Moving on in the journey from ttc

Mariah, it wil be here before you know it! :)

Hi left! Your little man is adorable! When will you be free to have a beer again?

Hi Tricia :) he is so adorable ! I am jealous of your beer I so want one ! Soon , real soon lol

Mariah make sure and take photos of your bump , time will go so quickly and you will regret it so get snapping and sharing lol

Hi mama hope your doing well :)

Yes ma'am I will get right to it.:hugs:

Aw, such sweet baby photos, everyone! I would love to show off my own Little Monkey but I can get squirrely about privacy. Even on my FB I mostly post photos of him in very private photos that only immediate family members can see. Then another setting just for extended family (plus two of my best friends who are like family) and my general friends' list sees hardly anything.

I had a huge beer craving the other day and I normally don't drink beer. I saw a poster and it looked so cool and delicious and refreshing. ha ha

Aw, such sweet baby photos, everyone! I would love to show off my own Little Monkey but I can get squirrely about privacy. Even on my FB I mostly post photos of him in very private photos that only immediate family members can see. Then another setting just for extended family (plus two of my best friends who are like family) and my general friends' list sees hardly anything.

I had a huge beer craving the other day and I normally don't drink beer. I saw a poster and it looked so cool and delicious and refreshing. ha ha

You sound just like my DH. He's very particular abt pictures. He believes some pictures are private and should only be shared with family and select ppl.

I'm not a huge beer person but I do like Coronas.

How is everyone doing? Took my little man to the zoo for the first time today he loved it :)

Hi ladies! Gonna try to catch up now. Yesterday was nuts. Sorry in advance for being all over the place. Just replying to stuff as I read it.

I agree BFing is so rewarding. It is a lot of work those first few weeks, but after a while it does get sooo much easier. I did it while working FT, so the pumping part was not so fun. But still worth it.

Hee hee two under 2 will be a little nuts, but you can do it! I have a good friend with about the same age gap with her girls. I originally wanted mine two years apart, and my angel's due date was one day after my daughter's 2nd birthday. But alas. Now mine will be about 3 years, 8.5 mos apart. Which is okay. I think it just depends on the kids. My brother and I were 2 mos short of being 5 years apart, and we always got along great. Now it's different because he's kind of an idiot. :wacko: But we love each other. The only time it was really hard was when I was getting older enough to not be into kid stuff, and he didn't understand why I didn't want to do kid stuff with him anymore. There are probably pluses and minuses to every age gap. I wanted my kids close, but it will be easier perhaps having them farther apart. And now DD can share in the excitement. And she's already eager to be a helper. :)

Starry I hope the next 7 weeks fly by. :) Even me being 9 weeks (whoa, just realized EDD is 7 mos from today!), I feel in a sense like it's forever away. Then in another sense it already seems like there's an impossible amount of stuff to do between now and then.

As for the bleeding with me, yeah I strangely have a sense of peace that things are going to be fine. Which is completely contrary to my worrywart nature. :blush: But it's still stressful and unnerving.

Starry seems reasonable to give yourself a year to make any permanent decisions. Understand being weary of the TTC.

We used to say definitely 2 with an optional 3rd. But I think deep down I really started to want that third. Now, though, I just don't know. I'm for sure never doing hormonal BC again, and I don't like the idea of an IUD for a few reasons. And I have physical problems with condoms and most lubes, so I don't dare do spermicidal things. And hubby is VERY RELUCTANT to join the v-club (I think after his BF tells him it's NBD he might not be AS averse, but idk). I think we're going to be extremely cautious for a year after delivery, then we're going to NTNP indefinitely. It'd be funny if I got pregnant easily as it has happened before. But if nothing changes from before this pregnancy, we may still end up with just our two. :shrug: I'm just SOOOO looking forward to no stress of conceiving, no stress of having to DTD at certain times, no concern about using this lube or that. It takes its toll on a marriage. DH and I are still great and everything, but our sex life has always had SOME kind of strain, and the ttc/infertility is just the most recent one. But the other issues are seemingly resolved. If we have any semblance of peace that our family could be complete, maybe we can finally have a healthy and happy sex life. WHOA I just took this on a tmi tangent lol.

Yes, the "fill the pad in under an hour" thing is NUTS. The only person I've known (before you) to ever do that was literally on death's door.

So far the spotting has let up again. I just wish I could know when it's not coming back. I don't even feel all that relieved this time because I know it could just turn up again. :( But yes, having an explanation for it helps a ton.

I can. not. WAIT!!!! to feel movement again! I have missed that feeling so much. Last time I first felt it at 17+2, so hopefully being my 2nd pregnancy I'll feel something at least by then. 7-8 weeks to wait I guess. Feels like forever away. :)

I haven't taken any pictures of my bump/bloat yet this pregnancy. There's not much to see yet, but there's a little something. Maybe I can find some old photos later. :)

Unexpected your little man is ADORABLE!!!!

