this point too and let him get on with this thing.
7:45 - Leave the house.

To allow me to do this, I have DD's clothes chosen, out and ready the night before.
All bags are packed the night before and lined up by the door. Shoes etc are all ready too.

You get quicker the more you do it, so it used to take me ages in the morning, now I can be fully showered, hair, makeup and dressed in 45mins if required.

DD has brekkie at nursery and I have mine at work.

Mine is:-
6am up and in the shower
6.15am dry hair, make up, straighten hair
6.50 -7am get lo up and make breakfast for us both
7.20 get lo dressed
7.30 brush teeth get me dressed
7.40 out the door and pile into the car

I try and be organised as possible getting things done the night before etc. I also try and tidy up as I go and make beds once lo is up (hubby makes our bed as he gets up at 7). Some mornings the house looks like a bomb site but I leave it until we get home that evening. :)

I always shower before bed and dry hair and get outfits and lunches sorted night before.
6.30 local comes in our room so I get milk and cereal and put on peppa pig while
I brush my teeth get wash and put on makeup and do hair
6.55 put on sons clothes get him to brush teeth.
7.05 stick my clothes on and earrings perfume etc.
7.10 shoes on and out the door

Wow that is out early! :) some mornings mum in law will come to me so I want the house tidy - and some afternoons my friend (childminder) will be at mine with girls so cannot leave the house a mess lol - I'm dropping them off at 8.20 most mornings so I'm aiming to be ready by 8- but I also work 3 evenings till 11 so bed at midnight and I'm knackered the next morning this is why I'm worrying x my partner will help make lunches evening before whilst I'm at work and said he'll cook dinner if he's home first x I'm just a worrier lol x

I shower the night before to make it quicker.

6.30am - i get up , clean teeth, wash, do make up, get dressed. Make lunch as well.
6.55 am get Poppy up, give her cup of milk and watch some tv
7.10am get poppy dressed , teeth clean, nappy changed
7.30am leave for nursery

I always shower at night time, would rather have the extra sleep in the morning lol.

This is my routine on a work day;

7:15am - Get up and wake DS up. Make me and him breakfast.
7:30am - Take DD into my bedroom and wake OH up. I do my hair and make up whilst he wakes up properly. He takes DD downstairs and feeds her a bottle whilst I finish getting ready.
8:00am - I dress DD and OH leaves for work. DS dresses himself.
8:15am - Me and DS take DD to nursery.
8:45am - Drop DS off at school.

I have all clothes/packed lunches ready the night before. I think organisation is key!

I do EVERYTHING the night before, - showering, lunches, set clothes ouy etc so that all I have to do in the morning is put my already ironed clothes on and get LO dressed. Oh and put lunches from the fridge into my bag and then we're off!

I find that being organised is key!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->