Mummykins back in hospital and im furious with the midwives

You are doing a fine job....I would not want the baby in the hospital either to many germs she is better off with you at home...also that way Mommy can rest properly as well.

I am sooo glad that you and Lotti managed to go in and see her!! It must have been a great relief for you and Mummykins! :thumbup:

Don't beat your self up about what you could have done, this was the job of the midwives, we are not doctors or nurses so we do as we are told. And as you say its frightening when they ignore what we feel and our people closest to us who know us better than the doctor!!

But the important thing is that she is getting treated, and she will soon be home with you and little baby where she belongs!

I can imagine how you must feel alone with the baby. It must be very overwhelming!! Try and be calm, I am sure you know exactly what to do even if it doesn't feel like it! You are a great husband for doing this for mummykins, not many people would do that.

And you can always come on here for support! :hugs:

sounds like you are doing a fab job. best wishes to Mummykins for a speedy recovery! :flower:

Well, for starters, feed baby and make sure she has a dry diaper. Everything after that will sort itself out. If you remember those two things, it will help to lessen your stress.

Everything is crystal clear in hindsight so don't beat yourself up over what has happened. Your both doing the right thing now, which is excellent. The legal action and all that can happen later, don't think you have to be on that this instant. It will only add to the stress.

Keep it simple, make sure to feed yourself too! Your going to do great!

That is horribel, and to make it worse she can't even see her newborn you need to talk to the hospital admin!!

Glad you were able to go and and see your wife with LO-i have so much sympathy for her.

The treatmnt you have had is awful and sadly too frequently occurring.

My legs expolded post natal and took weeks to go down. The midwives wold forget to give me my fragmin injections ( i was on the ward for a week with LO). I would have to shuffle along to the desk and ask for it after they had done the night drug round and turned the lights out. One night i found that the drug had already been signed for on the drug chart:wacko: They shouldnt have messed with me-i'm a nurse and a stickler for thorough care! I also found the night nurses manner down right abusive most nights too.

With your wife being diabetic she will be more susceptible to the wound not healing and getting infected so the MWs should have paid EXTRA attention-not less than the norm!

She must feel sooo down right now:cry: BUT, she has a great hubby:winkwink:
See how yu feel about sueing later. Just write all the events down for now and see if you can get a copy of the patient notes. Foucs on you three:winkwink:

And yep-to hell with the bills-there are allways things you can do, sell, etc.

Thank you all.

This should be interesting, Lotti is due a health Visitor visit at 11am today.
Mummykins is still in hospital, so the health visitor is going to be dealing with me instead!

Daddykins - hope that Mummykins gets well soon. Had my C-section about 2 1/2 weeks ago and am HORRIFIED by how you were all treated - my MW and HV's first demand each visit has been to see the wound to ensure it was okay. Mummykins care has been absolutely awful.

You sound as though you are doing so well during such a time of stress. Well done you, Im sure Mummykins feels so much better knowing Lotti is safe and looked after by you.

Sock it to the Health Visitor!!

Mizze x

go get the HV, she deserves all she gets!!!! again hope all is well.

This just gets better!!:dohh:

Are we supposed to be assigned ONE HV? ANOTHER new one today who knew NOTHING of our history so ive had to arrange yet again for them to come to us as opposed to mummykins taking Lotti to them for her health checks as mummykins cannot get down the 3 flights of stairs on her own due to her neuropathy let alone carry a baby aswell (We are moving hopefully mid february to a ground floor flat).

I can forsee a continuity of care issue kicking off here now.

HV was a little wary of me by the end of the visit, not because I was intimidating or anything like that but because of everything I had to say about what has happened. She still didnt seem THAT bothered about the history though.

Lotti doing well which is a good thing. Next I need to get this place sorted out and get Lotti dressed in a pretty outfit before we go and see mummykins this afternoon (visiting hours 3pm till 9 and no im not aloowed to go in early!!)

There must be an overall authority for these professionals, I need to find out who it is I think and have a right go.

Wow I'm so sorry this has happened to you, I hope it gets sorted and I believe you have every right to Take it further xxx

Just seen your last post you don't get one hv they have a team of hvs depending on the area and whoever is on shift at the time will come out...

I'm not sure who is in charge on them maybe c

Tact your local trusts head of midwifery? Xxx

This just gets better!!:dohh:

Are we supposed to be assigned ONE HV? ANOTHER new one today who knew NOTHING of our history so ive had to arrange yet again for them to come to us as opposed to mummykins taking Lotti to them for her health checks as mummykins cannot get down the 3 flights of stairs on her own due to her neuropathy let alone carry a baby aswell (We are moving hopefully mid february to a ground floor flat).

I can forsee a continuity of care issue kicking off here now.

HV was a little wary of me by the end of the visit, not because I was intimidating or anything like that but because of everything I had to say about what has happened. She still didnt seem THAT bothered about the history though.

Lotti doing well which is a good thing. Next I need to get this place sorted out and get Lotti dressed in a pretty outfit before we go and see mummykins this afternoon (visiting hours 3pm till 9 and no im not aloowed to go in early!!)

There must be an overall authority for these professionals, I need to find out who it is I think and have a right go.

Care Quality Commission!

been thinking about you all day. Any news? hope all is well, please send get well wishes to mummykins :flower:

Thank you all again for your continued support
I have been at the hospital for the past 6 hours with mummykins.
Thank god she is finally starting to respond to the antibiotics and her legs are starting to go back down, the new diabetes drugs seem to be doingt their job and mummykins is looking a whole lot brighter today, she cant wait to get home but ive told her to be patient, bless she is STILL worrying about me instead of herself.
Hopefully another 24 hours on the aggressive treatment then she may be allowed home with orals and a district nurse but tats all still to be sorted out yet,

Lottis is doing well and spent over 2 hours in mummykins's arms just being cuddled atteh very start of the visit, its such a sweet sight to see them together.

The hospital keep asking who the midwives were but the simple fact is we dont know their names as it was a different one each time, hopefully they will be tracked down but its very obvious there is something amiss by the way the hospital staff keep asking about it.

I will keep you all updated as things progress, rght now I better go do what ive forgotten to do all day, get something to eat before Lotti wakes up demanding another feed.

daddykins they should know exactly who the midwives were as they should have the birth notes... these need to be completely filled in with dates times names signitures etc or else the nurses or midwives can be struck off of the nursing and midwifery register! sounds like they are fobbing you off? xxx

Thats what I dont get, the hospital do not know of my intentions as ive said nothing about legal action to them so far, but they keep asking us who the midwives were?
Do you think they know they are in the wrong and aer covering their tracks?
I thought the community midwives came from my GP's surgery but obviously im wrong on this, if they are governed by the hospital I may need to act fast I think.

if she has been signed off from community midwives the notes should have been sent to records dept so clerkess in the ward should be able to track them down

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->