Mourning election results

I cannot believe what I am reading :shock:. People shouldn't have sex for fun?! And only partake if they're ready for a child to come of it?! Bloody nora.

Time to unsubscribe!

Please don't. You never know who can be reading and listening and learning from other points of view. :)

I cannot believe what I am reading :shock:. People shouldn't have sex for fun?! And only partake if they're ready for a child to come of it?! Bloody nora.

Time to unsubscribe!

I know, when I first read it I thought that I had perhaps misread and that it wasn't the intention of the poster for it to be worded like that but when she came back and again in another post said that that is was she meant I was a little lost for words.
I was going to write a post myself commenting on it but really what can you even say to that :dohh:

Like another poster said, people pay taxes for the sake of a society, some don't use the education system, some don't use roads, it goes on and on and I'm not really sure what people can't comprehend about that. I'm pretty sure that there's much worse things the government are spending your taxes on than poxy birth control :wacko:

Time to unsubscribe!

I know, when I first read it I thought that I had perhaps misread and that it wasn't the intention of the poster for it to be worded like that but when she came back and again in another post said that that is was she meant I was a little lost for words.
I was going to write a post myself commenting on it but really what can you even say to that :dohh:

Like another poster said, people pay taxes for the sake of a society, some don't use the education system, some don't use roads, it goes on and on and I'm not really sure what people can't comprehend about that. I'm pretty sure that there's much worse things the government are spending your taxes on than poxy birth control :wacko:

I thought exactly the same, that I had maybe misread it....but apparently not!

I'm truly confused by the taxes thing...I presuming low income families get free health care hence the argument of birth control? Surely it's cheaper on the Government to provide free BC than having to provide free healthcase for the subsequent pregnancies/children? (& by taking precautions, are they not having 'responsible' sex?)

Here in the UK, birth control is free (along with the rest of NHS), it's what 'we' pay our taxes for, I'm perfectly happy in that some people may use it more than me even if I've 'paid' more than them....

I think it's absolutely rediculous to expect anyone who doesn't want children to abstain from sex for the rest of their life.

Anyway, I'm still in shock that someone like Trump has managed to fool half of the USA into thinking that he'll "make America great again" (how's he actually going to that? I can't remember hearing the policies that backed that up?) I'm sure rest of the world literally 'facepalmed' when the results came it.

Time to unsubscribe!

Anyway, I'm still in shock that someone like Trump has managed to fool half of the USA into thinking that he'll "make America great again" (how's he actually going to that? I can't remember hearing the policies that backed that up?) I'm sure rest of the world literally 'facepalmed' when the results came it.
except maybe putin.

I don't know much about it tbh but things are never going to change if we don't start listening to each other. Everyone gets an equal vote, people have voted him in just like people voted for brexit which I also thought was a terrible move. Until you work out why people are voting the way they do things aren't going to get better

People don't need birth control if they aren't having irresponsible sex. There is no reason to control birth without sex. So yes, I am paying for people to be able to have sexual relations and control their ability to get pregnant while doing so.

I've got to ask. So are you saying that people should only have sex if they want children? Or are willing to risk having children even if they don't want them, or are not in a fit state to have them one way or another? Or are willing to have more children than they can reasonably provide for (and then expect the taxpayers to foot the bill if they can't)?

A friend of mine has severe mental health problems and as she would probably not be able to cope, she and her partner decided against having children. Another friend has severe epilepsy and is on medication that would have disastrous consequences for the fetus if she were to get pregnant. She will be on those meds for life. If she stopped taking them, her life would be at risk. She has decided she would rather not have children. Do you call this having irresponsible sex?

And I know several other people who just simply don't want children despite being in solid relationships, married, and so on. Some of them may want them later, some maybe not. Does that mean they should just give up having sex? Get sterilised?

Is it only certain people who should be allowed to have sex then?

Birth control has a pretty high failure rate with actual use. How many people have you heard of getting pregnant while using "protection"? The condom broke, they skipped a pill, they took antibiotics...so yes, I do think if they are unable or unwilling to care for children, they should not be engaging in sex. There is almost always a possibility of pregnancy, even with "control".

So yes, I do think people should be having sex when they are in a secure relationship, where they are resonsible enough to understand they might end up with a child and be able to deal with it.

You are wrong about the effectiveness of birth control. https://www.optionsforsexualhealth.org/birth-control-pregnancy/birth-control-options/effectiveness

And, I'll just throw this out there, not all marriages/relationships last forever. Just for the record, seeing as you mention relationship security.

So, let me get this right. You are saying, essentially, that people with disabilities who have decided to not have children because they feel they couldn't cope with the duties of parenting due to their disabilities, or who don't wish to risk passing on a condition to a putative child, or who don't want to risk birth defects that the medications they are on can cause to the fetus, or who don't want to risk dying themselves during pregnancy if they stop the medication they need to control their condition, shouldn't have sex. Because if they end up with a child, they likely wouldn't be able to deal with that. You call the fact that they use birth control having irresponsible sex? Are you for real? Is there anything else you'd like to exclude people with disabilities from - perhaps education, seeing as many need special provisions for, say, examinations, lab practicals, building/room access etc., and at least some money for that usually comes from tax?

If people don't want children for whatever reason, or don't want them at a certain point in their lives, your opinion is that they shouldn't have sex altogether. Should they just be forbidden from having relationships then, to eliminate the need for birth control? So that they won't be having what you call irresponsible sex?

