Mucous plug??

TTC our first

Reaction score
Hi! I'm currently going on 25 weeks this Thursday. I was in bathroom today before my shower and had a large yellowish/clear thick long thing just fall out. Isn't it too soon to be having the plug start to fall out or could I be something different? This is my third pregnancy I lost my first baby in second trimester and went full term with my second. Any ideas would be very much appreciated!! Not sure if it should be concerned or not

It could be increased mucus/discharge production, I have experienced the same a number of times, and thought the exact same thing, that it looked exactly like my plug would. I noticed that I tend to have it more often after DH and I have done the deed recently.

I'd keep an eye out for labor signs though, just in case.

It could just be discharge. It's normal to get an increased amount when pregnant. However I'd keep an eye out for other problems/symptoms (reduced movement/losing waters etc). Call your midwife/doctor if you are really concerned and I'm sure they would check you over given your history. Remember the mucus plug can regenerate so even if you did lose a bit it's not necessarily serious just yet.

I always get this the day after me and oh have done the deed to my midwife said its normal x

Thanks! Haven't done the deed in a long while. It wasn't really wet was thick semi firm yellowish clear long peice that fell out. No cramping and no blood or pink so I'll just monitor. Baby is still moving slightly so guess that it'll just regenerate. Should I call dr just to let them know? I just feel like a bother calling

Trust your gut, if it were me especially with previous losses, I would call, I'd rather be safe than have regrets later in case it did turn into something more serious :hugs:

I had that with my second pregnancy although it was clear and snot like. it started at 11 weeks and happened 4 times in that pregnancy he's now 1 and very cheeky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->