Moses basket

Marnitoo

Reaction score
Hi!
I was just wondering what everyone else is planning on using for their baby when they sleep. We have a moses basket which we plan on using first before the cot, however, im a bit unsure of what to use in the moses basket!
Sorry if i sound stupid, this is my first pregnancy!
Do i use blankets, sheets, or sleeping bags?
Whats everyone else planning on doing?

Just cellular blankets. Using sleeping bags once baby goes into the cot. The baby sleep bags usually have a minimum weight restriction on them so just double check that when deciding. :)

We're planning on using a moses basket for the first few months. I'll be using a cotton sheet with a cellular blanket on top - same as I did for my daughter. Think she was 4 months old when we moved her into her cot and around 6 months when we started using sleeping bags.

We are using a cradle, and did with DS3 and a bassinet with DS2. DS1 went straight into the cot as we had no room to fit him in our room. But i slept on the floor in his room for a bit over a month with him lol
Bottom sheet and they were swaddled with a light blanket. Once they began to move around we swap to sleeping bags.

I'll swaddle in the moses basket most likely, then switch to a crib and gro bags so I can keep baby in room longer (first ds grew out the basket pretty quick and I can't fit a cot in our room)
If I use blankets at all I use the cellular ones :)

Swaddle hun, this will help with the Moro reflex and hopefully allow your baby to sleep for a bit longer. I'm going to get a woombie. I can't remember these swaddle pod inventions being around with my last and just used a swaddle blanket, but DS2 constantly broke free, so I'm hoping a zip up alternative will be much better X

We are also kind of clueless, but we are using a convertible cot/crib, it has a high bassinet set, and we plan to swaddle, we have a sheet set, and she'll be in our room probably for the first 6 months in there, and then move to her own room next door.

It's always fairly warm in our house so I'm just gonna put her in a vest, sleepsuit and cellular blanket in the Moses basket

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->