Moses basket or cot?

cocosianelle

Reaction score
What will your sleeping arrangements be when LO arrives?

I've not bought a Moses basket yet as I wasn't sure we'd get the use out of it but now I'm in a pickle. We've got the cot in the nursery so my options are to either buy a Moses basket for our bedroom or put the cot in our room.

We had a carry cot with our pram that we've got a mattress for so ill use that
downstairs. I just want to get an idea of what you ladies will be doing.

My hubby was the one who suggested putting the cot in our room so LO can get used to it but are their any advantages or disadvantages to this?

Sorry if this seems like a silly question but I'm just not sure what to do :shrug:

we are putting baby straight into a cot bed which will have a safababy sleeper thing.

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_4227_10001

so we can still do feet to foot but also make the space smaller. DS was out of his moses basket at 8 weeks, we didn't mind last time as we were given it, but this time we don't have the money to buy 2 things.

We also will have the cot in our room until the baby sleeps through and DS1 isn't going to climb in the cot :haha:

I'm having baby in a Moses basket in our bedroom for a few months

We have a cot next to our bed in our room and I will use the carry cot from our travel system, bugaboo and safe for sleeping, downstairs if she's napping during the day. In Canada they say safest is straight to cot so we are going by those recommendations for night time sleeping.

We'll be using a gliding crib in our room for the first few months. Bigger than a Moses basket, so will get more use, and I don't have to sit up to see her as I'll be able to see her through the slats. We've bought a second hand moses basket, just with a new mattress for downstairs.

Got a moses basket in our room for a few months, then will move into the cot bed in the nursery.

Got a spare moses for downstairs too, incase I'm feeling lazy :blush:

Moses basket in our room
And then a cot in the nursery. During the day baby will nap in either his swing,bouncer or carry cot. Hopefully :)

We have a Moses basket to start off with and then a cot for when she is a little older we live in a flat so can use the Moses basket in the living room too not needed to get a spare one xxx

If we dont bed-share then Baby going straight into her cotbed in my room in her Sleepyhead Matress.

I got a Moses basket for £5 for a downstairs napper. I won't be bringing the pram/carrycot in the house. UK weather = rain = dirty carpets!! So no pram in the house!

We have a Moses basket which will be in our room for the first few months, and we have a cot in the nursery which we will be using after.

Our travel system comes with a pram that can be used as a Moses basket too (with stand) that we will be using when we are downstairs :)

We went to buy everything with the intention of getting a moses basket to begin with, but in the end we went with a cot bed which will be in the baby's room & he will sleep in there at night, we want to get him used to the same routine from birth, so will not have him sleeping in our room (but we will be sleeping in his room for the first month as my parents are coming to stay, so we will put them in our room & stay in our spare room with baby). The main reasons we decided not to go for the moses basket, is that all the ones we saw looked pretty flimsy, we also have a small dog who is very inquisitive & can also open the doors in our house, so we were worried that he might jump up to see the baby & knock the basket over off the stand.

we have a moses basket for downstairs and a crib in our room its slightly bigger than moses basket as ds 1 was only in moses basket 12weeks dont want to move new baby into his own room at that age but his cotbed thays in nursery wont fit in our room so im hoping crib will last till 5-6months

I've got a gliding crib in our room, cot bed in nursery for when I need the loo or a shower and a Moses basket downstairs. Last time I had to move the cot bed into our room as lo grew out of her Moses basket prior to the recommended 6 months, I'm hoping that this time lo will stay in crib till 6 months then he'll go into his own room, my dd was in our room till a year old.

Moses basket in our room and for lounge our house is on one level,then cot bed in nursery for when baby is bit older. Not enough room in our bedroom for the cotbed also thought it might be a bit large to start of with.

We had brought a cot for our lo to go in but then my mum sent me this beautiful moses basket as we will use that

We will be putting the Moses basket in the cot (on top of the cot mattress) in our room by our bed. We will also be doing some co-sleeping/bed sharing as well. There's no real point disassembling the cot only for a few months and we have nowhere to store the cot parts in the meantime xx

With my first who is now 9 months we brought a moses basket to use for the first few months but he outgrew it within about six weeks and as we had spent over £100 on the basket and rocker I was a little bit annoyed so this time round I have brought a gliding crib which should get more use and the baby will sleep in the pram carrycot or swing during the day.

I have a rocking crib for our room which I hope will last up to 6 months. It seemed sturdier and bigger than a Moses basket. Also the majority of them are wicker which with a cat who loves to scratch anything I figured wasn't a good idea.

We also have a cot bed for the nursery which the baby will go into when he/she is older

We had brought a cot for our lo to go in but then my mum sent me this beautiful moses basket as we will use that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->