Most confusing BFP in the world...no idea how?

lsack031817

Reaction score
Ladies, I am stunned and need some help figuring this one out.

My LMP was November 13th
I had what I thought was a period on December 11th-14th this month.

20th December rolls around, and I'm feeling a bit funny...take an HPT and it's positive (but faint). Not a squinter though and definitely there on an FRER. 21st December, wake up thinking maybe it was just an indent or a faulty test... take a wondfo, and FRER and a first response digital, all positive. Clear blue digi is negative. 21st in the afternoon, take another FRER hpt and BFP a little darker than FMU, and positive clear blue digi that says "pregnant" but I didn't buy one that says how many weeks along you are. - KEEP IN MIND, THIS FIRST POSITIVE IS ONLY 6 DAYS AFTER I STOPPED BLEEDING FROM MY SUSPECTED AF...

I had my beta HCG done yesterday morning (21st) and it came back at 20 which is very low. Either indicating a miscarriage or a very early pregnancy.

Today is the 22nd of December and I am still reading positive on FRER, not getting a whole lot darker but definitely a solid pink line, and even on my wondfo's I am getting faint positives. "pregnant" again this morning on another clear blue digital. My OB is stunned and confused.

So to discuss the "period" or "bleeding", whatever it was. It occurred right on the day it was supposed to (28 day cycle for me, which is normal). Started out brownish red all day on the 11th, 12th it was a bit heavier and BLOOD RED, 13th it was going back down to light and by the 14th it was almost nothing. This is definitely lighter than a normal period for me but I definitely thought it was too dark/heavy for implantation bleeding. Also, to clarify, I know for sure I was not pregnant BEFORE the bleeding started because on December 10th I took an HPT and it was stark white negative so I assumed this was just my normal period. I will attach all the pics of my tests as well as the dates in my glow app so you can see when we BD'd.

HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN MAKE SENSE OF ALL OF THIS. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW A WEEK AND 3 DAYS AFTER MY 'PERIOD' STARTED I AM GETTING CLEAR POSITIVE TESTS, AND EVEN + DIGI'S!!!!

I am going back on Christmas Eve morning for another beta blood test to see if the numbers are going up or not...I am hoping they are. But the timing is so weird which makes me feel like something is wrong. I am hoping and praying for the best though!!! Just very confused about this and not sure if I should be happy or if I should be worried. :shock::shock::shock:

56704931356__8DD412B0-EDAE-45CA-8DD6-DB3E5D17226D.JPG 56708341180__9492774C-D90A-4877-BA5D-0A8B7664BAD0.JPG 56711010396__E55053B0-482D-4BE6-AD31-525A31F64B7A 2.JPG IMG_0727.PNG IMG_0728.PNG

Here are three other pictures... the wondfo strip is from this morning (a bit darker than the two days before this), the FRER's are all from the 21st, and the FRER, clear blue strip, and wondfo are also from the 21st (the day my beta HCG was at 20...)

Someone please help explain how this happened?!

IMG_0725.JPG IMG_0717.JPG IMG_0716.JPG

ALSO..... when I switched my glow app to "pregnancy mode" it literally said I was 1 week and 5 days pregnant...which if that was true, I don't even think I could have a positive HPT right now? And certainly not a + digital?! It feels like the immaculate conception happened!

I have zero answers on the cycle but those positives are lovely!

Congrats!

Lx

could it have been implantation bleeding? I bled in early pregnancy for no reason at all.
I hope that everything goes well with your betas.
Congratulations! :)

I can't give you any advice on the bleeding, all I know is that some women bleed in early pregnancy. As for the app that you were using, it could just be detecting what you thought was your period. You could very well be at least two to three weeks pregnant. Sometimes a cyst can even cause a bleed similar to a period around the same time that you would have your period. It's also possible that ovarian cysts can cause positive HPT. I don't think that's the case for you though because when I had my ovarian cyst that gave me positive pregnancy tests it definitely didn't show up on a digital. they were very faint lines.

