Morning sickness

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
Morning sickness has hit me with avengance these past few days, I've not actually thrown up a lot but I feel nauseated constantly. I've lost my appetite apart from to things I feel like eating.

I'm trying to keep my fluids up and keep nibbling on ginger biscuits but that isn't really helping.

I'm limited to what I can get from the shops due to the lockdown.

Does anyone have any cures? The only other thing that helps is sleeping but I can't sleep 24 hours a day (as much as I'd like to)

My midwife told me that fizzy drinks gone flat worked. I've never tried that myself so I don't know. I did find that eating little and often helped. I hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

Aw thanks ill give that a try :) will have to send the hubby to the shop for some fizzy pop

Hey
I am going through the same, the nausea seems quite constant the past couple of days. I’ve found I’m worse when I haven’t eaten for a while or I’m getting tired.
Been eating biscuits often to try to keep things in my belly but not lasting very long unfortunately.

It's awful isn't it! I'm literally craving things that I've got no chance of eating either :( I'm supposed to be working from home today but I've slept the last 3 hours on the sofa. I've got zero energy

I had the same with both pregnancies! Eating small amounts every 2 hours, lots of lemon water, and sour things helped me the most! Hope it doesn't last too long for you.

The best cure for morning sickness is eating a handful of crackers as soon as you wake up(while still in bed). Keep a box of crackers on your bedside table every night. Eat them first thing when you wake up and don't move for 30 mins. Don't drink any fluids until breakfast time. Get up from your bed after 30 mins and prepare breakfast (preferably solids) and then go brush your teeth(brushing your teeth as soon as you wake up will make morning sickness worse). Have breakfast within an hour of waking up.

Drink warm water instead of regular one, between meals and eat sour fruits like oranges, strawberries, kiwi (one type of fruit a day, do not mix up). My doctor told me to eat the fruits and not make juice out of it as it loses fiber content.

Eat every 2 hours in small portions throughout the day and don't starve. If you are gassy, and have given more than 25-30 mins of gap between feeling hungry and eating something, you are gonna throw up for sure. So don't let your stomach get hungry for too long. Have some nuts or crackers or fruits in between meals for snacks, with a glass of milk.

I hope these points help you! :)

Ah sickness is awful!
Try ginger biscuits, works for me.
Hope you feel better soon

Thank you for your suggestions! I'll be sure to try them out :) limited to what I can get from the shops due to the lockdown. I'm craving fruit so badly but they don't sell it in the local shop :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->