Multiple MC's - was your recovery the same each time?

Round2

Lucky Mom of 2
Reaction score
Just wondering, I'm about to go in for my second D&C in 6 months tomorrow. My recovery from the first was terrible, it took over a month for HCG to go down, months of bleeding, then clots for another few months. I got to 8 weeks the first time, this time 9 weeks. Just curious what to expect.

Thanks girls!!

UPDATE....4 weeks later

I like to give updates just in case others have the same question.......

My recovery has been MUCH better this time. I'm happy to report, that I got my first AF exactly 25 days after my D&C (right on schedule for me). HCG is gone and I'm clot free. I really never thought in a million years that my body would bounce back this fast. I guess that's the tiny silver lining to all this crap. Now, time to start working on the x-mas BFP! Good luck girls and thanks for your help.

Sorry, I don't have any experience to share but just wanted to give you some :hugs: and say all the best for tomorrow! Are they going to do any tests for you to find out whether there's something causing your losses? I really hope you'll have an easier time this time around! :hugs:

Thanks Amy. The hospital where I'm getting the D&C done does not test the fetus. I participated in a random study a few years ago about miscarriages (ironically before I had one) so I've had most of the blood tests done. I'm not sure what else they can do for me. The doctors have decided to call it 'really bad luck'....I'm thinking I should go buy a lottery ticket or something....

Hey round2,

I am so sorry for your losses I have just suffered my third loss. I had an erpc with my first loss I was 12 weeks but we found out that the baby had died at 10 weeks :cry: my second loss was a very early natural loss so no need for surgery but the baby I have just lost I had another erpc done I was 9 weeks but the baby had died at about 5 and half weeks :cry:

I expected that I would react the same way as I did after the first erpc but it has been totally different this time I havnt bleed half as much as I did last time but have had a lot of pain Its been 11 days since my erpc and I am still bleeding only lightly but enough to need a panity liner/st its a bit stoppy and startey sometimes very light then gets heavier which is very frustrating. My hormones seem all over the place but I definitetly dont feel pregnant anymore where as with my first one I felt like half my body still thought it was pregnant and the other half didnt have a clue what was going on. First time I got my first AF after a month so hoping that will be the same this time round. I hope this helps they have been very different i dont know if thats because I wasnt as far a long as last time or its just my body reacting differently.

I wish you all the best and hope your ok as best you can if theres anything I can do to help if you just want to chat then feel free to pm me.

Hi Lucy,

I'm really so to hear about your loss too. What anwful 6 months it has been! It's good to hear that your body seems to be reacting a little better this time. I had the on and off bleeding last time too and it was dreadful. But hormones going down is a good thing.

Thanks for sharing your story, it does help.

I have suffered 2 losses this year and my recovery after the surgeries has been fairly quick. My first loss (at 16 weeks) my hcg was negative at three weeks post surgery and had a normal af at 5 weeks. I managed to concieve the next month but had another mmc at 6weeks. It took 6 weeks after the second mmc for af to return. Im now debating on trying for a third time this year. If dh and i conceive in november the baby will be due on our birthdays. I think getting a baby as a birthday present would be amazing if i can get one to hang in there. sorry for your loss dear, i hope your physical and emotional recovery is speedy. good luck

Good luck Essie. I think a birthday baby would wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry for your losses Round2, I do remember you from other threads but I had a different username then. I didn't have a D&C but my first natural MC at 8wks (baby died at 6) and at 11wks (baby died at 8) were completely different. I bled a lot before passing the fetal tissue the first time but as soon as it was over I was pretty pain free got my AF 4wks later and it lasted for 4 or 5 days. This time I passed the fetal tissue first and then continued to pass clots for 4 days afterwards which was really uncomfortable. And it took 4 wks to get AF but it only lasted 3 days. I also took the second loss much harder emotionally. I wish you luck on your surgery and wish you a fast recovery!

I'm really sorry for your loss, Round2. I know exactly how you feel because I will also have a D&C tomorrow. It's my second one this year and I'm hoping that the recovery will be as fast as it was in March this year.
Luckily my doctor said she's gonna do some tests to find out what's going on. I have a healthy little boy and I'm wondering if having him was just good luck or if having 2 MMC in a row was just bad luck. I don't know but I have 1000 questions... Good luck to you! :hugs:

I'm really sorry for your loss, Round2. I know exactly how you feel because I will also have a D&C tomorrow. It's my second one this year and I'm hoping that the recovery will be as fast as it was in March this year.
Luckily my doctor said she's gonna do some tests to find out what's going on. I have a healthy little boy and I'm wondering if having him was just good luck or if having 2 MMC in a row was just bad luck. I don't know but I have 1000 questions... Good luck to you! :hugs:

Oh Wolke....you summed it up perfectly. I have a little girl who is 3.5. I got pregnant the first month of trying with her and had a perfect pregnancy. I thought I was one of those annoying people who could pop kids out like candy from a pez despenser! Now I'm questioning whether or not I'm the opposite....maybe I just got really lucky. My doctors seems to think I'm just really unlucky....but really they have no frigen idea!!! So angry and fustrated right now.

Round 2,
I had a really bad time with my first loss in April. It was an mmc discovered at 11.5 weeks. By then there was no way of telling when things had gone wrong. After the first ERPC I bled and passed clots for three months due to retained tissue (continuing to produce hcg) and required two follow-on surgeries. Then I fell pregnant again.
In September I had another mmc at 9.5 weeks (baby measured 8+1) and they fit me in for an ERPC the same day. I was sore for only a few days and bled/spotted on and off for a couple of weeks, but I was pretty much fine. So different to the first time!

I hope everything goes quickly for you in terms of recovery and that when you feel ready you fall pregnant very quickly again and that this time you get to take a happy healthy baby home at the end!

xxxxxxxxxxx :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Round 2,
I had a really bad time with my first loss in April. It was an mmc discovered at 11.5 weeks. By then there was no way of telling when things had gone wrong. After the first ERPC I bled and passed clots for three months due to retained tissue (continuing to produce hcg) and required two follow-on surgeries. Then I fell pregnant again.
In September I had another mmc at 9.5 weeks (baby measured 8+1) and they fit me in for an ERPC the same day. I was sore for only a few days and bled/spotted on and off for a couple of weeks, but I was pretty much fine. So different to the first time!

I hope everything goes quickly for you in terms of recovery and that when you feel ready you fall pregnant very quickly again and that this time you get to take a happy healthy baby home at the end!

xxxxxxxxxxx :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks for sharing...........I'm sorry for your losses. Your year sounds similar to mine....can't wait for it to end. I'm glad to hear your recovery was better this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->