Congratulations btw!! Good luck with your beta results and I hope everything turns out great for you

My HPT are now getting more faint by the day, almost squinter like... OPK's are still very positive. Lots of cramping going on, no spotting. Pretty sure I am having a miscarriage after all of this...

Seriously feel like giving up right now.
Bloodwork tomorrow morning will most likely confirm HCG is decreasing, not tripling.

:confused:](*,):(

Update: bloodwork from Friday December 21st was 20 for the beta, and today December 24th (72 hours later) it's 40. It doubled in the 48-72 hour period but I am still worried it is so low... I can't imagine how early I must be?

Plus, no one has been able to figure out when I actually conceived or ovulated based on my chart. I am so stumped. For now I am being cautiously optimistic that the numbers are going up instead of down. Praise Jesus and praying for this to continue!!!

Hoping all is ok :hugs:
:dust:

Update:

So thinking all was on the up and up I got my beta HCG levels tested again (12/26) which would have been 48 hours after the second draw. The doctor called me last night and said that my beta HCG level was only 45, from 40 - two days prior. The doctor was surprised to hear that I had not had any bleeding thus far. He basically said it could be an ectopic pregnancy in very early stages since it is still rising but very slowly (only 12.5% increase in 48 hours), or it's an early miscarriage and to expect this pregnancy to not be viable.

I found out this news while I was at work and basically started balling my eyes out and had to be sent home for the day. I am in shock...I am a young 26 year old woman with NO HISTORY of any of the "risk factors" for ectopic pregnancy, and I thought my hormones were fine to support a pregnancy so who knows what happened. I am sad, but I am happy that this is happening sooner than later. Now just waiting to start bleeding as I have not had any signs of a miscarriage besides a bit of cramping.

Moving on and accepting that this is not what God had planned for us right now. At least now I know that I can get pregnant! That's a miracle in and of itself. I may push for some additional hormone testing and possibly an HSG to check my fallopian tubes. What do you guys think?

Hi hun I read your first post and immediately said to myself it sounds alot like my experience. I've had 3 YES 3 ectopics now and 2 miscarriages but fortunately God has blessed me with 2 kids through it all. I have a post in the pregnancy testing forums l
I found out I was pregnant cause I was 3 days late, test was kinda on the light side to be 3 days late! Welp the next day I started bleeding AF type stopped after 4 days. If I would've not had very predictable precise periods I would've never tested and would've assumed it just was a shoter than normal period. But after all the bleeding my test started to get darker. My hcg numbers were 53, then down to 50 but then went up to 203, then 1311, nothing seen in uterus tubes but did see a cyst on left ovary, then last numbers came in at 2500 that's when I knew just like my other 2 ectopics thats exactly what it was, and still nothing seen in uterus tubes or ovaries. So I opted like my others to take a methotrexate injection which dissolves the pregnancy.
All this to say, you're not alone, I'm still dealing with this and it is a loss, it's ok to grieve it just the same. I know it feels so unfair and truly it is, because it is a long drawn out rollercoaster because until the ultrasound technicians see something they will continually tell you especially early on "maybe you're extremely early and we just can't see it yet" but since I've had 2 perfect pregnancy I knew as soon as they didn't see anything by my 7week u/s it was OVER. Take your time and make the right choice for you, but unfortunately with an ectopic time is of the essence and you feel kinda like a time bomb and this was the only time I did the injection before they seen anything. Every other time I waited until I was in undeniable excruciating pain where I was passing out and even the probe to perform to do the u/s or pelvic exams where absolute torture. Just know mama, you're not alone and its a bs situation but know it isnt over if you believe that God will bless you with children.
Goid luck, and I'm praying for you!

Oh no so sorry!! Take you time to grieve but know that you are healthy and have another chance! Stay positive!

Ladies, I am stunned and need some help figuring this one out.

My LMP was November 13th
I had what I thought was a period on December 11th-14th this month.

