Mother of 1 pregnant with 2nd and scared!

MsNichole60

Reaction score
Hello all the mothers to be, mothers trying, and hard working mothers out there in the world.

I am 26 years old. I have a 3year old daughter out of "wedlock" (old term but how I feel) I love her dearly. I guess I did not learn my first time because I have having a second baby (I am currently 7 weeks) also out of "wedlock" and not my daughters father.

A week prior to finding out I was pregnant, I moved to get away from my abusive daughters father, just to have him find me and beat me up. I went through extreme emotional down fall, as it appeared as though my life was falling apart just to find out I was pregnant. My Job was on the line, my housing was on the line, and my sanity, and POW im pregnant. I wanted another baby, but the time was HORRIBLE!

To make the situation WORST, I am on Xanax, Kolonopin, & Ambien ( I suffer from extreme post tramatic stress disorder as well as General anxiety disorder) pre pregnancy I was taking 1mg of K a day 2MG of Xanax a day and 10 mg of ambien. Since I found out I was pregnant I tried the whole COLD TURKEY thing with no success (I was not informed of how dangerious these drugs were!) I took them exactly as proscribed. I am not taking .5 of each and 5mg of the ambien . I know there are birth defects risk with these drugs, however this is a low dose and I am doing my best to tapper off with out 1) going into a deep depress 2) causing devastating psychological and physical pain & damage.

With so much stress in my life, and my unborn fetus being the light on the other side (a new chapter) I want to do this right. I do not want to cause damage to my baby however the PAIN from withdrawing is Unbareable.

Any suggestions or help out there???? My support system is ZIP, no one understands. Is there any one out there who took these types of drugs while pregnant and had a healthy baby? Any one cold turkey off these drugs successfully when you found out you were pregnant?? any thing will help! So many questions so little time.

God bless and thank you!

Im sorry I have no advice. But you have come to a good place for support. Hope someone here can give you great advice.

Just wanted to comment to give you support and tell you I think you are strong for going through what you have and trying to give your babies a good life! Hugs! Ill say a little prayer for you

I do not know where you are located but there has to be a local service that can help. In the U.S. Planned Parenthood can help prevent your abusive partner from finding you and, if you need new housing, they can help you find it. They are affiliated with domestic violence centers in every state. They can provide medical support to either help you quit cold turkey or wean you off the medication as sometimes cold turkey is not recommended. If you do not have enough money they can also help you obtain medicaid and/or cut your invoices to nothing or almost nothing.

I don't know of places like this in other countries but I am sure they exist. It sounds like you may need support emotionally in a place like this but also people you can call and/or see that are close to you.

Good luck and just know, tough times don't make us stronger. Instead, they help us find the strength we already have.

Sorry i dont have much advice but i hope u can find some support organisation to help u and of course, see a doc about weaning off the meds. Keep focusing on your new baby and u will get there! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->