Moving on in the journey from ttc

Left wonderin

Not sure lol
Reaction score
Hey everyone , I've set this thread up for all the ladies who have been o. The ttc threads for a while and now have their BFP who want to stay in touch but it is time to move over as new people have joined and talking about pregnancy and rainbows etc is insensitive :dohh:

I hope those moving on in the journey ttc after a loss who have now conceived and those with their rainbows come join us here . Of course those still ttc are welcome too but can drop by when they want to catch up :)

Cheering you all on ladies :happydance::happydance:

:hugs:

X

Well hello strangers fancy seeing ye all here :winkwink: I think we should have a virtual thread warming :wine::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk: although for one reason or another all to do with Tcc and now breast feeding I have not had alcohol in over a year !!!!! I would so love a freezing cold beer :haha: hopefully we will see everyone here :happydance:

I would love to make a toast to us ladies! And to celebrate our new thread :)

I would love a glass of wine in real life too lol

Yours is a wine , red or white ? Mine a Heineken or freezing cold Corona . Are you planning on breast feeding unexpected ?

White wine spritzer is my favourite.

Yeah, I tried breast feeding with my son but I was quite poorly after his birth and didn't really try as long as as hard as I should of, so I'm more determined this time to get it to work. Educating myself more etc.

It is the best thing I've done I love it . Was hard at the beginning getting the latch right, nearly gave up a few times but so glad I didn't . Just noticed you will have 2 under 2 right ??

Hello ladies...this thread was a great idea!!! I'll take a drink too haha

I'll take some white wine as long as its not too dry. I'm not much of a wine expert but I do know I don't like the dry stuff. I could use some good wine from Southern Ontario as I grew up in wine country. Miss that stuff! But not the ice wine. Don't really care for it and it's really expensive anyways. lol

I think the reality of baby coming finally hit DH today. I told him I had 7 weeks left which seems LONG to me (so uncomfy!) but he just stared at me and seemed rather shell-shocked. LOL Maybe he'll finally take my requests to get things finished more seriously now. I think he's finding it strange to think we'll be a family of four now and that we're finally going to be putting our TTC journey behind us. Almost 5 years since we first started TTC#1. And we only took a 10 month break after DS was born.

Hiya ladies.

I don't really even like alcohol, but maybe virtual alcohol is just fine. :thumbup:

Kinda OT (I think this is why I ended up talking preg stuff in the other thread; you're the ladies who understand the fear of being pg after a loss) - but I had more bleeding today. :( Nurse at my Dr's office wasn't concerned, said it was normal when an SCH is healing. But it's still upsetting to see. Since I hadn't bled at all since Saturday, which is what prompted the ER visit, I hoped I was done. And this was a fair bit more than it was on Saturday. And didn't look like old blood. Still a liner would have been plenty (wasn't wearing one unfortunately, but it wasn't enough to bleed through), but still...ugh. Guess I need to start wearing protection b/c I never know what is going to happen.

Also there was a girl at work who tentatively had the same due date as me. She wasn't keeping track of her periods. She went for a dating scan and to see the heartbeat today, and they didn't see one. Totally gutted for her. When I thought I was losing mine over the weekend, I thought how will I face Tonya. Now I feel bad that she has to be around me. :(

Eye- oh no huh! I hate when a doctor/nurse says "dont worry, it's normal". I swear it makes me worry more ugh...but I bled like that with my first pregnancy, especially around 9weeks. I bled red blood for a whole day during my 9th week, so it can definitely be normal...Like you said, being preg after a loss is such a nerve-wrecking experience. It's like we can't relax and every little thing makes us nervous :( Has the bleeding let up some?

Starry- that's so exciting that it finally hit you today! I can't wait to get there!!! You should sit back and relax these last few weeks, you deserve it,..

SideBote: I FELT THE BABY KICK TODAY ...YAYYYYYYYYYY . I was so excited. After I ate spaghetti for dinner the baby was kicking away. I guess he/she likes spaghetti lol

:hugs: I'm sorry you had more bleeding. When I had my SCH with DS I had all sorts of bleeding. Sometimes it was brown, sometimes it was pink, others it was orangey red and other times it was even so dark it was purple. With SCH it is expected to see bleeding start and stop. When it starts up again take the time to relax, put up your feet and drink lots of water. If you start to fill a pad or pass any clots go in to the ER even if only for reassurance. I went in about once a week throughout the first trimester. It was a pain but worth the peace of mind.