Tricia, what a handsome little tiny. <3 <3

Starry I don't blame you for being cautious and not posting pics of your little guy.

And the one time I filled a pad under an hour I had two huge gushes within an hour and that was it. Though the first gush was mostly my waters. Then the m/c was over. I had passed everything and within a few hours I was down to spotting. Looking back, after that first hour it was the easiest m/c I went through physically....and that was the baby I lost at 12 weeks.

Blah.

Anyways....we don't do condoms much either. I found out the hard way that I'm most likely allergic to latex. When we made the switch to non-latex they became much better. It's still not our favourite but I refuse to go back on the pill (did horrible things to me while on it) and I'm not comfortable with IUDS. They're not 100% effective (know lots of girls who got pregnant on them) and then the pregnancy is at a higher risk....NOT what I would need or want. DH says he is very open and willing to be snipped so once we do reach that time we will be able to knock boots freely with nothing in the way! ;)

I'm sick again. Seriously. I have caught every stomach bug since Christmas. This time it's not too bad so it's tough avoiding food. I'm trying to stick to plain toast but food still looks good even though it's making things worse.

:hugs: Starry. Yeah my m/c was at 6 weeks, but that was less uncomfortable physically than a menstrual period. :-/

I don't have a latex allergy, I don't think. Because I can use latex gloves and it's no problem. But I had a lot of pain issues for years that only really got better after delivering DD. Before that, sex was always excruciating, or, at best, tolerable.

DH is willing to get snipped, but only after a 3rd. So what are my odds of my (potential) next pregnancy being twins? LOL oh dear. I've always joked about it, it'd really be something if it became a reality. It's one thing to say, "Oh we can do one more," and another to double the number of kiddos! This is just me letting my imagination get out of hand though. :p

Starry, I'm so sorry you're sick. How frustrating. Hope since you still have an appetite, maybe this is something that will come and go quickly. Really hope you're feeling better soon!

Okay I dug up some TBT pics. I posted them in another thread too, and even the thumbnails came out huge. But I'm too lazy to resize them. So I'm spoilering them for space.

Here's the last pic my mom took of me (that's why it's kinda blurry, she's kinda twitchy lol) before my DD was born. I should be right at 39 weeks. My daughter was born a few days later at 39+3. I'm glad she got this one because we got bad about taking pics toward the end. I wanted one right before or after we got to the hospital, before she was born. But ehhhh by that point I wasn't in the mood. :haha:
https://img15.imagefra.me/i94a/missinformed/px08_2ca_uavlm.jpg

I guess I look pretty small in that pic, and I was smallish, but it's also partly how I was sitting there. The last pics we took at home, I was 36+4, and I look bigger in those. So surely I was bigger yet by 39 weeks.

Here's 36+4:
https://img15.imagefra.me/i24a/missinformed/4c9o_74e_uavlm.jpg

And here was our beautiful newborn. <3
https://img10.imagefra.me/i64a/missinformed/10du_1af_uavlm.jpg

Left I completely forgot to mention earlier, so I had to come back and say I loved the pic you posted! Love seeing baby wearing daddies! :D

When I'm pregnant I seem to have no immune system so I get every bug going so I know how you feel Starry! Hope you start feeling better soon x

As for BC I was fine on the pill until I fell pregnant with my son. Then after he was born I tried going back on the pill and it didn't agree with me at all. Any type of hormonal birth control turns me into a headachey monster. So I have no idea what we will do after this baby is born. We won't want another for a couple of years if we do have another.

Eyemom - Thank you :)

Glad the spotting has stopped. Like you said at least you know where it's coming from and that the situation is under control. I honestly do have a great feeling for you. Will you be finding out the gender this time?

I totally get about pros and cons to age gaps and I didn't mean anything against larger ones I just always wanted a smaller one. But I realise it's not always possible.

I will dig out a bump picture as well...I think i was about 36 weeks I'm not sure. Looked like I'd stuffed a soccer/foot ball up my top lol. My bump was soooo high.

I will delete this too soon but I thought I'd share

This time I started showing a lot quicker. I hardly had a bump till 20 weeks last time and this time I had an obvious one from 12/13 weeks. I'm a lot bigger now at 20 weeks than I was last time.

Also as for movement I felt my son properly at 19 weeks. This time I've been feeling things since 13 weeks and clear movements since 16 :) So not that long to wait Eyemom!

Also your little girl was such a gorgeous newborn and I can see from your avatar that she is still gorgeous!!

