MRI Scan

Justme

Reaction score
Hello,

I have to have an MRI scan in a couple of weeks(the letter came this morning),I had one in september last year and although I did grin and bare it I could feel myself getting very worked up and claustraphobic.My last scan lasted about 40 minutes so Im guessing this will be the same.Have any of you had one? does anyone know how I go about asking for a sedative or something?The letter doesnt mention anything about it so I dont know wether its avaliable (Google says that sedatives should be avaliable lol).Knowing me i'll just try and bare it again but would like the option.

Thanks in advance

I recently had my first MRI which lasted about 15-20 mins. I guess I went in there feeling a little cocky because I'd had a CT scan a couple of weeks before and I thought they were quite similar, I know different now tho.

I felt quite uneasy while in the machine, I just concentrated on the music (I took my own CD which they played for me). In the letter I received for my appointment were some forms to fill in, and I'm sure it said something about it being possible for people to be given a sedative in certain circumstances.

Maybe you could give them a call (there is normally a contact number on the appointment letter) and just discuss your concerns with them. I'm sure they deal with things like this all the time.

my god i so no how u feel...ive had 2 before the first 1 i didnt really no what to expect so managed to last by thinking ah il be out in a min but the second time i hated and both times the headphones!! were!! broke!! so i had nothing to concentrate on other then thinking i want to get out of this machine i was literally about 2 press the button to get me out when they sed ok all done now. i wud defo ask to be sedated they shud be able to do i mean hey if i get sedated at the dentistim sure u can with this x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->