Most confusing BFP in the world...no idea how?

These were my tests, and I did LOADS OF THEM!
View attachment 1051528 View attachment 1051530 View attachment 1051531 View attachment 1051532this test the test line was darker than the control
So the rollercoaster is REAL!
Hope you're ok if you need to vent I'm here...

Wow! Your tests did get dark! Mine never got any darker at all which was a red flag for me. My HCG levels never reached 100 though, so I doubt there was really enough HCG to show any progression. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that! It's such a horrible feeling. One minute you're so excited at the possibility you could actually be pregnant and then the next second your hopes are totally crushed. :cry:

Hi hun I read your first post and immediately said to myself it sounds alot like my experience. I've had 3 YES 3 ectopics now and 2 miscarriages but fortunately God has blessed me with 2 kids through it all. I have a post in the pregnancy testing forums l
I found out I was pregnant cause I was 3 days late, test was kinda on the light side to be 3 days late! Welp the next day I started bleeding AF type stopped after 4 days. If I would've not had very predictable precise periods I would've never tested and would've assumed it just was a shoter than normal period. But after all the bleeding my test started to get darker. My hcg numbers were 53, then down to 50 but then went up to 203, then 1311, nothing seen in uterus tubes but did see a cyst on left ovary, then last numbers came in at 2500 that's when I knew just like my other 2 ectopics thats exactly what it was, and still nothing seen in uterus tubes or ovaries. So I opted like my others to take a methotrexate injection which dissolves the pregnancy.
All this to say, you're not alone, I'm still dealing with this and it is a loss, it's ok to grieve it just the same. I know it feels so unfair and truly it is, because it is a long drawn out rollercoaster because until the ultrasound technicians see something they will continually tell you especially early on "maybe you're extremely early and we just can't see it yet" but since I've had 2 perfect pregnancy I knew as soon as they didn't see anything by my 7week u/s it was OVER. Take your time and make the right choice for you, but unfortunately with an ectopic time is of the essence and you feel kinda like a time bomb and this was the only time I did the injection before they seen anything. Every other time I waited until I was in undeniable excruciating pain where I was passing out and even the probe to perform to do the u/s or pelvic exams where absolute torture. Just know mama, you're not alone and its a bs situation but know it isnt over if you believe that God will bless you with children.
Goid luck, and I'm praying for you!

Wow, yours went down and then back up? That's so unusual. It's so crazy how similar our experiences were with the positive after what seemed to be a normal AF. From now on I will only be testing if I've missed a period because honestly if I wasn't a POASaholic then I probably would never have even caught this pregnancy to begin with. Sort of a bitter sweet feeling for me. Thank you for your kind words. I do believe that God gives us the desires of our heart if we believe and trust in Him that He can and He will. Keeping the faith that my time will come. :happydance:

So sorry to hear this lsack. I hope
That your body starts to expel the tissue sooner than later so this can all be over for you. I can only imagine how you feel just waiting for the bleeding to start! Praying for you!

So to update everyone:

As if the start of this WASN'T WEIRD ENOUGH... it still hasn't fully come to a close.
Here is the simplified version of all of the events taking place:

December 20th - first + HPT test at home
December 21st - 1st beta HCG test: 20
December 24th - 2nd beta HCG test: 40 (doubled in 72 hours)
December 26th - 3rd beta HCG test: 45 (only increased 5 in 48 hours)
December 28th - 4th beta HCG test: 29 (decreased by 16 in 48 hours)
January 3rd - 5th beta HCG test: 26 (decreased by 3 in almost a week)
January 9th - 6th beta HCG test: 90 (increased but did not double in the 48-72 hours)
January 11th - 7th beta HCG test: 136 (increased, didn't double) and intravaginal u/s at OBGYN

The doctor's opinion of this:
* intravaginal u/s showed no signs of ectopic pregnancy "YET"
* most likely still going to have a miscarriage or it's possibly ectopic but not large enough to be seen on a u/s just yet since I'd only be like 4 weeks PG
* blood work from today still leaves me in the "gray area" could be new pregnancy that occurred shortly after I began to "miscarry", or could be either ectopic or miscarriage still.

ALL I CAN DO IS CONTINUE TO WAIT.
I have had no bleeding like a period yet, and I'm going on day CD 34 when normally I am clock work at 27-28 days every month. HPT's are getting darker lines than before. Having pretty much constant dull "period like cramping" but no bleeding/spotting.

REPEAT BLOOD WORK MONDAY 1/14, AND REPEAT ULTRASOUND 1/15 to see if levels are rising or dropping at this point and to see if anything can be seen in either the fallopian tubes or uterus.

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!
I am getting so irritated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is up with this going up then down then up again crap?! I already cried and accepted that this wasn't a viable pregnancy so let's just get it over with already! ](*,)](*,)

Last edited:
Omg! I really hope that it's a pregnancy! But if you never bled from the last one, how could it be a new one? Your HCG never hit 0 so you would've never ovulated right? It's so confusing and I hope you get some clarity soon!

Omg! I really hope that it's a pregnancy! But if you never bled from the last one, how could it be a new one? Your HCG never hit 0 so you would've never ovulated right? It's so confusing and I hope you get some clarity soon!

I hope it's a new pregnancy too, but I also worry that if it is, it may be too soon to conceive since I never fully stopped producing HCG with the last one. The way I see it is, I was at a 26 and then a week later I was at 90. It could be possible to ovulate with lower levels of HCG in my system (I think...from what I have read). But in my heart, I really feel that it's ectopic or just a miscarriage that isn't quite happening naturally and might need some assistance. I go in for another blood draw on Monday morning and then I go in to discuss the results of it and to get a repeat U/S on Tuesday morning at 9am. I am really hoping to have some answers after this next visit. It's been almost a month of going through this horrible nightmare and I'm ready to be done with the up and down and up and down. :(

Hi everyone,

Update:
Levels kept going up, 136 to 149, to 160 and beyond.

Confirmed ectopic pregnancy in my right ovary on 1/15/19 and sent to ER.
Given methotrexate on 1/15/19 to end the pregnancy.

Glad this rollercoaster is coming to an end.
Just want to get past this so I can start TTC again.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT. <3

I'm so sorry to read that you went through this. :hugs: x

I'm sorry you have gone through all this. As I was reading your post it sounded like an ectopic pregnancy. I also had 1 but didn't find out till I was about 10 weeks along. Was also given methotrexate then to end the pregnancy. Such a scary and sad thing to have happen.

Love and light your way..HUGS!!

Reading all this and I'm so so sorry you had to go through all of this. My whole heart goes out to you.
Lord Jesus be with you and comfort you and bless you with another baby. In Jesus name.
God bless you. Sending warm hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->