Awh I love the bump photos and eye your little one is adorable I love the photo . Here is one of me at 39+2 waiting for LO

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 6
And this is what that bump turned into lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 6
I decided not to go back on birth control because I fear how it will affect my cycles but dr doesn't told me not until 6 months post baby is he ok. For me to get pregnant again ( nor am I ready again just yet). Condoms never did work for us... So we are just trying to be careful at thus point!

Love all the bump photos and baby photos :) they are fun.

I am attaching a bump of me at 38 weeks, boy do I look exhausted!

I have no idea why my pic uploaded sideways... Oh well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2
Oh Left fab bump pic! Also so cute to see what bump turned into lol!!

Tricia you look great!! It is sooo tiring after about 30 weeks though isn't it?

I had really wanted a small age gap too and I had nearly joined the "2 under 2" club but sadly, it was not meant to be. My LOs will still be relatively close though. DS will turn 3 a little over a month after my D.D. My SiL has spaced her 3 kids all 3 years apart so I'm told it's the perfect age gap. We shall see. ;)

I've actually been feeling a little sad. I found out a casual acquaintance from back home has had her 2 baby. She had her first about a year after ours and yet she still had her 2nd before me. Most of the girls who were pregnant with me the first time have had their second babies and some are even onto their third. I know it's not a race and it's not a contest but it just reminds me sometimes. A lot of these people's second babies were born around the time I should have been having my Fall 2012 angel. I had been pregnant alongside of them. I mean, I'm so glad to be having THIS baby and I wouldn't be having her if I had kept either of the previous two but sometimes I just get reminded of what I have lost.

And I am happy for this girl. She had m/c'd her first baby too and her son had to be induced premature due to low amniotic fluids so it's nice she could have a full-term and healthy baby who can go home with her right away.

I guess my rambles go to show that getting your rainbow doesn't remove all the sadness that comes with a loss. It helps, but it doesn't take it completely away.

I do know what you mean. I had just one loss and it broke my heart. Sometimes I still cry for that baby and wonder what he or she would have been like. Also I just want this pregnancy over with so I can see my baby and hold her, I don't like being pregnant it's too much worry! I should be more like 30 weeks than 20 weeks :(

I'm always happy for people but like you I sometimes feel sad. Literally five of my friends have had babies over the last 3 weeks. All of them told me they were pregnant near the time of my miscarriage. As happy as I am for them to have their beautiful babies here and safe I'm sad that I lost mine.

*hugs* totally get how you feel

Sorry you ladies are catching all the bugs. :( When I'm not pregnant, I usually have an immune system of steel, but last several months, it's like I catch every cold possible. I seem to have finally gotten rid of this last one, so praying I can stay healthy now. I took a lot of Mucinex because of a bunch of congestion around TTC time when I got pregnant, so maybe at least that bug was a blessing!

Good luck unexpected. After my DD was born, we just used the withdrawal method. After AF returned, sometimes we didn't if I was SURE I was NOWHERE EVEN REMOTELY near ovulation time. Even as I was BFing, my period came back quick and it was regular. Guess my body just really likes to ovulate, for all the good it does me.

I will definitely want to know the sex of this baby. I can't handle suspense! Plus I'm dying to know if I need to buy any boy stuff. Before I got pregnant again, I thought we'd have a boy next. But I'm really getting a girl vibe now. But who knows!

Unexpected, I love your pic! Also, from what I can tell, looks like your DS is your Mini Me! I love it!

Left you looked great! Looks like you have a sweet fur baby too. :)

Tricia I don't think you look overly exhausted, but maybe you felt like it! I think you looked fantastic!

You ladies rock the preggie bodies. ;)

:hugs: Starry sorry for how you're feeling. It is understandable. I kinda felt the same way with my friend I mentioned before. Not the one with the possible/likely MMC, but my DH's BFF and his wife who are expecting. They started trying several months after us, and they took a few mos to conceive this time (not sure if it was enough to really worry, but a fair bit longer than the last time, so it was hard on her). I am SO THRILLED to have babies the same age again, and I'm mostly just overjoyed to finally be pg. But I can't shake the jealousy that her EDD is 2 weeks before mine. It's kinda dumb, but still. My DH has shared in my emotions with loss and infertility basically every step of the way, but with this even he thinks I'm kinda nuts. ;) But yeah you just can't help but think of what might have been. I feel a peace I haven't felt since my m/c now, but I still mourn THAT baby.

Feeling mostly better today. But around lunch I was showing DS my belly and once again explaining I had a baby in there. He was patting my belly when he started to smack it before I could stop him. I don't know what he did but my stomach has been hurting ever since. Not in a contraction sort of way but more of a pinching, nauseating sort of way. Urgh. And I still think DS believes my now-outie belly button is the baby. He presses it every time I explain about the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->