Movie - Taken

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
OMG, has anyone else seen this? It was good, but it makes me so paranoid about having a daughter!! OH is scared of Elyse OR me getting dragged into it somehow/taken.

Recently in the papers here there have been a couple stories about human trafficking.. I feel so awful for these girls :( I mean the ones who get into it usually have troubles to start with and this just.. ugh. It's one thing to be a prostitute because you choose that life and another to be someone's slave- abused, denied the money you made doing nasty things for nasty men, while most of the time you are still a child yourself!! :( It's so sick to think this is happening in places like Canada even.. you feel like you're so much safer than in places like some of Asia and Europe but really a lot of harm can still come to you :( Arg just a depressing issue it is..

It is a very good movie.... But it does make you think twice about traveling....

It's a great movie but it did make me think twice too. I traveled overseas as a teenager and I think I would let my kids too but only in a LARGE group.

I loved that movie, but I have to be honest and say it didnt make me worry about travelling at all. I can see how it would really make some people think twice.

its a fantatsic film but it is a very scary thought because in normal life it wouldnt work out like that

Lou
xxx

i loved that film and it did make me think twice about letting my kids travel when they are older.

I love that film, i could watch it time and time again.
Definalty teaches you to be carful when going away somewhere

Fantastic film and it has made me wary of travelling x

Excellent film!! But it made me really angry :grr: to think some people can do that!!

excellent film really opened my eyes to the possiblities ppl need to take extra care

I love that movie! And my OH is slightly addicted I'd say. We watch it atleast twice a week! LOL.

Although it is a really scary thought, I myself am not fearful of travelling because of the movie. Those girls were stupid, wanting to party with some random guy they just met and being dumb enough to want to save a few bucks in a cab and let him see where they were staying. Maybe 50 years ago, something like that would be ok, but in this day and age, the world is not a safe place!

Jazzy - you should definitely try and see it! It's a great movie!

I must be weird then, me and OH were so looking forward to it but were really disappointed! Just thought it extremely farfetched and not believable, as in how he managed to track her down so quickly and just killed everyone in his path, he didn't even try to talk to anyone first...lol....did make us laugh.

Liam Neeson does scrub up well for an older guy though.

A movie doesn't have to be realistic to be entertaining! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->