And I haven't heard you say anything about people who may perhaps not be opposed to having (more) children per se, but who, very responsibly in my opinion, decide that they do not want (any more) children because they are not in a financial position to provide for them. Because if they have that second, third, fourth, seventh or whichever child, they will not be able to pay their bills, their rent, their groceries, the expensive holidays they want to go on every year, or extravagant Christmases they want every year, whatever. Blimey, some of them may even be in secure relationships, only they simply can't afford financially to have more children. All I've heard is you griping about not being entitled to receive financial aid from the state because you earn above the threshold. So having more children than you can feed, or more children than you want, is OK? Because at some point, the state financial aid will kick in? And you say that the birth of your second child meant you couldn't pay bills etc., so what happens when you get pregnant with your third, fourth, etc.? You want family aid and the taxpayers to pay for your bills, right? Because you think you are entitled to it. You are the one having irresponsible sex here.

It wasn't that long ago that many women were having a child almost every year, however much they didn't want that, and however much they risked their health (or even their lives) and sometimes the health and lives of their children by doing so, because there was no birth control to help them. (Men had their marriage rights, of course, which was unlimited sex whenever they wanted, no matter what the consequences.) Maternal and infant mortality were much higher than today. Do you fancy going back to that?

Wow.. I really can't believe what I have read? How is this even a debate?

Misspriss.. so you have only ever had sex to have children?

You have never needed to use birth control because you have only ever had sex for the sole purpose of having your children?

Wow.. I really can't believe what I have read? How is this even a debate?

Misspriss.. so you have only ever had sex to have children?

You have never needed to use birth control because you have only ever had sex for the sole purpose of having your children?

Each and every time I have sex, I am aware of and accept the possibility of having children, yes. I have used birth control in the past, but I do not now nor will I in the future.

And no, I have sex plenty to bond and enjoy with my husband not for the sole purpose of having children, but I do accept that it is a possibility each time. We use fertiltiy awareness and periodic abstinince to space our children.

I am on my phone, so I do not have the capaicty to view long posts or reply to each individual thing. My worldview is just fundamentally different than yours. Sex is a gift, to be enjoyed within the bonds of marriage, not a right of each person to enjoy recrationally for their own pleasure. That is just a fundamental difference in beliefs, and we will not get anywhere argueing specific "what ifs".

I an obviously not welcome here because my beliefs are different, so I'm out. Peace.

Some things are not just 'a difference in beliefs' but plain discrimination. You say you enjoy plenty of sex for pleasure and then say that not everyone has the right to do so......

Often the media leads us to believe that those financially worse off than ourselves are the ones getting the freebies and an easy life, but why, in this day and age when the people at the top have so much, are there people still in poverty?

Some things are not just 'a difference in beliefs' but plain discrimination. You say you enjoy plenty of sex for pleasure and then say that not everyone has the right to do so......

Often the media leads us to believe that those financially worse off than ourselves are the ones getting the freebies and an easy life, but why, in this day and age when the people at the top have so much, are there people still in poverty?

Because wrre told by the media that those on welfare or benefits are lazy and greedy.

I may be the only one but after Brexit, I genuinely wasnt surprised.

Disgusted...for sure, but i fully expected that cretin to take power.

I am yet to see an interview with Trump where he doesnt come across as a blithering idiot. The likely hood is the wall wont be built, he wont repeal obamacare BUT sadly, those are the policies people voted for. He knew what people wanted to hear and by inciting hatred, he managed to wangle his way into the oval office.

I listened to Hillary's speech after she lost and she has more about her than Trump ever will.

Oh and if you are done with Obama, we'd gladly have him over here!

Ps. I literally cannot believe someone is claiming you should ONLY have sex to have children and that you feel you pay for people to have sex. If these sort of views are shared by all Trump supporters....I wish America good luck. The next 4 years will be an eye opener for sure.

I am yet to see an interview with Trump where he doesnt come across as a blithering idiot. The likely hood is the wall wont be built, he wont repeal obamacare BUT sadly, those are the policies people voted for. He knew what people wanted to hear and by inciting hatred, he managed to wangle his way into the oval office.

I listened to Hillary's speech after she lost and she has more about her than Trump ever will.

Ps. I literally cannot believe someone is claiming you should ONLY have sex to have children and that you feel you pay for people to have sex. If these sort of views are shared by all Trump supporters....I wish America good luck. The next 4 years will be an eye opener for sure.

I was shocked after brexit but everything else I agree with. Especially Obama. That man is amazing!

Each and every time I have sex, I am aware of and accept the possibility of having children, yes. I have used birth control in the past, but I do not now nor will I in the future.

And no, I have sex plenty to bond and enjoy with my husband not for the sole purpose of having children, but I do accept that it is a possibility each time. We use fertiltiy awareness and periodic abstinince to space our children.

I am on my phone, so I do not have the capaicty to view long posts or reply to each individual thing. My worldview is just fundamentally different than yours. Sex is a gift, to be enjoyed within the bonds of marriage, not a right of each person to enjoy recrationally for their own pleasure. That is just a fundamental difference in beliefs, and we will not get anywhere argueing specific "what ifs".

I an obviously not welcome here because my beliefs are different, so I'm out. Peace.

So it was fine for you to use birth control when it suited you, but no one else should. This screams hypocrite to me. And yes, discrimination, not a fundamental difference in beliefs.

This is essentially why the world is so messed up and why people vote for candidates like Trump.

I was shocked after brexit but everything else I agree with. Especially Obama. That man is amazing!

Brexit shook me to my core. But nothing in politics surprises me anymore.

I dispair. Michelle Obama....get ready....the world will desperately need you in 2020.

I bet we'll see Michelle Obama run one day. And I doubt we've heard the last of the Clintons...Chelsea is being groomed for politics and I bet in a few decades she'll run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->