MRI during pregnancy?!?!

MizGitchel

Reaction score
Hi, I have to have a MRI requested by my OBGYN in the second trimester, I'm almost 10 weeks now... I was wondering if anyone has heard of any dangers to the baby. It's of my brain. I have two calsified aneurisms on my brain. Something I already knew about but the doctor wants a 3rd opinion. A little scared??? yes.. but I'm not going to stress about it, I don't want to jeopardize my babies health by ANY means. Thanks for your input!

If it is on your brain, the MRI is pretty localized so I don't think it would be highly dangerous for the baby.
https://www.parkhurstexchange.com/qa/A.php?q=/qa/Imaging/2000-04-33.qa
Does the dr. really consider this necessary ?

Yeah, since it is on your brain and not on your belly, only your head will be exposed to the magnetic resonance.
I hope everything works out.

No radation is given with an MRI. If your overly concerned, I would voice it to the technologist. Does the facility doing the MRI know your pregnant? I only ask because where I work our radiologist wouldn't perform an MRI on a pregnant patient intill she was in her late 2nd tri, early 3rd tri. Though that patient was pregnant with twins and had a tumor on her spine. BTW her babies where born very healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->