Multiple positive pregnancy tests, but negative blood test

SweetiePies

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, and am going through a rather difficult time right now. I found so much inspiration in reading some of these posts, so I figured I'd join the forum and tell you all my story. If anyone has experienced this, or know someone who has, please write back with any opinions / thoughts.

Here it goes:

I'm not on the pill. I wish there was a technical term (and maybe there is) for the prevention technique we use, but I dont know it - so, I'll leave it at we use no protection.

On October 1, I woke up with my period and it only lasted 2 days which is not normal. All month long I had unusual cramping and discharge. Then on October 28, I got my period again and it lasted 3 days. Again, not normal. On November 7, I woke up with red spots on my feet, legs, hands, and arms ONLY. I went to a dermatologist and he said it's nothing I came into contact with since the rash appears to be under my skin. I waited a few days the rash got better, but it's still visible and is still present after a month! Anyways, on November 9, I decided to take a HPT. I used First Response Early Result... both the 2 line test and the digital. Both were positive. I went to the doctor but the blood test came back at less than 5... which they told me is a negative. Three days and 10 positive HPTs later, I was still getting positives. I went to the doctor 4 days after they told me negative and got another blood test... results were still less than 5 (this was on Nov. 11). I accepted the fact that maybe I had a very early miscarriage. However, I still don't feel like myself. My rash is still present. I feel so incredibly fatigued. I feel nauseated after I eat (but haven't thrown up), I have lower back pain. I feel like if I did miscarry, these symptoms should go away. It's been 3 weeks since the negative blood test at the doctor office and I took another test today Dec 5... and got a "Yes +". I'm going to try another brand tomorrow... Clearblue Digital. Any ideas?

Sorry I can't offer any advice but didn't want to read and run.

Hope you get your answers soon hun

X

get a digi hun that way u know 4 sure some hav the conception indicator which tells u how far along u r gl hun x

Really confusing - Did the doctor suggest anything that might be causing the positive HPTs?X

Never heard of this before hun, try and get a digi with a conception indicator and see what it says? Hope you can get it sorted out xx

I'd recommend a Digi as well - Are the ones you have been using blue dye out of interest? I have heard several stories of these giving false positives?

x

I've been using first response. the dye is pink. I've used the 2 line test and the digital. I got several faint positives and a YES +. At this point, having a negative blood test should be the answer, but I feel like these HPTs should go back to a negative too. It's been 3 weeks. I'm either going to let it go, go get a different brand, or just take another test in a few more weeks. Thanks for your replies.

I honestly think you should get another test, definitely some more digital, and ones that will tell you how far along you are (as in, they'd say 1 week, 1-3 weeks or whatever, don't know what they're called). It is possible that you had a very early miscarriage but it's also possible that you're pregnant and your body just hasn't created enough of the hormone to be detected in a blood test. I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Fill us in when you get a result! We'll be here to talk to if you need to.

I really hope you get the result you want!

I don't want to discourage you, but I don't want to give false hope either. But I got over 20 positive tests in October, and I tested negative with a blood test at the doctor. I've been pregnant many times, and I know I was pregnant. But I ended up starting to bleed a week late. "chemical" On the other hand, sometimes it depends on the lab tech performing the tests... maybe something happened in the lab to cause your blood test to be negative... I'd re-test. Good Luck hun!

I recently just have this happening to me as well. Last month had a short period. This month I was noticing some changes with food preference. I wasn't going to get myself excited we decided to be calm. Just say when it happens it happens not to put stress on ourselves.

Well we miscalculated my period and ended up taking pregnancy test. I used Clear Blue plus. It was a faint +. So we said okay well take some more later tried First response got -. Read some reviews online and some people had issues with getting false readings both ways. So early that morning got more variety of test : Clear blue plus, Clear Blue digital, then some cheaper brands. Clear blue plus positive a blatant positive , Clear blue digital negative, and negative for the others as well. Meanwhile I am nauseous a lot not liking the food I used to. Emotional as well.

We said okay lets get a blood test to know. We went yesterday to get it done. Just got our results today and it was negative. Then we realized I do not get my period until this weekend. I researched on false positives and I haven't been taking anything to make the tests come out that way. And all the other seem to not explain whats going on either. Right now we just decided to try to relax and see about this weekend if I get my period or not. As well as test again. I am not understanding the positives with CB+ or my feelings/changes lately. I hope we both find our answers.

Hey everyone, wanted to fill you in on my outcome. I have taken a dozen FRERs and have gotten 2 pink lines every single time. I've gotten 2 blood tests and both were negative. Ive been feeling so sick and tired lately that my doctor finally decided to do an ultra sound.... Turns out I have a large cyst on one of my ovaries.:cry:

He put me on the pill. I have to repeat ultra sound on Feb 6 2012. Hopefully this thing goes away and I won't have to risk losing my ovary.

