Mucus, mucus,mucus!

littlemisscie

Carrying #3❤
Reaction score
Just hopped into second trimester and am hoping for some help! Since day 1 I have had mucus like no ones business. I am stuffed up and snotty beyond belief. It's to the point I'm going through my inhaler (I have bad asthma) faster than insurance will fill them!

I've been taking Zyrtec but it's not really helping. I'm so sick of it! Anyone have any other suggestions? Does it ever stop or will I have it through 40 weeks? Help!:cry::coffee::shrug:

I've noticed periods throughout pregnancy where it's like I have allergies or a head cold without the rest of the cold symptoms, then they ease off but come back again. No advice really, I'm sorry. The neti pot has been a life saver for me when I start getting all snotty though. I would strongly suggest you talk to your doctor about your asthma, I know insurance can be a major pain in the butt, but sometimes if a doctor pre-authorizes the necessity they'll pay for the prescription even if it's an early fill.

I've had what feels like a constant cold (without the feeling poorly bit) from pretty much day 1. My midwife says it's pregnancy rhinitis and due to the increased blood flow and hormones. I literally spend all day either not being able to breathe or blowing my nose! I get really bad nose bleeds from over blowing as well!

Seems mine is going to last all pregnancy at this point.. I use a saline nasal spray every day which is helpful at night time, relieves the pressure and helps me breathe a bit better.

Sorry to not have any positive news :( Everyone is different though, you might find it goes away in the second trimester when your hormones calm down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->