20th December rolls around, and I'm feeling a bit funny...take an HPT and it's positive (but faint). Not a squinter though and definitely there on an FRER. 21st December, wake up thinking maybe it was just an indent or a faulty test... take a wondfo, and FRER and a first response digital, all positive. Clear blue digi is negative. 21st in the afternoon, take another FRER hpt and BFP a little darker than FMU, and positive clear blue digi that says "pregnant" but I didn't buy one that says how many weeks along you are. - KEEP IN MIND, THIS FIRST POSITIVE IS ONLY 6 DAYS AFTER I STOPPED BLEEDING FROM MY SUSPECTED AF...

I had my beta HCG done yesterday morning (21st) and it came back at 20 which is very low. Either indicating a miscarriage or a very early pregnancy.

Today is the 22nd of December and I am still reading positive on FRER, not getting a whole lot darker but definitely a solid pink line, and even on my wondfo's I am getting faint positives. "pregnant" again this morning on another clear blue digital. My OB is stunned and confused.

So to discuss the "period" or "bleeding", whatever it was. It occurred right on the day it was supposed to (28 day cycle for me, which is normal). Started out brownish red all day on the 11th, 12th it was a bit heavier and BLOOD RED, 13th it was going back down to light and by the 14th it was almost nothing. This is definitely lighter than a normal period for me but I definitely thought it was too dark/heavy for implantation bleeding. Also, to clarify, I know for sure I was not pregnant BEFORE the bleeding started because on December 10th I took an HPT and it was stark white negative so I assumed this was just my normal period. I will attach all the pics of my tests as well as the dates in my glow app so you can see when we BD'd.

HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN MAKE SENSE OF ALL OF THIS. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW A WEEK AND 3 DAYS AFTER MY 'PERIOD' STARTED I AM GETTING CLEAR POSITIVE TESTS, AND EVEN + DIGI'S!!!!

I am going back on Christmas Eve morning for another beta blood test to see if the numbers are going up or not...I am hoping they are. But the timing is so weird which makes me feel like something is wrong. I am hoping and praying for the best though!!! Just very confused about this and not sure if I should be happy or if I should be worried. :shock::shock::shock:

View attachment 1051214 View attachment 1051215 View attachment 1051217 View attachment 1051221 View attachment 1051223
These were my tests, and I did LOADS OF THEM!
20181128_090943.jpg 20181202_160635.jpg 20181203_110645.jpg 20181209_182315.jpgthis test the test line was darker than the control
So the rollercoaster is REAL!
Hope you're ok if you need to vent I'm here...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you are going through this. The bright side (as if you can think of a bright side at this time) is that you know that you can conceive. However, it's not over until it's over. I had a MC in Oct, and my Hcg levels dropped fast, your's are still rising. I'm going to believe for you, that there's still hope. Meanwhile, it's ok to feel however you feel, people deal with these things very differently. Praying for you.

To update:

My beta HCG levels were taken yesterday (12/28) to see if they were still slowly on the rise or if they were in fact on the decline, and to no surprise, they were at 29 from 45 the two days prior. I am happy that my body is taking care of this on it's own.

She said that the risk of rupturing with an ectopic (if it even is an ectopic) is slim to none because of how low my HCG levels are. She estimates that I was probably no more than 3 weeks pregnant when the HCG levels stopped rising and began declining, and maybe a week and a few days gestation. She was happy to see the numbers going down on their own and doesn't think that I will need any medication to stop the pregnancy unless I get any kind of severe cramping.

The hardest part is that I still have not started to bleed to get rid of the tissues that were beginning to develop. I am hoping that I will start bleeding like normal on the day my next AF would be due (1/7/19). I am also hopeful that my cycles will return back to normal fairly quickly after this, but I know sometimes they can be wonky for a while.

I have another blood draw scheduled for next Thursday to make sure the HCG levels are below 10, or at least still on the decline. They will keep following the levels to <10. I have another appt at the gyno on Jan 15th for a pap smear and to get my hormone levels checked (progesterone in particular) so long as I've had a normal period by then.

I want to thank EVERY single one of you ladies that have commented on this post because each piece of advice has helped me to get through this experience and reminded me that I'm not alone in this... it really means a lot to me :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->