MS has started, constantly hungry

emicakess

Reaction score
Ugh, I'm miserable with nausea but havent thrown up yet, although ive felt close to it. The only thing thats helps is if i eat, but nothing sounds good. Also ive already gained 5+ lbs and i look it too.. so im trying to think of things to eat, since i have to eat constantly, that is healthier than granola bars and crackers. Which is what i reach for when im tired and sick and need to eat. Any ideas? I just ate a cheese stick and grapes. But i need more..

Constantly hungry this time vs last pregnancy. I actually started having smoothies for lunch so I don't gain too fast (and get my veggies down yuck). My fav snacks are avocados (a sprinkle or salt and chili powder), chicken noodle soup, broccoli and cheese baked potato, sliced apples with almond butter and cottage cheese or yogurt with fruit.

Ah thank you pandi, those are all great suggestions. I should start doing smoothies too. I am really hoping this is just a fluke thing for a few days because i am so exhausted and sick i can barely function but i need to start packing for our week long trip that is in a week. I'm so pooped and everyone thinks im being dramatic. Im not, seriously i WANT energy. I feel bad i have barely done anything with May this week

Sorry just venting now lol.

Pandi that is neat that we are preggers at the same time again :)

Pandi that is neat that we are preggers at the same time again :)

I know Emi right? I think we are reversed this time and your a bit ahead of me tho :) I was never this hungry last time and I hope it passes soon lol. I hope you're going somewhere nice for your upcoming trip.

I was exactly the same ! 10lb gain 😷 I'm 10 weeks now and it's only been the last few days I've felt semi human ... it's amazing ! I was soooooo depressed feeling so sick & like you eating was the only thing that helped plus I was constantly starving! ..... I'm hoping I can undo a bit of damage now :) .... xxxx

I posted the same at about 7 weeks! I had put on 4lb in two weeks! But I'm now 11 + 3 and have only put on another 1 lb on those 4 weeks thank goodness!

I was eating chocolate and now I'm trying to eat chopped apples and yogurts instead. I have found vimto and fanta which are diet so sipping on diet drinks and eating regularly.

My tummy is HUGE bigger than I was at 18 weeks with my son. I'm hoping it will slow down now :)

It's so tough as I feel so drained and sick all the time the only way to feel better is food! And I love my food so I feel for you x

I'm feeling like this too. Constantly feel sapped of energy and completely blah. Not been sick, but feel like I have to eat every few hours to stave off the nausea. Nothing appeals today though, but I need to eat to stop feeling rubbish! Feeling sorry for myself!

Ugh ladies, its changed now. I have constant severe nausea alllllllll day and can barely eat anything. Tgrew up 3 times today. I cant tell if im hungry or need to throw up. I don't even feel human anymore, im just so tired and sick. It hit me like a ton of bricks :cry:

Im postponing my trip, no way can i go on vacation like this. I dread waking up in the morning and getting through my day. Sorry i am very greatful and blessed im just miserable!! Ive tried ginger ale, sea bands, eating crackers before getting out of bed, snacking throughout the day. Nothing helps now :(

oh no shame I hope it passes soon for you ... I too am feeling sick but as soon as I eat or drink some ginger tea it settles

I put the sea bands on last night and today I'm feeling a lot better. Still pretty queasy and its uncomfortable but after the past few days anything other than absolutely miserable i am not taking for granted! Got some cleaning done today. Past few days all i could do was lay around and feel like crud. So happy to not be a vegetable today. I thought that was going to go on for weeks. FX it doesnt come back.

Hope all you ladies are hanging in there! Still hard to find things to eat, nothing sounds very good

I feel your pain love, I have awful fatigue, food aversion & nausea & I have physically been sick a few times.

Eating is a real struggle because everything smells disgusting. I was so much worse in my last pregnancy & the only food I could eat was plain cooked pasta with grated cheese & plain rice with chicken oxo cube for a little bit of flavour.

During the first trimester I just try & eat what I can without worrying about weight gain. Working on reducing weight gain can come later when the sickness has subsided & you have more energy.

Have you tried eating really plain foods little & often, stuff like wheetabix, cornflakes, super noodles, stuff that needs no or little amount of cooking, so no smell to put you off.

I also find moving around a little bit with rest in between makes me feel a bit better. It's hard at first because I have zero energy but if I try & do stuff round the house with frequent rests I feel much better the next day. I felt shocking on Sunday & stayed in bed most of the day. Yesterday I felt awful but I had the school run to do & my 3y/o at home to take care off so I didn't have much choice to move. I woke up this morning feeling better than yesterday so today I'm trying to do the same, move a bit with rest in between.

I hope you start feeling better soon, first tri is the worse :(

Thank you so much Torz, omg everything sounds so gross right now tbh. I got some lunch in me. We don't have a microwave right now either and it's making life even more difficult! I have found I feel better once I get going too, it's just getting started is so hard. I'm sooooo tired. First trimester wasn't that bad with my last two pregnancies, now I know what a first trimester feels like for most ladies! At least it means the pregnancy is likely going well <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->