Mother of all conception months Graduates

Indigo spews after most daytime feeds. If I sit her up to burp she spews more and faster! She never spews after night feeds. They are contrary creatures!

We went to baby group this morning. Byron was a bit bored but quite well behaved. Indigo didn't sleep all morning then finally succumbed on the way home and is much happier. We're all off to the dentist soon.

So i guess occasional spewing is normal? She just did it - while on the boob. It's usually a morning thing it seems. she seems fine. Ate some after she did it too. The ped had said something about me not having dairy if it keeps up... but don't you think she'd be spewing more often than just once in the morning? And same- so far no pukes during the night- or even the evening. Just the once in the am. I think i should stick to the gripe water in the am too- make sure all that air from the night is out.

:wave: Hi Ladies,

Congrats Kate and well done :kiss:

Dare the occasional spit up is fine :hugs: they do like to worry us half to death though :dohh:

Peanut and vbaby I can sympathise because Charlie is teething too :dohh: and what with the throat infection as well its making for a crap time :( which is the reason why I am reading and not replying much because hes been very demanding right now!

Peanut gotta love a bargain ;) hope you had fun shopping ... always cheers me up :thumbup:

Think I have forgotten loads sorry :flower:

HV came today and you just wont believe how much weight Charlie has gained the little fatty :rofl: he was 12lb 5oz 4+1 wks ago when he was last weighed and today he weighs 13lb 10oz :saywhat: I was in :shock: because that it is 1lb 5oz gain which is the most weight he has gained so far :dohh: seems hes getting back on track now Ladies :thumbup: oh and he rolled from back to front and then turned himself back over again today :happydance:

HAPPY 4 MONTHS OLD CHARLIE AND TEAGAN :cake:

I was about to ask the spewing question... as Thomas is not in pain I can only assume it's just one of those things.

I bought new formula for nothing :rofl:

happy 4 months!!!

thanks madly- i think that what worried me was when the dr. said something about dairy diet- but... really- shouldn't she be vomiting more & acting upset and fussy a lot if it's a dairy issue?

sorry about the teething problem. And he doesn't weigh a ton huh? Because i think ava is going to pass him! talk about little fatty! she's only a month and already 9lbs 10.5 oz and gained 9 oz in one week!

:lol: dare Charlie was 10 lb 4 oz at birth so he's only gained minimal in four months :dohh: Charlie was the biggest grad baby but some of the teenies now out weigh him :dohh:

:blush: I think Alex is pushing 17lbs now, lol! We'll know next week when the HV comes.

:lol: ozzie you have some fab booby juice!

i was so happy I can't begin to tell you after all the weight/ feeding issues its great to know all our hard work and perserverance has paid off ;-

:) Flippin heck, when Alex didn't feed from 7:30pm to 3am one night (he was at DH's sister's and I thought he would wake at 12 for a feed so I didn't pump :haha:) I got 6+ ounces out of one breast in 10 minutes! :shock:

That's great news about Charlie's weight gain! You just be overjoyed madly. :D

Dare it's completely normal. Causes include snot, wind and greediness. Indigo has not rarely chucked up on my boob (lovely) when she has fed more for comfort/boredom than hunger and doesn't really have room inside for more. Don't let them spin the dairy yarn. It's extremely rare in people from Northern European origin (assuming you are Caucasian) and in breastfed babies irrelevant because breastmilk contains lactase. If she is not emptying the boob fully she could be getting more foremilk which is high in lactose and not much hind milk where the lactase is which can then cause some wind. Easily fixed by making sure boobs are emptied when feeding.

One of the doctors at our surgery gave DH a prescription for soya milk formula deciding Byron was lactose intolerant based on no evidence, no symptoms and evidently no understanding of breastfeeding. I reprimanded DH for being so gullible, took Byron to see our own GP the next day (receiving an inhaler for overproduction of mucous, as we knew, the cause of his morning vomiting) and have refused to see the other doctor since.

The shopping was awful at the time, well buying my stuff was, as I always feel horribly guilty and stressed buying clothes. It's nicer when the money's already spent and I start receiving parcels of exciting new clothes for us all!

No idea what Indigo weighs. Think it's been about a month so I guess 14-15lb.

ozzie- jeez! That's a lot of milk! (think I got the right person this time :haha:)

peanut- thank you soooo much for all of that info. It really made me feel a ton better. And yes- we are european origin and I didn't know any of that. Here I've been terrified to drink milk ( since being pregnant I wake up craving it like an insane person during the night and fighting myself.) and hurting her insides. So I will put it out of my head!

and you know I'm gullible because I worry I'm going to somehow hurt this baby by doing the wrong thing. Constantly scared. I'm glad you followed what you thought and took care of byron- that's great.

I also get stressed when buying clothes- I have to try everything on and usually get maybe one item that I try on because it looks horrid- and then I just leave feeling awful. I like to look at things... But rarely buy clothes. And when I do buy something I can't stop thinking whether it was worth the money. So I have the same feelings :( sorry it wasn't more fun for you and relaxing.

Lol dare, I mostly online shop but when i do go in I try on a handful, like one thing, usually the most expensive, so decide I can't face queuing to pay for one so buy nothing! I have to take DH with me these days so he will tell me to buy it. It's just a clothes thing. I buy houses, cars, electronics etc without a second thought! :rofl:

My big advice dare is to trust yourself and your instincts. Ava's still very new and it takes a while for mother and baby to get to know each other but it won't be long before you will be her translator for the world. Breastfeeding gives an addition dimension in terms of connection and ways our own actions affect our babies. I can't have much garlic as gives Indigo a lot of pain at night. It didn't take long to see how much was too much and that that was the cuprit. Before long you'll know Ava as well as you know yourself and sometimes marvel that you know something about her that there weren't even any outward indications about! Byron was a few months when we had that incident so I had had plenty of time to learn all about him. You just need to have confidence in yourself. :)

Bleeding hell Ozzie where are you storing that milk!!!

Dog goes home today must get dressed and take him he can pee at the parents house instead.

Ohhh shopping i used to like that and could always find what i wanted i think all ive bought in 4 months is new bras. out of nessesity.

We're putting money on Abby bing 12lb when we go on thursday for the afternoon of torture.

lol mine are big but never that big lol.

Pissy dog has gone and my washing machine is now on over drive

I feel like mine are HUGE. Finally seem to have gotten the stream under control on the one side so now the other one is trying to shoot across the room. great. Why can't they work together?!

Peanut, thanks a lot- really- i feel a lot better now. And i hope i do get to that point were i know her just like you are mentioning- that would be amazing. I guess i have to stop doubting myself.

It just takes a bit of time Dare. :). When I was a young teen we went to the house of a friend of my parents. We played a family game called personal preferences where players are given a choice of two things and the others have to guess their answer. I remember a question for me, would I eat bananas or crudités. I selected crudités which, as someone who didn't like veggies really at all, I didn't think would be easily guessed but my mum guessed right as she knew how much I disliked bananas. It's a silly little anecdote but it always stuck with me how much my mum knew things about me.

I used to get 4oz per boob when I expressed with Byron, with a handpump, in the day. Remember the amount you express isn't necessarily the same as the amount you make. Ozzie might be particularly effective at being expressed.

Alex is brilliantly big so i guess she does make that much for him but of course no one ever sees it.

PB i get that my mum is pretty rubbish at most thigs but she deffinatly knows what i don't like. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->