MTHFR C677T Heterozygous

theiska

Reaction score
Well, the blood work is in and I have the mutation listed I the title. I have read some studies indicating if father carries the gene as well, this can spell trouble. That could explain why ex husband and I have 3 gorgeous children with no difficulty,but I had difficulty carrying someone else's children.

Anyone with experience with this mutation? Everything else looks normal.

I don't have personal experience, but I've read a few things about it (research junkie here...). One think I know is that MTHFR can cause a buildup of homocysteine and impares your ability to use folic acid from a supplement and actually leads to more buildup which can affect pregnancies. This is really simplistic. But I also read they're finding that sometimes you can have this happening in later pregnancies. Even if everything has gone ok previously. Will they test your partner?

You want to find a supplement with methyl-folate instead of folic acid and eat folate rich foods. Your doctor may also prescribe a baby aspirin regimen or a blood thinner for the first trimester of a future pregnancy. Hon, you've been through so much. I'm so sorry my heart just aches for you. Sending hugs :hug:

I don't think we will be testing him, since the relationship has ended. I'm seeing a few different doctors. Hopefully I can get a good understanding of what's going on. I think the next step is to check my homocysteine levels, folate and B12.

Thanks for the supports. Hugs back your way.

Oh my gosh I'm so mortified I completely forgot you said in another thread that your relationship had ended. Please forgive my complete idiocy! I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you get some answers soon.

Lol its ok. I can barely keep track of own life lately. I don't expect anyone else to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->