Hey everyone, wanted to fill you in on my outcome. I have taken a dozen FRERs and have gotten 2 pink lines every single time. I've gotten 2 blood tests and both were negative. Ive been feeling so sick and tired lately that my doctor finally decided to do an ultra sound.... Turns out I have a large cyst on one of my ovaries.:cry:

He put me on the pill. I have to repeat ultra sound on Feb 6 2012. Hopefully this thing goes away and I won't have to risk losing my ovary.

:hugs:

X

Sounds like a good plan, I was going to let you know that, as a lab tech, those blood tests generally do not lie, especially after numerous tests. I wanted to tell you to urge the doctor to do more testing but looks like you were already ahead of the game!:thumbup:

Sounds like a good plan, I was going to let you know that, as a lab tech, those blood tests generally do not lie, especially after numerous tests. I wanted to tell you to urge the doctor to do more testing but looks like you were already ahead of the game!:thumbup:

Thank you! :)

I recently just have this happening to me as well. Last month had a short period. This month I was noticing some changes with food preference. I wasn't going to get myself excited we decided to be calm. Just say when it happens it happens not to put stress on ourselves.

Well we miscalculated my period and ended up taking pregnancy test. I used Clear Blue plus. It was a faint +. So we said okay well take some more later tried First response got -. Read some reviews online and some people had issues with getting false readings both ways. So early that morning got more variety of test : Clear blue plus, Clear Blue digital, then some cheaper brands. Clear blue plus positive a blatant positive , Clear blue digital negative, and negative for the others as well. Meanwhile I am nauseous a lot not liking the food I used to. Emotional as well.

We said okay lets get a blood test to know. We went yesterday to get it done. Just got our results today and it was negative. Then we realized I do not get my period until this weekend. I researched on false positives and I haven't been taking anything to make the tests come out that way. And all the other seem to not explain whats going on either. Right now we just decided to try to relax and see about this weekend if I get my period or not. As well as test again. I am not understanding the positives with CB+ or my feelings/changes lately. I hope we both find our answers.

Good Luck to you, hun! Can you let us know your outcome? In my case, the false positives I was getting was due to the cyst on my ovary. It was producing a very small amount of HCG. I'm not suggesting that this is the reason for your false positive, but it has made me wonder why routine ultra sounds are not done at yearly pap appointments. It took 20 minutes to do, and my doctor did it right in the office. I would have never known that I had an ovarian cyst without getting MULTIPLE beyond MULTIPLE positive First Response pregnancy tests.

Here's an update too on me... when this whole thing started in late October / early November, I was only getting positive results with First Response and Answer. I would get negatives on the Clear Blue digitals... NOW after a month of being on the pill, I'm not only still getting positive First Response and Answers.. but now I'm getting positive Clear Blue Digitals. I'm so frustrated and am considering a second opinion. Being on the Pill is NOT HELPING!

Good Luck to you, hun! Can you let us know your outcome? In my case, the false positives I was getting was due to the cyst on my ovary. It was producing a very small amount of HCG. I'm not suggesting that this is the reason for your false positive, but it has made me wonder why routine ultra sounds are not done at yearly pap appointments. It took 20 minutes to do, and my doctor did it right in the office. I would have never known that I had an ovarian cyst without getting MULTIPLE beyond MULTIPLE positive First Response pregnancy tests.

Here's an update too on me... when this whole thing started in late October / early November, I was only getting positive results with First Response and Answer. I would get negatives on the Clear Blue digitals... NOW after a month of being on the pill, I'm not only still getting positive First Response and Answers.. but now I'm getting positive Clear Blue Digitals. I'm so frustrated and am considering a second opinion. Being on the Pill is NOT HELPING!

I just now seen this I was new to the site. I was going threw old posts and seen this thread had unread posts. Are you still having issues? Hope all of it is fixed now... December: I did a blood test it was negative. That day I got my :af:. I ended up having a chemical pregnancy and in January went to my doctor and she said all looked normal. and to give it 3 months then we would do testing. I ended up getting 3 :bfp: with CB digi, regular CB , and top care this month. and blood test said pregnant. Although HCG is low so she had me put on progesterone. and I will have my first appointment in march. So everything eventually turned out fine.

I hope all went well at your appointment. I'm glad it all turned out to be good for you.

I had laproscopic surgery at the end of February. Even though my doctor said to lay off the pregnancy tests, I couldn't help myself. A month and a half after my surgery (so a couple weeks ago), I took another pregnancy test.... STILL POSITIVE. How on earth am I going to know when I truly am pregnant! So frustrating. I had stage 3 endometriosis as well, which was diagnosed on the day of my surgery. He recommended Lupron for 3 months, then a month of birth control pills, then clomid to get pregnant. Has anyone been on Lupron before? I'm very hesitant to do so. I just want to stay on the pill for a couple more months then go on clomid and get pregnant. Skip that shot, I'm too skeptical of it.

Im sugesting you request an ultrasound. You still have HCG in your body even if it is 5 and if it hasnt gone away you may have an ectopic pregnancy. Hope everything is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->