Moving on from Puree

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
What age did you move your LO on from Puree? Or maybe only with certain foods?

I just did a spag bol sauce for Caitlin and as mentioned in another thread mashed it but it was no more mashed than before I gave it a good bang lol! so wasn't comfortable with it ...

This is the hard bit! because their natural reaction at first will be to gag on it. Tbh I give a combination of everything. Some things I will puree because like you I'm not comfortable with it, like the beef this evening I blitzed it. But Katie has mashed veg, thats a good plave to start and I also give alot of fingers foods and try her everyday with everything. If I'm eating ham or cheese or a sandwich or fruit she'll get abit.

So long as shes having a range of different textures I definitely wouldnt worry about blended foods that are difficult for Caitlin to chew at this time :)

We probably started going a bit lumpier from 6 months onwards. It was a gradual thing and took maybe 6 weeks or so to get up to proper food (non-mashed). There's been the odd gag but they get the hang of it pretty quickly. They didn't get any teeth till quite late on so that didn't hold them back.

There are some things they're still not keen on French green beans - a bit squeeky and difficult to bite unless you totally melt them and some meats that have been a bit tough to chew - Mummy's cooking and tight Yorkshire shopping habits to blame there!

So scary at first, because they do that gagging thing and you panic all the time when feeding them. I guess it would have been more 7-8 months, slightly mashed.. then tiny chunks.

ive just tried callum on the 7+ months baby food and he absolutely loved it.

so stuck as to what else to give him, especially over salt and stuff!!

Im having REAL problems with this! Lucy went onto lumps at 7months and she still gags every meal-wrenches so bad she vomitts! She is a little sh*t at meal times and I dread it!

Good Luck Wobbs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->