Morning sickness-7 me-0

K

kit_2006

Ok, so after 14 long months of ttc, we got our BFP, We are both so excited we cant stand it.....I feel better about all of my symptoms (constantly feeling period is about to start, but never does, twinges in my lady bits)....all except the nausea....it started about a week before BFP (going on 2nd week of it now almost 3), and everyday it gets worse, which I am happy and fine to suffer through it as I'm taking it as a sign that my little peanut is doing well and growing...however....We don't want to tell anyone for a few more weeks, according to my LMP I am 5 weeks 3 days, and I really want to wait until closer to 10-12 weeks to tell anyone besides DH....
However whoever called it "morning Sickness" is a damn liar, I'm nauseated off and on all day....like today tried to get some chili going in a crockpot at my moms house, smelt the raw hamburger and had to "check the dogs" really fast before I blew chunks....makes me gag just thinking about the smell.... ;)
Normal pregnancy problem right....well I go back to work tomorrow and I work as a nurse....soooo yeah....I'm not sure how I am going to cover this one up, esp since body odor is a huge trigger to get my stomach rolling hard...and we get a lot of hygienically challenged patients....bleh
Also my Prenatal vitamin is making my stomach roll no matter how/when I take it....I rarely actually vomit but I gag a lot and tons of dry heaves...no matter what I seem to do unless ive recently eaten, but I cant eat all day at work...
any nurses out their with tips on surviving morning sickness at work and keeping it on the DL until I am ready to say anything....
Here's hoping I can keep it under wraps, atleast until week 10...
however DH is so excited ill be lucky if we make it till after our first appointment in 3 weeks before he bursts and buys a banner or something ;

All I have to say is don't be afraid to get meds if needed. Morning sickness hit me out of nowhere with my first pregnancy and was debilitating. I'm medicated now and still struggling to hide it at work.

The smells are hard. I have found it helps a bit to suck on peppermint candies when your stomach starts to roll. The all day sickness and food aversions are rough too. Again, I used peppermint candies as well as peppermint tea... I realize you can't really partake in those at work. If you need, don't be afraid to ask your doctor for meds.

I decided to tell my manager in the end. Only him, not the rest of my colleagues. It's been so much less stressful with him knowing and not trying to lie every time I've not felt well enough to go in or I've been sick and needed to go home! It's also enabled me to work a bit more flexibly as he's been very sympathetic about it all! Would that be an option for you? Just so your immediate superior knows why you might keep dashing to the toilet or be a bit quieter or delicate than normal? And I third the medication - if you need it to do your job, do ask your doctor. You've got a tough job to do at the best of times, let alone when you feel awful!

Oh and the smell of raw mince and mince being cooked is a killer for me too. It pushes me over the edge!

Thanks for the suggestion I go back to work this morning and the nausea is aweful this am.... so I'm loading up with perpermint candies (thankfully I usually keep some around as they are my sisters quit smoking oral fixation help of choice and I really want her to kick the habit this time)...I have decided I'm going to tell my immediate boss I'm sure she will understand my need to keep things on the down low....but I got a call last night and our flour gives chemotherapy a lot of times and I normally help give the chemo or actually give it and we have several coming in this week so I'll have to tell her sooner than I wanted.....but it's for the best I think ESP with that part of my job I can't afford to try and hide it from her without risking my baby....
The smells are killing me as is the 0330 heartburn I seem to get like clockwork every morning... bleh...
although I never thought I'd say this but damn I'm happy for morning sickness! I'm definitely thinking I'll ask for meds... although has anyone used ginger candies with success read about them online and don't think I've ever had one....

Oh and the smell of raw mince and mince being cooked is a killer for me too. It pushes me over the edge!

Ugh I feel ya though when I figured this lil but if info out it was part of what convinced me to test earlier then I would normally have

I bought some ginger sweets but I couldn't stomach them long enough to know if they worked. I like a ginger biscuit well enough but ginger in a sweet didn't taste good to me! Interestigly sour sweets help me a bit, lemon or lime so could be worth a shout just as an alternative to mint.

Hope today goes OK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->