Mt husbands semen analysis results...

Janene2005

Reaction score
My husband was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma when I was 6 months pregnant with our first. He had to do 6 months of chemo, finished on March 8th 2012, and 6 weeks of radiation finished on July 24th 2012. As a precaution, my OBGYN wanted to have a semen analysis done to make sure it was ok before we started trying again. This was his first analysis so we don't know what it was before the chemo but we have a healthy, beautiful 13 month old boy so I'm assuming it was good. He had it done December 28th and we got the results today. They are as follows...

Volume - 1.5mL
Liquefaction Time - less then 60min
Sperm Count - 50 million
Sperm Shape - normal 7%, abnormal head 91%, abnormal middle 2%, abnormal tail 0%
Sperm Movement - rapid 0%, slow 30%, non-progressive 10%, non-mobile 60%
Semen PH - 7.8
Color - White

Unfortunately my OBGYN is out of the office for a week and I can't get an explanation from her until then. But I'm dying to know what that all means so my questions are; Are we more at risk for a baby with birth defects because so many sperm have abnormalities? Will we be able to get pregnant naturally with only 30% moving slowly forward and it will just take longer? How bad are these results, good, fair, poor, really poor? And basically what are our chances of conceiving?

I also have PCOS but we dealt with that when we were trying to conceive the first time so I'm already taking Metformin and will be starting Clomid as soon as I go off birth control. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

It depends what scale they are grading the shape (morphology) on. In Kruger the norm is 4% I believe. I could be wrong about which is which. Also you can increase motility with supplements. It looks like everything else is great so I wouldn't worry. I gave my DH a cocktail of 12 supplements for 3 months and his motility went from 15% to 95% at our IUI. Also as far as birth defects, I believe the abnormal shaped sperm cannot fertilize an egg so no worries there. I've been researching this stuff for months. Lol. Id say your results are fair.

Also, In my experience, drs seem to frown upon supplements, but I've only heard good results so I took it into my own hands.

Can I chime in,

My DH SA just came back with 0% Morphology on the Kruger scale. Our options are to TRY IUI, but he doesn't think it will work. He thinks IVF is our only options. He gave my DH a list of vit. that will help with morph. If you are interested they are listed bellow.

"MALE SUPPLEMENTATION IN AN EFFORT TO IMPROVE
SPERM PARAMETERS

Option A
Take all of the following supplements daily as listed. They can be purchased from your local pharmacy or Vitamin Cottage or GNC.

• L carnitine 2 grams/day, taken as 1000mg twice a day
• Acetyl L carnitine 1 gram/day, taken as 500 mg twice a day
• CoEnzyme Q10 200 mg/day taken as 100 mg twice a day
• Vitamin E 400 IU/day, taken once a day
• Selenium 200 mcg/day, taken once a day

M. Bush, M.D. (01/27/2006)
*** For results of this therapeutic regimen, please see data on website for PROXEED (Google in PROXEED).

OR

Option B
Take Proxeed powder, mixed in water twice a day.

Purchase online through their website www.proxeed.com or by doing a google search for Proxeed.

Continue on vitamin regime until you conceive or until instructed by your doctor to discontinue. "

hi...

Me : 27 (PCOS)
DH : 33

my DH report says he has 41% motility ,Abnormal form 90% and volume 3.8ml and doctor suggested us for ICSI. are there any chances my DH can improve his motility ?? what should me eat to do so...

Please Please help me.....

check my post above for what my doc recommended. I was told it will make a difference in sperm health over all. My doc said to give it at least 2 months before you see a difference.

Hi thanks for reply :)

we had approached a private Hospital who suggested us ICSI, can u please tell me is it ok to go with it or should wait for 2 months until my DH count increases so that we can go for IUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->