Mummies who make their own purees

when i used to make all of maddi's puree's, like sweet pots, i always boiled them honey, for quite a while, then pureed with some of the water remaining, and of course you can add milk to :)
i actually brought a proper blender in the end as i was fed up of my hand one, its just one from sainsburys, pop your veggies/food in and whiz it up :D
don't feel a failure, i'm sure i've made some awful food for maddi in the past :hug: xx

Just need to point out babies shouldn't have honey until they are 1 year old cos there is a risk of botulism :)

I steam veg for Myles' purees and then blend with a little water, you do have to cook them for longer than you would do for yourself so they are completely soft instead of al dente though.

As others have said, sweet potato and butternut squash are best roasted and then pureed or mashed :)

when i used to make all of maddi's puree's, like sweet pots, i always boiled them honey, for quite a while, then pureed with some of the water remaining, and of course you can add milk to :)
i actually brought a proper blender in the end as i was fed up of my hand one, its just one from sainsburys, pop your veggies/food in and whiz it up :D
don't feel a failure, i'm sure i've made some awful food for maddi in the past :hug: xx

Just need to point out babies shouldn't have honey until they are 1 year old cos there is a risk of botulism :)

I steam veg for Myles' purees and then blend with a little water, you do have to cook them for longer than you would do for yourself so they are completely soft instead of al dente though.

As others have said, sweet potato and butternut squash are best roasted and then pureed or mashed :)

She was calling her Honey, not cooking them with Honey:winkwink:

I steamed or boiled and mashed instead of puree'ing. I found if I used Formula to thin it out it always seperated so used the water it was cooked it.

Also, we roasted veg like peppers, pots, suede, for a twist too.

She was calling her Honey, not cooking them with Honey:winkwink:

I steamed or boiled and mashed instead of puree'ing. I found if I used Formula to thin it out it always seperated so used the water it was cooked it.

:dohh: sorry! :blush:

I've started making Jacob "stews" the last couple weeks.

I cut up potatoes, carrots and swede into really tiny pieces (like in stage 2 food jars). I also use a different mixture of sweet potato, butternut squash etc to vary the flavour a bit. I put this in with baby stock and simmer on the hob until the veggies are cooked and the gravy thickens. I've also added pasta stars before to add a bit more texture.

Jacob absolutely loves them! You could add chicken etc too if you wanted, or green vegetables.

I cut up potatoes, carrots and swede into really tiny pieces (like in stage 2 food jars). I also use a different mixture of sweet potato, butternut squash etc to vary the flavour a bit. I put this in with baby stock and simmer on the hob until the veggies are cooked and the gravy thickens. I've also added pasta stars before to add a bit more texture.

Jacob absolutely loves them! You could add chicken etc too if you wanted, or green vegetables.

This sounds awesome!, I have to ask though how can you make babystock?

This sounds awesome!, I have to ask though how can you make babystock?

Some of the bigger makes sell pouches of gravy, but I found this really expensive. Boots sell their own make stock cubes and they're ideal! They're £1.49 for 6 cubes. Just go on their website, search "baby stock" and they'll come up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->