And I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Hi Starry. I'm so excited for you. I think you're the first I've seen go from ttc to pregnant to delivery (soon!) Thanks for the reassurance and the kind words. :)

Thanks Mariah. I don't think the nurse was really trying to blow me off. But still, yeah. How can I not worry?

Here's what the nurse said (we have a kind of messaging/email-type system):

"It's not uncommon to have some more spotting or light bleeding as that area heals. If the bleeding becomes heavy, where you are saturating a heavy menstrual pad every 45 minutes, then we would want you to go to the ER for assessment. Please contact me at the end of the week to let us know how you are doing, or sooner if you have any further questions or concerns."

(You better believe I'd be seeing someone if I bled even CLOSE to soaking a pad every 45 minutes. I mean dang.)

Anyway, yeh I don't think there's been any bleeding since this afternoon. But I went a good 3 days with no bleeding before too. So I don't know how long I'll have to not bleed before I can relax again!

Oh and YAAYAYAYAYAYAYYYY that's so exciting that you felt a kick! :D :D :D

Hi Starry. I'm so excited for you. I think you're the first I've seen go from ttc to pregnant to delivery (soon!) Thanks for the reassurance and the kind words. :)

Thanks Mariah. I don't think the nurse was really trying to blow me off. But still, yeah. How can I not worry?

Here's what the nurse said (we have a kind of messaging/email-type system):

"It's not uncommon to have some more spotting or light bleeding as that area heals. If the bleeding becomes heavy, where you are saturating a heavy menstrual pad every 45 minutes, then we would want you to go to the ER for assessment. Please contact me at the end of the week to let us know how you are doing, or sooner if you have any further questions or concerns."

(You better believe I'd be seeing someone if I bled even CLOSE to soaking a pad every 45 minutes. I mean dang.)

Anyway, yeh I don't think there's been any bleeding since this afternoon. But I went a good 3 days with no bleeding too. So I don't know how long I'll have to not bleed before I can relax again!

Oh and YAAYAYAYAYAYAYYYY that's so exciting that you felt a kick! :D :D :D

You know what, that nurse is so right. I was told the same thing by my nurse with the last pregnancy. The bleeding does come and go but how can we not worry?? Lol:wacko: but that's good that the bleeding has stopped, that's definitely a good sign. Anyone who feels a pad within 45mins would ruuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnn to the ER. I was so prepared! But I'm sure you will be fine...Fx'd

No cramping right?

I have mildly (very mildly) since the weekend, but not as much today actually. Not even if I think about it. You can cramp with this too though.

I have mildly (very mildly) since the weekend, but not as much today actually. Not even if I think about it. You can cramp with this too though.

Yea cramping is normal...sounds like that baby is snuggling up in your uterus. Just moving around and making themselves comfortable. Everything sounds pretty normal to me...

It is the best thing I've done I love it . Was hard at the beginning getting the latch right, nearly gave up a few times but so glad I didn't . Just noticed you will have 2 under 2 right ??

Yes I must be mad lol. There will be 22 months between them pretty much. I can't wait though I always wanted a small age gap. There was a 5 year gap between me and my sister and we never got on so I was determined to have a smaller gap.

I'll take some white wine as long as its not too dry. I'm not much of a wine expert but I do know I don't like the dry stuff. I could use some good wine from Southern Ontario as I grew up in wine country. Miss that stuff! But not the ice wine. Don't really care for it and it's really expensive anyways. lol

I think the reality of baby coming finally hit DH today. I told him I had 7 weeks left which seems LONG to me (so uncomfy!) but he just stared at me and seemed rather shell-shocked. LOL Maybe he'll finally take my requests to get things finished more seriously now. I think he's finding it strange to think we'll be a family of four now and that we're finally going to be putting our TTC journey behind us. Almost 5 years since we first started TTC#1. And we only took a 10 month break after DS was born.

I like the dry stuff too I know that much about wine :)

Awh I can't believe it's only 7 weeks to go for you. You must be so excited. I'm officially at my 20 week halway point today :)

Is this going to be your last then? we are torn between two or three

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->