Mucinex...recommended by Fertility doc.

Soulfulbaby

Reaction score
So we are trying the Mucinex version of attempting to get preggers, as this medicine has "Guaifenesin," which is the active ingredient to thin out mucus, so in essence, it would thin out Hostile CM.

I started last week, and now I am charting my OV, which started today. I'm estimating that Fertility time should be around the 28th. Fingers crossed. My DH and I have been trying for the last 3 years.

We have had some bumps in the road, but those have all cleared away, and we are cleared to start trying again.

Question, has anyone else tried the Mucinex and succeed?

I haven't tried mucinex but I had a friend who did. She said she would have more days of ewcm.

Question for you though since I'm interested in staring it...when did your doc recommend you start taking it during your cycle? I'm guessing abot a week before O?

When do you stop taking it? Right after O?

Hi!

depending on your cycle...I started the Mucinex 600 mgs on day 7 of my cycle. I started the OV testing on day 11. I've been instructed to take the Mucinex till day 23.

We are optomistic, and if it doesn't work on this first try, we're going to keep trying :) that's all we can do. :)

I wish you all the best of luck!! :hugs:

oopss..OV time is supposed to be around Jan 28th, so then I would stop taking the Mucinex around Jan 31st. :)

I am thinking abuut trying this, since I have a cough, and it would help CM as an added bonus. :)

So, you're taking it every day? Have you noticed any difference yet? Does it make you feel weird (I ask because I know Mucinex DM makes me feel really weird and lightheaded)??

Hope it works for you!! :dust:

Hello Ladies, I've been thinking about try this as well.. I believe there are two different types of Mucinex...I think the DM is the one that dries out as well, and the other once just loosens everything.. I could be wrong though, has anyone else heard this? Let us know!!
Good luck and :dust: to you all!

Yes you need to get the regular mucinex, not dm. :)

I haven't tried it myself but I've heard many success stories about it, so I'd go for it :)

I think I will! :thumbup: I'll be out this afternoon (have to go to a baby shower for my cousin's girlfriend, who I've never met, and I'm pretty sure got pregnant accidentally :() so I'll stop at CVS while I'm out. Come on Mucinex!

I tried the Mucinex last cycle, and I didnt get as much EWCM as I was expecting. It was still scant. However, this cycle I used EPO and it raining:rain:

So we are trying the Mucinex version of attempting to get preggers, as this medicine has "Guaifenesin," which is the active ingredient to thin out mucus, so in essence, it would thin out Hostile CM.

I started last week, and now I am charting my OV, which started today. I'm estimating that Fertility time should be around the 28th. Fingers crossed. My DH and I have been trying for the last 3 years.

We have had some bumps in the road, but those have all cleared away, and we are cleared to start trying again.

I tried the Mucinex last cycle, and I didnt get as much EWCM as I was expecting. It was still scant. However, this cycle I used EPO and it raining:rain:

Same results here...mucinex didn't do much for me at all but EPO made all the difference in the world. Even DH noticed it was a lot more "slippery" when BD'ing lol!

Same results here...mucinex didn't do much for me at all but EPO made all the difference in the world. Even DH noticed it was a lot more "slippery" when BD'ing lol!

Yea, I tried the mucinex this time around as well, and it really didnt seem to do much other than giving me another pill to take. Im thinking of replacing it with EPO in Feb. (if needed, since i just got another even more positive OPK on cycle day 25 of a 34 day cycle.)

Hello Ladies!!

I'm in my fertile time, as the calendar goes, but it appears that I'm darn near close to OV time, some we've been "gettin' busy." lol.

As for Mucinex, the DM is NOT what you want. You want the blue and white box, that ONLY has "Guaifenesin," as the active ingredient.

NOTE: If you drink loads of soda pop, coffee, tea, etc...change it to water H20..and drink TONS OF WATER...I mean more than 8 glasses per day. Mucinex does help THIN out the CM, but it will also dry you up if you don't drink TONS OF WATER..(I think y'all get the drift on the water..lol)

Also, with me, I have hostile cervical mucus. So when we have sex, the sperm is "blocked" from traveling up the baby making route..I have been advised that "Evening Primrose Oil" from Day 1 of Menstrual Cycle to Ovulation day. Then stop taking the Primrose, and take Flaxseed oil from day after OV Day to start of Period. The Evening Primrose is supposed to help with the CM and NOT dry you out, but it also helps with the follicles, breast tenderness, cramping etc..

The Evening Primrose Oil offers a lot of great benefits for PMS and Fertility. Please check out Babyhopes website.

(Apparently b/c I have not posted 10 posts, I cannot post websites.)

Under "What is the dosage for Evening Primrose Oil or EPO?" It will discuss when to take the flaxseed oil..

Now back to tracking my symptoms with Mucinex...starting yesterday, I have been experiencing the OV cramping. And, watch out..the MOOD of the day >> Bitchy!! Lol. I had to call my DH at work, and apologize for yelling at him for putting something on the back seat of the SUV. Yikes!!

Next cycle is with Mucinex, Evening Primrose and Flaxseed oil capsules.

Hey ladies, those of you wanting to start taking EPO take heed, apparently it makes a lot of women have a really long follicular phase, meaning they ovulate LATER (I read about one woman who usually had a 31 day cycle and ended up having a 50 something day cycle the month she took EPO) which a lot of you wouldn't be happy about, but if you got lots of ewcm it may be worth it!

I started taking 3000mg of EPO on cd1 and today is cd10 and really, I had more CREAMY cm earlier on in my cycle but I haven't had any more ewcm than usual, in fact I never have ewcm so I don't know how I'm going to conceive. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->