Muesli

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
Can babies have it? Heebs loves porridge but I'd like to vary breakkie a bit :D

ooh, don't know, but I'll be watching to find out! I suppose if it's soaked nicely in milk, it should be ok. Does Hebe eat raisins and things yet?

I've not tried raisins with her yet but knowing the human dustbin she will! :lol: she loves strawberries and that's what got me thinking about muesli with some strawbs on Kat....mmmmm....

I've not tried raisins with her yet but knowing the human dustbin she will! :lol: she loves strawberries and that's what got me thinking about muesli with some strawbs on Kat....mmmmm....

Mmmmmmm! Well make her some - and if she doesn't want it, you'll have to eat it!!!:dohh:

Another cracking idea!! Why didnt I think of it!! :rofl:

is it not really high in salt and sugar?? spose you can get low salt/sugar ones, but they taste ming!! i would have thought it was too coarse for babies, i'm sure the packets of baby museli say over a year old??

We have muesli for babies here, Jasmine loves it and has been having it since 6 months... We have whole wheat with raisans too.

I was wondering about the salt or sugar content. I prefer not to buy the baby stuff but obv I dont wanna feed her stuff that's not gonna be good for her. I think she could manage the texture if I let it stand in the milk for a bit??

hmm ya sorry I dont know about regular cereal. I know the baby muesli I buy can be made quite thick because it isn't powder, it has a texture, I think you could make it thick enough for her to eat with her hands if thats what you want.

i'd just be dead geeky and stand in the cereal aisle for like an hour going thru every kind of muesli and look at all the salt and sugar contents :rofl: i'd think somethin like the dorset ones that are all organicy and stuff would probs be quite low in aditives. orrr...make your own :lol:

:rofl: Great nickname, Lisa!

Muesli sounds a great idea for brekkie; it's making me hungry! I'll keep an eye on this thread for the time a few months from now when Alyssa's ready for it.

Found this recipe that looks good! https://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/books_food/7mthrecipes/7mthmuesli.asp

omg that recipe looks well yummy! muesli for breckers tomorrow i think!! saves lookin a geek in the shops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->