Multiple IVF cycles/transfers & no baby

beneathmywing

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wanted to get a group together of us who have had multiple IVF cycles/transfers and still have no baby.. sucky group to be in, but unfortunately I've just undergone my third cycle/fourth transfer and am still empty handed. Two of those four transfers were early losses and I just had a chemical for my fourth transfer. I am feeling hopeless.. and pretty alone =(

I'm here :) You know my story... but it'll be interesting to see if there are others going through multiple failed transfers.

x

Morning ladies

I just wanted to pop in and say please don't give up hope. My story is in my sig but I'm currently 18 weeks with my first after 3 fresh cycles and 5 transfers in total. This is from an FET transfer back in Feb.

The only advice I can give you is to try something different - it may only be a very tiny tweak that's needed. In my case I think it was down regging for the transfer rather than relying on my own hormones to get the lining ready - or it was just luck. Who knows. But your happy ending is out there...

Xx

Thank you tooexcited... it's a lack of funding now for us that is stopping us from continuing. We've spent about £15,000 so far and have nothing left to give.

Feeling like IVF has officially defeated us.

Can I join in? I've had 2 cycles where I failed to even get to transfer? Hope that's ok to be here? x

I'm here :) You know my story... but it'll be interesting to see if there are others going through multiple failed transfers.

x

Hi lovey!

Morning ladies

I just wanted to pop in and say please don't give up hope. My story is in my sig but I'm currently 18 weeks with my first after 3 fresh cycles and 5 transfers in total. This is from an FET transfer back in Feb.

The only advice I can give you is to try something different - it may only be a very tiny tweak that's needed. In my case I think it was down regging for the transfer rather than relying on my own hormones to get the lining ready - or it was just luck. Who knows. But your happy ending is out there...

Xx

Thank you so much! My next transfer will be my fifth so fingers crossed that'll be my lucky one too.

Can I join in? I've had 2 cycles where I failed to even get to transfer? Hope that's ok to be here? x

Hiii Hun! Yes! You're welcomed! :)

Hey ladies! I know most of you from other threads at some point or another. It completely sucks that we are all in this same boat. My story is in my sig, but I'm currently in an FET cycle, this will by my 4th transfer. Hope is something I don't have much of right now.
Love the idea of this thread though! Thanks for starting it.

Hey ladies! I know most of you from other threads at some point or another. It completely sucks that we are all in this same boat. My story is in my sig, but I'm currently in an FET cycle, this will by my 4th transfer. Hope is something I don't have much of right now.
Love the idea of this thread though! Thanks for starting it.

Hi sweety! Welcome! Hope your next cycle is the one! Are you trying anything different this time around?

I did an endometrial scratch, that's pretty much the only difference. Not a fun procedure at ALL, but here's hoping it helps!

I did an endometrial scratch, that's pretty much the only difference. Not a fun procedure at ALL, but here's hoping it helps!

I had one done before my second transfer! It wasn't too too bad for me. Hope it helps!

Ladies, what is everyone's next steps going forward?

AFM: I had immune blood work done right after finding out my transfer was a chemical to see if I had a flare.. I am worried either way. If there was a flare, the immune suppressants I was on didn't work and I'll probably need more/stronger suppressants; if there wasn't a flare, I am guessing doctors are going to lean towards the losses being more of an egg quality issue. I should have my results back within this month, hopefully. Either way, DH and I need to save money in order to do any future treatments. We are so broke =(

I hear you on being broke!! I just had my lining check, it's at 14mm and trilaminar, so ding intralipids this Friday and transfer next Friday. Pushed back a few days because the Dr I want (more success) is unavailable Tuesday. Fingers are crossed to the max!

I hear you on being broke!! I just had my lining check, it's at 14mm and trilaminar, so ding intralipids this Friday and transfer next Friday. Pushed back a few days because the Dr I want (more success) is unavailable Tuesday. Fingers are crossed to the max!

That's great! Is this your first time doing Intralipids?

Nope, 3rd time. We did the immunology work up after my first IVF failed.

Nope, 3rd time. We did the immunology work up after my first IVF failed.

I've had it done for two transfers. I don't know if it has helped though. I guess I'll know now once my work up comes back after my chemical.

Yeah, some Dr's believe in it, others don't. I'm good with doing it if there's a chance it could help!

Hey girls,

Amanda, I recognise you from other threads.. sending you so much luck for this transfer!

Beneath, hope the results from your tests give you some kind of insight to why this cycle didn't work out. It's awful not knowing, that's the limbo we are in now and it is sucky.

AFM - had my follow up yesterday after our 3rd failed transfer. My doctor couldn't give me any reasons to why this hasn't worked for us again. He said egg quality was good, sperm quality was good and that the odds just haven't fallen on our side. Not really what you want to hear when you've exhausted all funds. I personally don't believe it is down to luck and instead believe that there is an underlying issue that hasn't been picked up on.

I haven't had my hormones tested since 2014 but yesterday asked him for my last results and they were FSH 7.4, LH 4.5

Any idea what these results mean girls?

I am going to get re-tested with my GP

x

Hi, may I join in?

I have only had one IVF stim cycle, but tomorrow we are having our 5th Blastocyst transfer. We have had 1 fresh transfer with resulted in a mmc at 7 weeks and 4and tomorrow's FET will be our 4th.

We have unexplained infertility. I ovulate on my own and OH is fine. So we are not really sure where to go next if our FET doesn't work.

Hey girls,

Amanda, I recognise you from other threads.. sending you so much luck for this transfer!

Beneath, hope the results from your tests give you some kind of insight to why this cycle didn't work out. It's awful not knowing, that's the limbo we are in now and it is sucky.

AFM - had my follow up yesterday after our 3rd failed transfer. My doctor couldn't give me any reasons to why this hasn't worked for us again. He said egg quality was good, sperm quality was good and that the odds just haven't fallen on our side. Not really what you want to hear when you've exhausted all funds. I personally don't believe it is down to luck and instead believe that there is an underlying issue that hasn't been picked up on.

I haven't had my hormones tested since 2014 but yesterday asked him for my last results and they were FSH 7.4, LH 4.5

Any idea what these results mean girls?

I am going to get re-tested with my GP

x

Not having a solid reason for failure has to be the worst thing! My FSH is is the 10's and I have DOR, so yours looks pretty good as they like to see is below 9. I am not too sure about LH, though. I would definitely get your hormone levels retested since it's been a while!

Hi, may I join in?

I have only had one IVF stim cycle, but tomorrow we are having our 5th Blastocyst transfer. We have had 1 fresh transfer with resulted in a mmc at 7 weeks and 4and tomorrow's FET will be our 4th.

We have unexplained infertility. I ovulate on my own and OH is fine. So we are not really sure where to go next if our FET doesn't work.

Hii, welcome! :wave:

So sorry for your loss =( I know how hard it is. I hope this transfer is your luck one!!! LOTS of luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->